PDA

View Full Version : Ron`s Matrix Idea

wildbillbugman
03-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello Ron,
I remember reading a post by you, iether here or on the Dyetransfer Yahoo group, concerning making a pan matrix film by blending three emulsions,all based on Jim Brownings matrix formula. The post mentioned 2 specific dyes.
Now I cannot find the post !
Can you dirrect me to it.
For the time being, I am not trying to make a matrix film.
What I want to do is to make panchro glass plates suitable for in-camera photographs. To this end I want to beginw ith your idea. Other approaches I have considered are dyes from Holography technology and dye systems from the old Lippman process and varriations thereof.
Since attending your workshop last summer, I have been occupied with my Pt and gum images on glass. I have now decided on putting that aside for a while to work on Liberating myself from commercial Film. Emulsion speed is not crucial. Most of my work dose not involve moving subjects.
Regards,
Bill

Kirk Keyes
03-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Off Topic -

Bill - my deepest sympathies in regards to Benazir. At least we still have Paris...

Kirk

Photo Engineer
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
It is in this forum and has some content about panchromatic matrix film in it.

I have about 500 mg left of both dyes needed, but I don't have the information here. Send me an e-mail Bill and I'll give you the info, but the source is Sands Corp. of Titusville Fla.

PE

wildbillbugman
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Ron,
I just found the post, from 07/28/07.
Thanks,
Bill

wildbillbugman
03-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Kirk,
My menories of Benazir will live on. Thanks to my best Pt on glass image to date. As far as Paris,only in my dreams.
Bill