PDA

View Full Version : UK Print Exchange Round 12

Pages : [1] 2 3

Brian Jeffery
02-24-2008, 04:09 AM
APUG UK Print Exchange Round 12.

The time has come to start the sign up for round 12 of the UK Print Exchange. If you signed up for round 11 but have not yet received a print can you inform me via PM. Anyone, who hasn't met their round 11 commitment will be excluded from this and future exchanges until they have sent their print.

Exchange rules are as follows:

Please register interest in this thread and send the address you want the print sent to via PM to me (with subject line "UK round 11" please). Interest should be registered by the end of SATURDAY 1st MARCH after which I will place all names in a hat and pick them out at random. I have kept a record of previous rounds matches so I'll try to ensure that people send prints to different people this round.

You will then receive a PM with the address of the person that you should send your print to.

Your details will have been passed to another in the group who should send you a print.

You will not be expected to send a print to the person that sends you one - just to the name and address that you have been provided with.

Rules.
1. Your print must have originated from a film/ in-camera paper negative (eg no digital process at any point please), but any intermediate traditional stages are acceptable .
2. Your print should be on 10x8 paper (or larger if you wish, just dont expect others to send you anything bigger than 10 x 8 ).
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Inkjet prints or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
6. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
7. Enjoy the experience.
8. There is no expectation for critiques or comments to be made, although there is nothing to stop you asking for this if you wish.
9. Failure to honor the agreement and not send a print will result in a strike, 3 strikes and your out. Past failings will be counted.

If you have a spare copy of your print then Simon Galley at Ilford / Harmon Technology would love to see it. I'm sure Simon will put it on the company notice board for everyone to see. Simon's address is:

HARMAN technology Limited,
Town Lane,
Mobberley,
Knutsford,
CHESHIRE.
WA16 7JL

Marked : For the attention of Simon.R.Galley

Brian

Akki14
02-24-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm considering signing up but you're so quick in your sign-up times and sending and I'll be going to visit my parents for a while soon so unless I send my print between the 3-4th, you'd have to settle for a print sent from the US (though my address would still be in the UK). Is that okay? I should be able to get a print done this week to carry with me even if you don't get the addresses out before I go...

Brian Jeffery
02-24-2008, 04:44 AM
Hi Heather,

sorry for the short sign up time this round, but I'm probably not going to be in a position to sit down and pull the names from the hat the subsequent two weekends. That said you will probably have 4 to 6 weeks to get your print out after the 2nd March.

As to sending the print from the US, I have no objections: you are based in the UK, but will be away for a while... So, as long as you don't mind the extra postage and also not knowing if you've received a print until you've got back home then by all means please go ahead and sign up.

Brian

Jon Butler
02-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi Brian,
Yes please.
JON.

Rob Archer
02-24-2008, 02:01 PM
My darkroom's now up and running again so count me in please, Brian!

Rob

Stan160
02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm in again please Brian, PM sent.

Apologies again for the delay in my entry to round 11, but it is in the post now!

Ian

Sandeha Lynch
02-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Not this time, but in a month or three I should be printing again. I really appreciated the last round I was in.

du a gwyn
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
i'm in !!

clwyd
02-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Brian, please count me in for round 12. Many thanks Chris Gries.

simulatordan
02-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Me too Please. PM on the way

bwakel
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Count me in please Brian.

Barry

mikeg
02-25-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm in please.

Cheers

Mike

GFDarlington
02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi All

More problems accessing the site recently mean I'm only managing to get onto APUG about once a week on average. So, glad I caught the call for Round 12 which I can confirm I'm keen to enter.

Graham

delphine
02-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Can I play too?

I sent you a PM :D

Steve Smith
02-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Yes please.

Steve.

Brian Jeffery
02-29-2008, 10:52 AM
thought I'd give this thread a bump,

Brian

Akki14
02-29-2008, 04:39 PM
*looks at date* oh okay I'll join too. Just don't expect a speedy response... second half of next month at best.

Mark Burley
03-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi,

Count me in, I wouldn't mind joining the party...

Mark

Brian Jeffery
03-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Everyone who signed up for this exchange should now have received a PM from me detailing where they should send their print. I've listed the participants below:

Brian Jeffery
Dave Miller
JON@jb-ci
Rob Archer
Stan160
clwyd
simulatordan
bwakel
mikeg
GFDarlington
delphine
Steve Smith
Akki14
du a gwyn
Mark Burley
pquser

Can everyone please try to get there print out by Friday 4th April as that is when I intend to start the sign up for the next round. If it looks like you're not going to be able to meet the deadline I would be grateful if you could PM your recipient and let them know you are going to be late.

Brian

Paul.
03-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Bugger missed the sign up date, thats what comes of revamping the kitchen to keep her indoors on side. Never mind will have a print up and ready for the april round 12. Sorry to of missed the party have fun.
Regards Paul.