PDA

View Full Version : UK Print Exchange Round 13

Pages : [1] 2

Brian Jeffery
04-07-2008, 03:17 PM
APUG UK Print Exchange Round 13.

I'm a couple of days late I'm afraid, so I think it's about time to start the sign up for round 13 of the UK Print Exchange. If you signed up for round 12 but have not yet received a print can you inform me via PM. Anyone, who hasn't met their round 12 commitment will be excluded from this and future exchanges until they have sent their print.

Exchange rules are as follows:

Please register interest in this thread and send the address you want the print sent to via PM to me (with subject line "UK round 12" please). Interest should be registered by the end of SATURDAY 19th APRIL after which I will place all names in a hat and pick them out at random. I have kept a record of previous rounds matches so I'll try to ensure that people send prints to different people this round.

You will then receive a PM with the address of the person that you should send your print to.

Your details will have been passed to another in the group who should send you a print.

You will not be expected to send a print to the person that sends you one - just to the name and address that you have been provided with.

Rules.
1. Your print must have originated from a film/ in-camera paper negative (eg no digital process at any point please), but any intermediate traditional stages are acceptable .
2. Your print should be on 10x8 paper (or larger if you wish, just dont expect others to send you anything bigger than 10 x 8 ).
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Inkjet prints or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
6. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
7. Enjoy the experience.
8. There is no expectation for critiques or comments to be made, although there is nothing to stop you asking for this if you wish.
9. Failure to honor the agreement and not send a print will result in a strike, 3 strikes and your out. Past failings will be counted.

If you have a spare copy of your print then Simon Galley at Ilford / Harmon Technology would love to see it. I'm sure Simon will put it on the company notice board for everyone to see. Simon's address is:

HARMAN technology Limited,
Town Lane,
Mobberley,
Knutsford,
CHESHIRE.
WA16 7JL

Marked : For the attention of Simon.R.Galley

Brian

Dave Miller
04-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes please Brian, PM sent.

mikeg
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm in. Thanks, Mike

simulatordan
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Me too, please. PM on its way.

Regards Daniel

Jack Lusted
04-08-2008, 03:33 AM
Well, after a house move seven months ago I've finally got my darkroom up and running - so sign me in too.

Jon Butler
04-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Yes please.

Thanks JB

snallan
04-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I'll have a go.

Cheers
Steve

ajmiller
04-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I've just set up a darkroom at home so I'm in too please. PM on its way.

- Tony

GFDarlington
04-09-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm in for another round. Pm sent

Graham

Paul.
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes Please PM sent.

Regards Paul.

Rob Archer
04-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Count me in!

Rob

bwakel
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Count me in please.

Barry

pquser
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
me to please...message already sent

pquser...bob.

Brian Jeffery
04-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Sign up for this exchange has now closed and the draw has been made. The people taking part in this round are:

Brian Jeffery
Dave Miller
mikeg
simulatordan
Jack Lusted
snallan
JON@jb-ci
ajmiller
pquser
GFDarlington
Paul.
Rob Archer
bwakel

You should all have received a PM from me detailing where to send you print. If I've missed you out can you send me a PM so I can rectify the situation.

Deadline

Can we try to get all print to their recipient's by the weekend of the 17/18th May please.

UK Print Exchange Round 12

For those of you who are interested I've included some stats from the last round below:

Participants: 16
Prints sent: 14
% of prints sent: 87.5

Brian

bwakel
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Got mine in the post today as I'm going to be tied up for most of May!

Barry

Dave Miller
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Posted mine at the weekend.

Dave Miller
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I received a moody and evocative print of a northern shore aided by an informative note on it’s background, from bwakel today. Thanks Barry.

Brian Jeffery
04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I got home yesterday to a big bundle of post which amongst other things included a large brown envolope and a Speed Graphic catalogue. Well normally I would be ripping the cellephane wrapping of the catalogue to see what goodies were inside: well that wasn't the case this time I can tell you. I went straight to the envelope as I new it would be one of Dave's prints inside (one advantage or running the exchange). Well what can I say I wasn't disapointed. This is a gorgeous print taken whilst at the last UK APUG meet in Northumberland. The Oriental Seagull paper is looks a great paper; it's a pity it's no longer made :(

If the Rollei ever gets too heavy for you Dave, you know I'll give it a good home ;)

Brian

Jon Butler
05-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Will post my print today.
JON

Dave Miller
05-06-2008, 06:50 AM
I got home yesterday to a big bundle of post which amongst other things included a large brown envolope and a Speed Graphic catalogue. Well normally I would be ripping the cellephane wrapping of the catalogue to see what goodies were inside: well that wasn't the case this time I can tell you. I went straight to the envelope as I new it would be one of Dave's prints inside (one advantage or running the exchange). Well what can I say I wasn't disapointed. This is a gorgeous print taken whilst at the last UK APUG meet in Northumberland. The Oriental Seagull paper is looks a great paper; it's a pity it's no longer made :(

If the Rollei ever gets too heavy for you Dave, you know I'll give it a good home ;)

Brian

Thanks Brian, I shall keep your kind offer of looking after my Rollei in mind. :)