PDA

View Full Version : East Cork Get together?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Droog
03-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I could bring a Crown Graphic that I'd like to get around to using. Time is the scarce resource these days! Depending on dates I'd love to come along - I hope it's a date that'll allow us link up with Team Penguin?

Andrew

peterev
03-31-2008, 04:05 AM
[QUOTE=Daragh Regan;609344]Peter,
My speed graphic arrived before the weekend. I'm waiting on a couple of film holders, might be lucky enough to get a couple of grafmatic back on the dreaded auction site over the next couple of days. And then, I'll need to get my hands on some film- it's all new to me, and slightly intimidating.
If you're offloading some infra-red film I'd be interested.

i have a few holders and a changing bag if you would like to borrow them for the trip. infra red on 5x4 can be a little tricky because of the focusing. i shadow focus with a 67 camera and then use a small aperture. let me know if you want the slides etc and i'll sort you out with some film foc when you collect them

fluffy_penguins
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Okay, let me float a date and see how we get on:

May 2 and May 3rd (meet up in a pub Friday night, creamy pints, tall tales, fussing over the penguin; up at dawn for photographing on the Saturday)... home Saturday afternoon?

melball
04-03-2008, 01:54 AM
sounds good to me

Fintan
04-03-2008, 03:07 AM
fussing over the penguin, whatareyalike!!! :D

i think i'm ok with that date, will check tonite.

fluffy_penguins
04-07-2008, 12:25 PM
bumpity bump,

how does that date look?

Fintan
04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
sorry fluffy, i'm only tentative on that date now, if it suits everyone else please dont let me stop ye.

is there any pinhole people here for world pinhole day on april 27th even for an hour or two?

fluffy_penguins
04-08-2008, 02:02 PM
i can only do the morning on world pinhole day, and only if it's close by (have yoga/meditation/breathing class in the afternoon - i think 2pm to 6pm)... but hey, i could be driving by then so i could zoom up and meet you somewhere???

what are you thinking by way of subjects for yr new pinhole?

i am hoping to do some cork landmarks, castles, cathedrals, the river and such

cath

Daragh Regan
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
----i have a few holders and a changing bag if you would like to borrow them for the trip. infra red on 5x4 can be a little tricky because of the focusing. i shadow focus with a 67 camera and then use a small aperture. let me know if you want the slides etc and i'll sort you out with some film foc when you collect them----(Peter)

Peter, thanks for your generous offer- I've got a changing bag, hopefully it'll do the trick (I've a feeling it might be a bit on the small size). I've got one film holder, keep getting pipped at the post for grafmatic holders. I'll rustle up a couple more before this meet, but if I'm up in your neck of the woods I'll take you up on the film, thanks!
Good tip on the focussing- no IR dot on the graphic..

Fintan
04-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I've some film holders that I'm about to advertise for sale Daragh in case you are interested.

Daragh Regan
04-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Fintan,
Just PM'd you re the film holders.
Daragh.

Síle
04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Sorry it took so long to chime in after starting this, but I'm afraid I can't make the weekend of the 2/3 May ..
I had forgotten it's the Bank Holiday weekend and there's no way I can esca.. er get away.

Keep us posted on what's happening and where though?

Síle

melball
04-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Good luck tomorrow Fluffy!...and remember Mirror..Signal..Maneuvre (and don't go flying across any junctions!)

Fintan
04-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Dont forget the short skirt Fluffy !!! ;););)

Droog
04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
I believe the sequence here differs from elsewhere in that the requirement is Mirror... Signal... Mirror... Manoeuvre... That second glance in the mirror being what trips up our overseas test-takers!

In any case, the very best of luck in the test - hope all goes well.

Andrew

fluffy_penguins
04-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys! I'll let you know how it goes!

C.

Síle
04-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Good luck this morning Catherine.. knock 'em dead.. just not literally!

Síle

fluffy_penguins
04-15-2008, 05:00 AM
well... my friends... your children are safe on the roads!

i flunked again.... too many errors to go into, but let me just say when the examiner yells STOP in the middle of your test, you can be pretty sure that you didn't pass! :)

my love affair with irish rail continues...

cath.

Fintan
04-15-2008, 05:08 AM
aagh no fluffy, thats a pity :(

melball
04-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Sorry fluffy....he must have been a very twitchy examiner! See you tonight