PDA

View Full Version : sheetfilm.be also sells ... sheet film !!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

argus
03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Dear APUG subscribers/members/visitors,

I am pleased to announce that sheetfilm.be expands its business from the production of (what some call the best classic ground glass) GVB groundglass to the resale of sheet film.

As our business is focussed on the users of view cameras, we only stock and sell the very fine Wephota sheet films, rollfilm formats will not be stocked and/or sold.
We(*) have a permanent stock for immediate delivery in the most popular sheet film formats (4x5" and 8x10") in 25ASA, 100ASA and 400ASA in 25 sheet boxes. Depending on the popularity, other formats will be added to our permanent stock.
Other sizes are available on simple demand in all film speed variations. We will gladly order specialty film sizes for you.

Please consult the prices here (http://sheetfilm.be/film.php)
Prices start from € 13,00 for a 25 sheet box in 4x5" film format

For those who have never heard of Wephota before:
As a long time Wephota sheet film user myself (mostly in 8x10" format), I can assure its quality. Over a few hundred sheets that I burned in the last year, I could never see any coating or other defects.

Kind regards,
Geert

(*) pluralis majestatis

photo8x10
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
This a good news.
I'll try it., I've just put my order, 8x10 in 100 and 400 iso
I hope also in the future mayvbe to find it also in 8x20.

Stefano

Rob_5419
03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice one Geert - good luck in your venture.

By the way - can you persuade Wephota to cut down NP15 to whole plate size (6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches) and stock it if there is enough demand?

I tried with a few other users last year and failed.

keeds
03-13-2008, 04:19 AM
Do they do 7x17? How do their films compare to other such as FP4+ or HP5+?

argus
03-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi,

thanks for the interest and questions and the first orders :).

Film is cut from master rolls on demand, so virtually any possible size is available for order.

Rob,

I'd like to provide whole plate films, no problem, but alike the 7x17" I am awaiting the price. You will see those film sizes on my site when I get them.

keeds,

it's some time since I used Ilford films. I used to develop them in rodinal, but now I use a staining developer for the Wephota films, so comparing is difficult.
I still use Fortepan 200 in 7x17, untill I run out of my personal stock.

Regarding film speed, I have a personal EI of 80 for NP22 (100ASA box speed). I am currently setting my EI for the 25 and 400ASA films and will finalize it next weekend.

Kind regards,
Geert

Rob_5419
03-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks Argus -

if Wephota agree to do it, that would be great. They didn't last year, and their British agent moved buildings too.

You might want to post on the www.largeformatphotography.info forum too and maybe ask about a group order - there probably is enough interest from the forum to make it more than just an initial order, to reduce your overheads in stocking whole plate film.

Keep us posted!

Thanks

Sandeha Lynch
03-14-2008, 03:46 AM
Wephota NP sheet film is gorgeous stuff in Rodinal.

I'd be very interested in some NP15 in whole plate.

Ole
03-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Yet again I'll ask about 24x30cm film. Not 9.5x12", but 24cm x 30cm. ;)

matti
03-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Good prices. Is it Efke? Foma? Or something else?

/matti

argus
03-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Yet again I'll ask about 24x30cm film. Not 9.5x12", but 24cm x 30cm. ;)

Ole,

24x30 cm film is available.

Kind regards,
Geert

Chazzy
03-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Who makes this stuff?

argus
03-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Who makes this stuff?

Hi Charles,

the film is made in a German coating factory.
Untill some months ago, the 25ASA version was made by a Croation company.

Kind regards,
Geert

matti
03-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm a bit tired of playing this game... Why not tell us what it is? This new economy and stuff with communities where even businesses come is supposed to be about being open and honest, isn't it?
I currently use Adox (efke) 100 at 18x24 cm and 4x5 inch. Is this the same?
/matti

argus
03-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm a bit tired of playing this game... Why not tell us what it is? This new economy and stuff with communities where even businesses come is supposed to be about being open and honest, isn't it?
/matti

Well,

it's not really a game. The manufacturer is not very keen in telling where the film is actually made. With a little bit of business intelligence, you can easily understand why.

Geert

Ole
03-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Ole,

24x30 cm film is available.

Great, Geert!

I'll be ordering some as soon as I get the bellows patched up (or replaced - it's an original ca. 1900 camera with original bellows).

And I'll want a special 4x5" ground glass too, as soon as I get around to measuring it.

Nick Zentena
03-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Geert do you have a source for larger sheet lith film? Or even X-ray?

Rob_5419
03-15-2008, 09:38 AM
/matti

Believe it or not, there is a political dimension to the obscure art of film production, coating and marketing.

Frankly I don't give a monkey's toss where the film is produced, EU or not. No offence, but it's as nauseating as hearing whether Leica lenses are produced in Canada or Germany; Rollei lenses in Singapore or Japan or Germany; Carl Zeiss lenses in Germany AE version or Japanese MM versions,; whether Polaroid Type 55 is really Panatomic X from 50 years ago; whether... in this age of globalisation... AArgh. I'm going to have a wobbly. Sorry.

As Sandeha says, it's gorgeous in Rodinal. The emulsion is traditional; high quality tonal rendition and ultra-fine grain (NP15). If Geert can get it in whole plate format for export for enthusiasts, then why not support Wephota? It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.

Scott Peters
03-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Well, if you can produce 7x17 and ship reasonably to US?

matti
03-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Well. I suppose you misunderstood me quite a bit. I would like to order from sheetfilm.be. Exactly the same price as efke100 from fotoimpex but a shopping cart system that is easier to use. But if I need to test the film and don't know what I will get, it is better to stick with efke, isn't it?

/matti

Believe it or not, there is a political dimension to the obscure art of film production, coating and marketing.

Frankly I don't give a monkey's toss where the film is produced, EU or not. No offence, but it's as nauseating as hearing whether Leica lenses are produced in Canada or Germany; Rollei lenses in Singapore or Japan or Germany; Carl Zeiss lenses in Germany AE version or Japanese MM versions,; whether Polaroid Type 55 is really Panatomic X from 50 years ago; whether... in this age of globalisation... AArgh. I'm going to have a wobbly. Sorry.

As Sandeha says, it's gorgeous in Rodinal. The emulsion is traditional; high quality tonal rendition and ultra-fine grain (NP15). If Geert can get it in whole plate format for export for enthusiasts, then why not support Wephota? It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.

ReallyBigCameras
03-15-2008, 12:12 PM
It's not like it's some large Japanese digital corporation like Nokia behind it.

Nokia a Japanese company? That'll be shocking news to the good people of Finland.

Kerry Thalmann
Really Big Cameras
http://reallybigcameras.com