PDA

View Full Version : Camera 6 Concepts - Discussion

k_jupiter
03-23-2008, 11:34 PM
OK, great ideas, but not enough of them. I have decided that we will launch a couple fo trial cameras in the near future, April, May time span, but... Camera 6 will be a traditional 36 exposure color camera (please voice requests for film type) but with a common theme. Your interpretation of one common artistic thought.

Today is the 24th. By Friday, a theme will emerge, either by discussion or fiat.

Sign ups start right now under the thread "Camera 6 sign up". I have one person signed up and one who didn't make it in to Round 5 whom I will contact to see if they are till interested. I would like a three or four continent trip this time.

Voice you opinion on subject, sign up now. There will be 33 people in this round.

tim in san jose

Black Dog
03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm in-happy with pretty much any subject...

Síle
03-24-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm in-happy with pretty much any subject...

I'm in too.. and happy with any subject, but will put my thinking cap on for some inspiration :D

Síle

copake_ham
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
tim,

Yes, please include me in #6.

My suggestion regards film. If we're going to go color than I recommend Kodak's Portra 400VC.

I figure that ISO 400 will "cover" the seasons since - if the camera goes to a hemisphere that's in wintertime - light will be low and the 400 will be a welcome advantage.

Nonetheless, I've shot Portra 400 and the "grain penalty" vs. the 160 is not a big deal.

I'd like to see a subject/theme - but one that is fairly unequivocal (i.e. not some kind of art school esoteric assignment open to infinite interpretation). But I'm open to whatever folk decide.

BTW: if you decide to go B&W, I'd still suggest an ISO400 film speed - but don't have any favorites.