PDA

View Full Version : Ode to Polaroid Print Exchange

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

David A. Goldfarb
03-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Just waiting for some good light, good clouds, and not too much wind.

JLMoore3rd
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm relieved to hear it's not just me having difficulties.

I've had a heck of a time getting a transfer done to my satisfaction, I may just give up & make a couple straight prints... It's just that I will miss the Polaroid transfer when this is all over.

John

kraker
04-06-2008, 03:09 PM
"First time right" is a myth, but for this exchange, I thought I'd try "last time right" (last Polaroid, that is). It proves to be a tough assignment.

I finally had some time to shoot, some vague ideas of what to shoot, and some nice weather.

Just as I was getting a hang of it, ready for the 3rd shot, the sun was gone. Gone. Gone. Walked and biked around some more, got some nice ideas, but the weather was turning for worse.

So... Some more delay here as well.

winger
04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah, similar problems here. It's been really blah and nothing is green, yet. I did manage some today, though, so they'll go in the mail tomorrow.

rwyoung
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I got one "good" shot yesterday to learn how the 8x10 holder and processor work. I was hoping to get out today but it didn't clear crummy overcast until too late in the day! Nuts. I'm hoping for next Saturday now, unless I can wiggle some time off during the week.

David A. Goldfarb
04-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Ted Harris from the LF forum offered a spare box of Type 809 to anyone who could come up with a proposal that would use it in an educational way, so I proposed that I would increase my participation in this exchange from three 8x10" prints to fifteen, so that as many people as possible could see and own an 8x10" Polaroid print and could show their prints to others.

So far I'm exchanging with Keeds and gr82bart (the fourth member of our group had to back out), so I can make 13 more prints for the next 13 participants in this exchange who contact me via PM about exchanging a Polaroid print (or Polaroid derived alt-process or silver gelatin print) with me for this exchange.

The prints won't all be the same, of course.

Thanks Ted!

Alex Hawley
04-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks Ted!

AHA! You were the lucky one! David, I would like to exchange with you if you would consider a 4x5 as a fair trade.

David A. Goldfarb
04-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Absolutely, Alex. Just send me a PM with your address, and I'll add you to the list.

Otiica
04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm late getting to the thread but was wondering if I could offer up some 8x10s could I get in on some of the action?

gr82bart
04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Folks,

OK, let's apply the paddles and "CLEAR" - phthppt! Here's an update:

Group 1:
David A. Goldfarb - 8x10
Keeds - 4x5 Type 55
gr82bart - transfer
NEW! - Otiica - 8x10

Group 2
gr82bart - transfer
SuzanneR - 4x5
Black Dog - 4x5
Fintan - emulsion lift

Group 3
Black Dog - 4x5
rwyoung - ?
Winger - 4x5
Alex Hawley - ?

Group 4
PeteH - 4x5
sino - SX70 or Choco80
MenacingTourist - 4x5 Type 55
Tim_Walls - 4x5

Group 5
gr82bart - 600 series
kraker - 600
rkmiec - 600
MartinB - 3x4
dianna - 3x4
JLMoore3rd - 3x4 or 600

Please send a PM with your name and address to the rest of your group so they can send prints to you. It would be great if everyone can do that this week. It also makes it easier to send all the prints at once, rather than send them out one at a time.

Let's extend the due date to the end of May. (Yeah, yeah, I'm guilty too!)

Regards, Art.

Fintan
04-29-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm pretty disapointed to say the box of 59 I bought for this exchange is firing blanks, dried up and useless. I'm not sure what to do, I did want to do emulsion lifts for the exchange. I'm really sorry.

Fintan

kraker
05-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Getting there. I have finally found the inspiration for this "Ode to Polaroid". I need to find a few good locations, but I'm finally getting there! Feels good... I will really make it an "Ode to Polaroid". Just wait and see... :o

MenacingTourist
05-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Finally!
I sent my domestic print yesterday to David Goldfarb (my work has a postage machine). I have prints packaged and ready to mail to the three international people in my group but I'm just trying to make time to get to the post office. I go to work before the PO opens and get home after it closes. I left them home with my dear wife today...we're at her mercy :)

As a little bonus I threw in a couple of stickers from the latest batch that got printed.

Alan.

winger
05-23-2008, 09:57 AM
I got a great shot from BlackDog the other day. Thanks!

SuzanneR
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I got a great shot from BlackDog the other day. Thanks!

Me too! Thank you very much!!! :)

I still need to make mine... I've been beset with not having the light I want for the picture I am planning, when I can do it... ergh....

Hopefully, the stars will align soon!

Black Dog
05-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks-gald you liked them [forgotten what I sent out now!]. Thanks for yours too!

dianna
05-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I received 2 Polaroids from Jacco yesterday - I really enjoyed them, especially the "ode". I don't want to give it away for those who have not received theirs yet... Thanks Jacco!

kraker
05-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I received 2 Polaroids from Jacco yesterday - I really enjoyed them, especially the "ode". I don't want to give it away for those who have not received theirs yet... Thanks Jacco!

You're welcome! And, what a coincidence: you received mine yesterday, I received yours yesterday. I like it a lot. Nice composition. Thanks for reminding me not to tell too much, I'll just say this... I have a sudden appetite for an apple ;). Dianna, thanks!

MenacingTourist
06-02-2008, 10:11 AM
My polaroid prints are now in the mail and heading over the ocean to my exotic group members. Tim Walls, Sino and Pete Haris please let me know if you don't get your prints in the expected timeframe.

Alan.

rwyoung
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
8x10 type 809 done and sent. Even saved postage by giving Alex his in person.