PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 7, May 2008

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

philldresser
06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh yeah, it was great to actually receive prints from everybody that signed up for this round!

Yeh, I was one short last round as well :rolleyes:

Still, the good far outweigh the bad and each round has inspired my alt printing persuits

Phill

colrehogan
06-27-2008, 06:27 AM
My prints are finally made. :D

I was going to make a second one since I was so late, but the test prints aren't working like I would like and they will take some more work. The print I had in mind to send is ready, so provided I have or can get the appropriate packaging, I hope to send out my prints by early next week.

colrehogan
06-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I received Zebra's prints in the mail today and I am floored! WOW! I will make another attempt at a second print tomorrow. :D

One of the prints is bigger than my bedroom television set. :o :D

colrehogan
07-01-2008, 07:43 AM
I plan to get my prints in the mail today. :o Finally! :D

FredW
07-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, after returning from a little road trip with the family, I found Phill's wonderful print in the mail box. It is magnificent, the tonal range, and detail is impressive.

querlicht
07-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I received Zebra's and Colrehogan's prints in the mail today. It's a day like christmas :-)) Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Martin from Switzerland

Allen Friday
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
To those in my group, the prints are on my secretary's desk, in envelopes, etc, ready to go in the mornings mail. I am sorry for the long delay. But, the prints are "in the mail."

Allen

philldresser
07-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Received Allens beautifully subtle multi layered print on Saturday. Very impressive Allen
Thank you
Would you mind PMing me the proceedure that you used?

Allen Friday
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Hello Phil,

Rives BFK 280 gsm Hot Press White paper. First coat is combination of platinum and palladium, 50% each, developed in Pot. Ox. developer. Second coat is cyanotype, short exposure time to set the shadows. Standard cyanotype mixture. Third coat is gum with burnt umber, burnt sienna, and permanent magenta water color pigment added.

These are the first set of prints I have made using the gum over process since I took a day long work shop with Kerik at his home in California in April. Hence the beginner status. I tried a lot of variations on this photograph and fianlly settled on the print you have. I am still in the learning stage on this process, there are so many options.

Hope you like the print.

Allen

philldresser
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Allen

Yes, I do like it very much.
Thanks for the explanation. Never tried gum over printing but will do in the near future. Would love to do a Kerik workshop as well.
Thanks again

Phill

FredW
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Just received Allens very fin print in the mail today. Thanks for the explanation of the process. Sounds like a lot of work, I have also been looking at trying some gum over printing too. Thanks you.

colrehogan
07-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I hope everyone in my group received my prints. I have only heard from Martin that they were received.

sly
07-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Diane,
I did recieve your photos last week. Had 4 grandchildren in the house, and didn't really take time to appreciate them until now (it's much quieter). Of the two my favorite is "Nude Photographing Nude". I love the peekaboo through the leaves.

Monty, I recieved your prints as well. 20x24! My goodness! It's hard to imagine the camera. Not only that but a bonus print as well! They are both amazing, but my favorite is the one of the Japanese gardens.

I really enjoyed getting contact prints of other formats. Some day I'd like something bigger than a 4x5, so it's nice to see a few to the possibilities - from Diane 5x12 and 6 1/2 x 8 1/2, and from Monty 7x17 and 20x24.

A big thanks to you both. Lillian