PDA

View Full Version : Lith Print Exchange Round 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mikeg
01-24-2008, 03:59 PM
This is a call for participants for the Lith Print Exchange.

The rules and format will be the same as the previous round. Thanks to Mateo for proposing and running the first round.

That is;

1. This is about sharing what can be done in lith printing with the emphasis on the process and not on the value of the prints themselves. I plan on sending my best attempts and I'm sure everyone else will do the same.

2. Print size and presentation will not have any requirements. Prints may be on fibre or RC paper. They may be unmounted, mounted, and/or matted. It's up to you.

3. The print may be straight lith or bleach and redevelopment in lith

4. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but the recipients may appreciate an explanation of the process, such as paper type, lith developer, dilutions etc.

4. The exchange is open to anyone who wants to print in lith.

5. This is an international exchange, so be prepared to send your prints anywhere in the world.

6. Everyone will be divided into groups of 3 or 4 people. So the maximum number of prints you will have to send is 3.

Please sign up here by the end of February.

Prints should be mailed by the end of April.

So far we have the following people signed up from the old thread (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/41927-lith-print-exchange-anybody-interested.html)

mikeg
tim_walls
Travis Nunn
matti
Fintan
Pete H
keeds
rst
bdial
sly
vet173

Please let me know if I've missed you or if you do not wish to participate.

Thanks

Mike

Mark Fisher
01-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I'll give it a try....I'll PM you with an address.

Thanks -- Mark

rst
01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks Mike for organizing this. I am looking forward to this.

ciao
-- Ruediger

keeds
01-25-2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks Mike. Anyone not tried Lith just give it a go. A little patience is required but I find it a very interesting process. There is plenty of info on this site about it. Don't be afraid just join in.

Fintan
01-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Great stuff, look forward to it.

semeuse
01-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll have another go at it.

nze
01-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Count me in

Wolfgang Moersch
01-28-2008, 03:56 AM
count me in

matti
01-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Great to see you are joining Wolfgang. I am going to try out one of your chem kits for this round (ordered from Fotoimpex).
/matti

keeds
01-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Wow, thats what I love about APUG. Even us mere mortals get to rub shoulders with the movers and shakers and greats of the modern analog photography world. Awesome...

Wolfgang Moersch
01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi matti and all

Exciting matter!

Sometimes I need pressure to move. Therefore it is not bad at all, to take part. Today I am on a quite “lithic” road to colored stones.

At this opportunity I had an insistently discussion tonight with my love (Ilford WT – one of the best papers ever made). The Queen acts coyly to my expectation to adopt a more hued phenotype. But insisting emphatically, she moves and gave way to make me happy.

Denglish spoken – sorry
At last – chemically- I´m glad

http://www.moersch-photochemie.com/bilder.php?galerie=mgw&bild=25

mikeg
02-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Hello,

The updated list of participants is:

mikeg
tim_walls
Travis Nunn
matti
Fintan
Pete H
keeds
rst
bdial
sly
vet173
Mark Fisher
semeuse
nze
Wolfgang Moersch

Anyone else is more than welcome. Closing date for sign up is the end of Feb.

Thanks everyone,

Mike

rst
02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
... Anyone else is more than welcome. Closing date for sign up is the end of Feb.
Can I sign up a second time and be part of two different groups? ;) Oh, you wrote 'anyone else' ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

mikeg
02-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Can I sign up a second time and be part of two different groups? ;) Oh, you wrote 'anyone else' ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

I don't see why not!

Cheers

Mike

rst
02-10-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't see why not!

Cheers

MikeHi Mike, then I volunteer in the case that the number of participants does not allow an equal distribution.

ciao
-- Ruediger

mikeg
02-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Any more takers for an exchange of lith prints? Only a few more days left to sign up.

Cheers

Mike

Mike Té
02-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Count me in, please. Great idea.

Any more takers for an exchange of lith prints? Only a few more days left to sign up.

Cheers

Mike

mikeg
02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
One more day to sign up.

I'll sort out the groups sometime over the weekend and let everyone know by Monday.

Cheers

Mike

mikeg
03-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Hello,

I've put all our names into a hat and drew out the following groups. With 16 people there was no need for anyone to double up -- sorry Ruediger!

The groups are as follows

Group 1
-------
Fintan
Pete H
tim_walls
tmike

Group 2
-------
matti
keeds
nze
semeuse

Group 3
-------
Travis Nunn
mikeg
rst
Mark Fisher

Group 4
--------
bdial
Wolfgang Moersch
sly
vet123

Please exchange addresses by PM with everyone in your group and send out your prints by the end of April.

Let me know as soon as possible if you need to withdraw from the exchange.

Cheers

Mike

rst
03-03-2008, 01:18 AM
... With 16 people there was no need for anyone to double up -- sorry Ruediger!
Then ... thanks for spending your hat. It was not a talking hat? You put in a name and after some mumble it tells you the group. ;)

Regards
-- Ruediger