PDA

View Full Version : Large Formatters in Ireland on APUG

Pages : [1] 2

Rafal Lukawiecki
02-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I wonder if there are many APUGgers who do LF stuff in Ireland. I've spent a few lonely but nonetheless meditative days last week in Wicklow Mountains with my kit and I kind of thought it might be fun to have another go at Scheimpflug and calculating minimum f-stops for a slanted plane of depth of focus and all that stuff that really makes more sense when a few heads get together... With the nice weather coming this summer (it must) I think it could be nice to meet up.

Rafal

Fintan
02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I do a little bit of 5x4 but mostly indoors since my bellows are leaky [thanks to a lying Ebay seller] and i always use Polaroid Type 55 on it.

But that said I'd be on for meeting up sometime....

mmcclellan
02-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh to be back in Ireland so I could go out with you guys . . . . :(

Dave Miller
02-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I do a little bit of 5x4 but mostly indoors since my bellows are leaky [thanks to a lying Ebay seller] and i always use Polaroid Type 55 on it.

A lying eBay seller no less, now there’s a novelty. :o

I thought gaffer tape was invented with leaky bellows in mind. :)

Fintan
02-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Yea loopey photographer living in Kilburn (not British), wanted me to claim on insurance for leeky bellows 'damged in transit' Then threatened me when I left negative feedback. Screwing me is one thing, threatening me is another. I suggested I call over to his studio [aint google handy] and have a little chat :D

Anyway I do have some tape on it, but when I fold back the bellows it sortof comes unstuck unfortunatly.

Dave Miller
02-23-2008, 11:05 AM
:) Nice tale.

I can imagine that if one winds gaffer tape around one's bellows they quickly cease to be bellows.:(

Rafal Lukawiecki
02-24-2008, 11:01 AM
So it seems there would be only the two of us about. Wow!

dferrie
02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Rafal,

I don't shoot LF (MF and 35mm) but if you are feeling lonely I'm sure we could organise a Wicklow APUGers outing, don't think we'd have much trouble convincing Síle to come along.

David

Síle
02-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Rafal,

I don't shoot LF (MF and 35mm) but if you are feeling lonely I'm sure we could organise a Wicklow APUGers outing, don't think we'd have much trouble convincing Síle to come along.

David

Nope.. no trouble at all.. I'm convinced :D

Síle

Marcust101
02-29-2008, 03:11 AM
I've been trying 4X5 recently and taken maybe 20 pictures, nothing yet to write home about but a day in the mountains sounds good once the rain isn't coming down sideways

Marcus

Rafal Lukawiecki
03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I'd love to help organise something in July. And perhaps an organiser's meet up earlier if need be. :-) Ideally we could get a few people who do LF or who even are interested in getting into it...

R.

Droog
03-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Hello again Rafal! I'd love to meet up with you and anyone else to do some LF photography - as long as the tolerance threshold is high for a certain lack of expertise on my part...

This would be fun.

Andrew

Rafal Lukawiecki
03-05-2008, 05:24 AM
I think it would be great, especially with the eye for getting other people more interested in LF in Ireland. Ideally having some LF kit with you for the meet would help, but I am sure we could try working around that too.

melball
03-05-2008, 05:52 AM
How about we have a general get together but you guys who do LF can demo to us guys who don't? Seeing as the December Apug gathering is slowly fading into the background we are overdue another outing (I know Paddy's and Easter have kind of scuppered march but maybe sometime not too long after?). On another note the Cork Chapter (ie me and fluffy) is thriving and if ever you guys are down this way and want to go shooting give us a buzz...plans are afoot for our own Paddy's day street photography (seeing as we are both restricted to Cork this time round).

Mel

Rafal Lukawiecki
03-05-2008, 06:23 AM
That sounds like fun! Would you be thinking of an in-pub etc. demo or an outing in the open? I would love to share the fun of LF with others. I'm not sure when would be best - as you've done the get-togethers before you would have a better feel for that.

I've never been to Cork. No doubt it would be a great place to drag my kit to. :-)

R.

thefizz
03-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Did someone mention "pub" :D

melball
03-06-2008, 06:58 AM
pub good...:D:D as long as they are serving decent guinness (and I'm not driving!) btu we could do a bit of both (pub and outdoors) if people are up for it.

Rafal Lukawiecki
03-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Well, I guess count me in! :-)

jb7
05-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Well Fintan-
your leaky bellows tempted me out into the open-

I remembered a post on the LFF,
where somebody recommended Dow Corning Silastic Gasket 100% silicone rubber Plastic Putty.
And he recommends applying it on the outside-

Strangely enough, he was replying to a post that was 8 years old-
full thread is here-

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=770&highlight=%22latex%22

It would be good if you managed an easy repair-
I hate to think of that T55 expiring for no good reason-

Btw, although that compound sounds plausible,
I haven't any experience of it myself-
My own bellows are holding up quite nicely, thank you very much-

Failing that, there's a seller on ebay that makes replacement bellows-
though I don't know if he does Linhof-
and it would require a bit of DIY to fit them-

Go on- get it fixed...

joseph

jb7
05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
And another one-

Puffy Paint

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=35840&highlight=%22leaky+bellows%22