PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Portfolio--Round 4

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Ole
04-23-2009, 11:37 AM
... I had to use a magnifying glass to see Ole's Fly:D ...

Smallest print in the portfolio, as well as the smallest subject. :)

David A. Goldfarb
05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
We seem to be having a run of people out of touch or sitting out for Portfolio II, so next up is Ed Sukach.

matt miller
05-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Sweet. I'm after Ed (I think). I put a print in the Portfolio on 8/24/06 and haven't seen it since. Sure takes a LONG time to come around.

matt miller
07-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Where are the Portfolio's now?

David A. Goldfarb
07-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll send a note to Ed and see how he's doing. I suspect he still has it.

Markus Albertz
11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
It's been a long while since the last update. Where do we stand with the travel portfolios?

David A. Goldfarb
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I think Vaughn has Portfolio II, and it's been a while since we've heard about Portfolio I--I think Nicole has it.

Nicole, Vaughn, can you give us an update?

Vaughn
11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I have the most excellent Portfolio II. I am trying to get it in front of our university's Camera Club, but so far I have not been able to get to one of their meetings. If I can't do it in the next couple of weeks, I'll send it on its way.

Vaughn

David A. Goldfarb
11-08-2009, 12:01 AM
That's fine. Always a bonus when someone has a chance to show it around.

David A. Goldfarb
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Just checking in. Any news Nicole & Vaughn?

John McCallum
01-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Also curious. cheers john

Vaughn
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Sorry for the delay. The Portfolio that I have is ready to hit the road agin.

I had wanted to share it with our University Photo Club and finally had the opportunity to do so tonight. So, I need the address for the next lucky person!

The students appreciated seeing the variety of work, and it brought up many questions about process, et al.

Here is a photo of all the work up, after the students left (delayed intelligence prevented my from thinking about taking a photo when everyone was still around.)

Vaughn

PS -- don't click on/enlarge the image if you want the contents to be a surprise!

David A. Goldfarb
02-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Excellent, Vaughn! That's worth the delay. I'll PM you and rlibersky to arrange the next shipment, and I'll PM Nicole to see what's happened with the other portfolio.

Rlibersky
02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Received the portfolio today. Now just need to find the bolt cutters to open it or I could PM David to get the combination.

Looking forward to seeing the photos
Randy

David A. Goldfarb
02-11-2010, 10:49 PM
PM sent. Thanks for checking in.

Haven't heard from Nicole yet. I may try other methods of contacting her. This is, incidentally, why I usually ask for a current e-mail address and phone number. We had the portfolio go missing once for months and almost ended up sending someone to go knock on his door to find out what happened, after I'd made all sorts of phone calls and sent a letter as well as direct e-mails off forum.

I keep thinking I ought to just post the combination in the FAQ for the portfolio. The only reason we bother to lock it is to satisfy postal regulations. The lock doesn't really provide much in the way of security, since it is thin enough to cut easily, and someone could just as well cut open the zipper (and one participant in fact did so, not realizing what it was, and ended up having to replace the case). It seems very unlikely that someone could come in contact with the portfolio, would have an interest in stealing the contents, wouldn't be inclined just to break into the thing to find out what was there, and would know where to look for the combination. Would anyone object to posting the combination in the FAQ?

Vaughn
02-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Sounds like a fine idea, David.

matt miller
02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Would anyone object to posting the combination in the FAQ?

I have no problem with that.

David A. Goldfarb
02-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Made contact with Nicole, so Portfolio I should be back in motion. Next three up are--

gbenaim
ronlamarsh
Lee

Anyone hear from Lee lately? He hasn't been around APUG for a while.

Best,

David

David A. Goldfarb
02-24-2010, 12:02 PM
gbenaim is sitting out this round, so next is ronlamarsh, followed by Lee and then kwmullet.

David A. Goldfarb
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Ron is sitting out and Lee hasn't been on APUG in months, so it may take a while to find him, so let's put him on hold for now, since there are a few Texans clustered together, and we can add him back in easily.

Next up is kwmullett, followed by David Vickery.