PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Portfolio--Round 4

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Matthew Gorringe
10-31-2008, 01:40 AM
I've enjoyed looking at the portfolio this week and have finished toning my chosen print today. I'm just waiting on some Light Impressions tape to be sent so I can mount it and expect the portfolio will be in the post by the end of next week at the latest.

Does anyone one know about the print in this portfolio from Jorge? It's quite beautiful but I can't work out how it was produced.

David A. Goldfarb
10-31-2008, 05:33 AM
Jorge's print is platinum/palladium. He hasn't been contributing to the portfolio for a few rounds, but I've left the print in so people could see it, since there has been space.

David A. Goldfarb
11-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Liza seems to be out of contact at the moment, so Ole is up next for Portfolio I, and if Liza turns up, she can get the portfolio after Ole or one of the other European participants.

Update: Liza found, so let's go back to the original order: Carl Radford, then Liza, then Ole.

David A. Goldfarb
12-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I just had a look at Portfolio II over at Bruce Osgood's place yesterday, and there's some fine work in there. Some of the images were familiar from the galleries, but there was often a vast ocean of difference between the image on the screen and the print in the portfolio, and it was a good reminder of how important it is always to be looking at real prints.

I've updated the Traveling Portfolio FAQ to reflect the concerns about rising shipping costs, requesting that participants do what they can to keep the weight within reason. In short--send an unmounted print if you can, don't mat if possible, and if you must, then try to use 2-ply and certainly no more than 4-ply board.

Ole
01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
The portfolio is here!

I'll be looking over it, selecting a print to make, and passing it on - shortly. ;)

Dietmar Wolf
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Great Ole. Means I will have to visit the darkroom this weekend to put a print into it.

toddstew
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I put a print in a portfolio that came through here last year, and I really enjoyed being a part of this exchange. At this point I am just a member. Can I still be on the list to get it when it gets near New Mexico, or do I have to be a subscriber to take part?
Thanks,
Todd

David A. Goldfarb
01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I think the Traveling Portfolio started before there was even a subscription system, and in general, member-organized functions aren't restricted to subscribers unless the members organizing them decide to make it so. I suppose that if the Traveling Portfolio became wildly popular and we needed a way to limit the numbers we might make it subscriber-only, but for now, we don't have that restriction.

David A. Goldfarb
02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
WFE has Portfolio II and PhotoPete is up next.

Ole, do you still have Portfolio I, or have you sent it on to Dietmar?

Ole
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I have it still :(

Expect to get it posted next week.

David A. Goldfarb
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for checking in.

David A. Goldfarb
04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
PhotoPete seems to be out of contact, so WFE will send portfolio II on to gr82bart, and when we hear from PhotoPete, we can fit him back in the order.

Dietmar Wolf
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi

The portfolio will be sent tomorrow to Mick.

Please take me off the list again.

best regards, Dietmar

David A. Goldfarb
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for checking in, Dietmar. I've made a note then that you'll be sitting out next round.

Mick Fagan
04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
The folio arrived here about five minutes ago, I completely forgot about the combination lock, I'll pm David for the combination.

Mick.

Mick Fagan
04-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Some very interesting work, I had to use a magnifying glass to see Ole's Fly:D

Some of the prints will need a further appreciation in daylight, but for now, artificial light will do.

Mick.

David A. Goldfarb
04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Nicole's up next for Portfolio I.

wfe and gr82bart and/or photopete, did you make contact regarding Portfolio II?

Dietmar Wolf
04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Mick. That went really fast from switzerland to australia !

best, dietmar

David A. Goldfarb
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Hmmm... gr82bart seems to be out of touch. I know he's been traveling a fair bit lately, so next up is AdamKap.

Mick Fagan
04-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Dietmar, yes it was reasonably quick. I send stuff to Germany reasonably often, generally it takes about 6 working days.

The very quickest I have ever known, was something I posted on a Sunday afternoon, it was delivered in Germany on Wednesday German time, which was early Friday Australian time, at the time:D

Mick.