PDA

View Full Version : Camera 6 sign up

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Síle
04-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Ok everyone, Camera 6 is on it's way.. :D

This is the list as it stands at present (alphabetically - it won't be sent out in this order). I have sent a couple of emails to those who haven't responded to PMs but for the most part.. this is it :

Athanasius80
Blackdog
BJazz
Catem
Cdholden
FilmSprocket
Flatulent1
Guissimo
Gr82bart (?)
Jnanian (?)
K_Jupiter
Keithostertag (?)
Largely
Lmn
MartinB
Rst
ShawnRahmen (There IS an opening and I've included you in it!)
Sidearm
Síle
SteveSmith
TheBanana
TimGray
Walter23 (very appropriate being #23 on the list!)

Those with question marks have still to be confirmed.. If there are any other errors and omissions please let me know as soon as you can.
There are also a few shots still free if anyone else wishes to join in.

Tim has very kindly added another disposable camera to the package.. You don't have to shoot it if you don't wish to, but if you would like to take a photo of where the camera was temporarily, or of something other than the theme of "Cornerstones" please feel free to do so with this one. If you don't want to, just stick it back in the box and send it on.. Thanks for all the work in getting this to this stage Tim.

Looking forward to seeing how quickly we can move this one on with or without the added intervention of Pagan rituals!

Síle

k_jupiter
04-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I only have one regret and that is this did not get out of here earlier and no wait, I only have two regrets and that is that there is still no one from Africa, S.America, Asia, and Australia, no wait, I have only three regrets and that is we could not do this with a 5x7 camera, and oh yes, that a fourth regret....

Thanks for managing this Sile.

Regards,

tim in san jose

jaimeb82
04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I am in.

jaimeb82
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
we can send around a 4x5 plate with film, take the picture and replace the negative sheet.

flatulent1
04-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Ahh, I'm looking forward to this, though what I'm going to make of 'cornerstone' is anybody's guess.

How about a Mamiya 645 film back for a future round? It'd be a short round, obviously, unless we used 220. I have a spare back and insert I'd be willing to sacrifice for the cause, though I'd be somewhat less than useful at organizing this sort of thing. :rolleyes:

tiberiustibz
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I would be willing to participate if there's still room.

Síle
04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
The Eagle has landed.. Camera 6 (parts a and b) have arrived safe and sound in Ireland.. (Thanks Tim!)
The final list of those taking part is as follows : -

Athanasius80
Blackdog
BJazz
Catem
Cdholden
FilmSprocket
Flatulent1
Guissimo
Jnanian
K_Jupiter
Largely
Lmn
MartinB
Mooseontheloose
mrmekon
Rst
ShawnRahmen
Sidearm
Síle
SteveSmith
TheBanana
tiberiustibz
TimGray
Walter23

I don't have addresses for Largely, ShawnRahmen, Sidearm and tiberiustibz.
If you could please PM them to me I will post the itinerary and get the camera off straight away..

In the immortal words of Walt Disney : “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”

So on with the doing...

Disclaimer : No pagan chickens have been harmed in the making of this exchange

k_jupiter
04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
In the immortal words of Walt Disney : “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”

So on with the doing...

Disclaimer : No pagan chickens have been harmed in the making of this exchange

A little known fact is that Walt Disney's father worked on the Columbian Exposition of 1893 in Chicago. In part it is believed this is where a lot of the ideas for Disneyland came from.

tim in san jose

Síle
04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
I've completed the address list and planned journey of the Camera - it will go as follows :-

USA
K_Jupiter - USA * Shot taken
Ireland
Síle - Ireland * Camera is here
UK
Blackdog - UK
Catem - UK
SteveSmith - UK
Mainland Europe
Bjazz - Norway
Rst - Germany
Canada
Martin B Canada
TheBanana - Canada
Walter123 - Canada
Mooseontheloose - Canada
USA
ShawnRahmen - USA
Jnanian - USA
Tiberiustibz - USA
TimGray - USA
Cdholden - USA
FilmSprocket - USA
mrmekon - USA
Athanasius80 - USA
Guissimo - USA
Largely - USA
Sidearm - USA
Flatulent1 - USA
Lmn - USA
Ireland
Síle - Ireland - Camera will return here

I plan to get out to take my photo this weekend and have the camera in the post to Blackdog by Monday..

Good luck finding cornerstones everyone and I hope you all enjoy the Round :D

Síle
05-02-2009, 06:02 AM
The Camera and it's journey can now be followed here (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum184/61729-around-world-camera-6-a.html#post792240)..

Enjoy!

Peter de Groot
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
I had a really great idea. only to find out it was already being done for the last 5 years. So I guess I'm too late for the sign up of round 6. Any idea's when round 7 is going to start? I did see a thread about a suggestion for round 7. I'm in the netherlands by the way.

Síle
01-13-2010, 05:51 PM
I had a really great idea. only to find out it was already being done for the last 5 years. So I guess I'm too late for the sign up of round 6. Any idea's when round 7 is going to start? I did see a thread about a suggestion for round 7. I'm in the netherlands by the way.

The camera will be going to Austria before it's return to Ireland.. so if you want to join in, I'm sure there'd be no objections to sending it to the Netherlands first? Just let me know.. and if you're interested.. PM me your address.

By the way.. it was a really great idea ;)

Peter de Groot
01-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Pm send.