PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting sick of this weather?

mattk
04-12-2008, 10:03 PM
I decided to beat the winter blues by picking up an Orbit 8x10 at National Camera. Waiting for the film and a lens I won on ebay makes the time go by even slower. Sunshine is just around the corner!

thebanana
04-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Matt,

I was in northern Minnesota and in Minneapolis last week. We drove through a blizzard to get back to Sunny Manitoba. Since then, my in-laws in Hibbing have had about 3 feet of wet snow. I can relate to your pain, but don't envy it.;)

zenrhino
04-12-2008, 11:21 PM
It's supposed to be 60ish by Tuesday. Every year, I get more and more tired of Minnesota winter. =P

I'm surprised anyone ever buys anything at NatCam. I can't get the guys upstairs to even give me the time of day -- I mean I get better customer service from American Airlines -- let alone any cogent advice on camera gear and the downstairs is choked with soccermoms trying to figure out which digital camera pixelpeeps the best.

ricksplace
04-13-2008, 07:58 AM
*&$#@*# weather! High winds and blowing snow on Friday shut down the city busses until noon. Got my car stuck in the driveway out at the lake. 1hour of shoveling didn't improve my mood any. It's great to be a northerner...

jovo
04-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Had you been in NYC yesterday, you'd have been in a T shirt and shorts...temps in the mid 70s and golden sunshine...plus the park is in full bloom. Ah...the industrial northeast! :rolleyes:

Erik Hartmann
04-13-2008, 08:54 AM
AND the spring-time is comming her in Denmark.....

KWhitmore
04-13-2008, 09:53 AM
It's snowing here right now...curses!!!

Erik Hartmann
04-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Somebody told me that it is winter 8 month in Canada (except BC)..... So take it or move to the Philippines... Where it is summer all year (and a little rain from time to time)

middy
04-13-2008, 10:17 AM
The weather is great here in Texas... the days between the tornadoes, floods and hail are 70s and sunny. :)

arigram
04-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Here in Crete, we have the exact opposite weather and its not particularly normal or pleasant either:
extreme heat, humidity and southern winds with dust from Africa create an atmosphere that drains
every bit of energy you have and forces you to stay indoors and lay like a lethargic zombie.
Its not pleasant I can assure you. And not exactly normal for this time of year either.

rusty_tripod
04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
You bet! We are getting too close to 115 degrees far too soon.

Andrew Moxom
04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Minnesota supports Global warming!

Dave Swinnard
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Saturday in Vancouver (BC) was sunny and warm (24C in Coquitlam). The entire neighbourhood was busy in gardens, cutting grass, and rejoicing in the fact that sun does still exist. It's amazing that a single day of sunshine and warmth (on a Saturday no less!) can make us forget the previous eight months of dreary grey skies, rain, and this year, snow. Life is great again!

Today, Sunday, it's raining, grey and dreary again. Spring in Vancouver happended yesterday, now we're looking forward to summer. I think this year, it's scheduled for a Tuesday in late July or early August. It must be a darkroom day...

Shmoo
04-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Geeeee, I really get tired of sunny mid-80 degree weather...NOT!

Mike Crawford
04-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Over in the UK it's totally erratic. This morning, bright sunshine. Then a train out of London to visit a friend's exhibition opening in a country village. We were worried because as soon as the train crossed the Thames, the heaven's opened and a big storm drenched the south of England. By the time we get there, it is a beautiful spring day. Later, a walk in the afternoon, but we turn back to the gallery when the sudden attack of hail stones actually start to hurt! An hour later, everyone is back in shirt sleeves and a few sunglasses are out. Martin Parr's first book was a black and white celebration of how crap our weather is. Hopefully this long link works:
http://www.magnumphotos.com/Archive/C.aspx?VP=Mod_ViewBoxInsertion.ViewBoxInsertion_VP age&R=29YL53GUHDY&RP=Mod_ViewBox.ViewBoxThumb_VPage&CT=Album&SP=Album

Cheers
Mike

johnnywalker
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Most unusual. "What do you call the day after two days of rain in Vancouver"? "Monday".

Or, to describe the weather in northern British Columbia, "Eleven months of snow and one month of bad sledding".

Saturday in Vancouver (BC) was sunny and warm (24C in Coquitlam). The entire neighbourhood was busy in gardens, cutting grass, and rejoicing in the fact that sun does still exist. It's amazing that a single day of sunshine and warmth (on a Saturday no less!) can make us forget the previous eight months of dreary grey skies, rain, and this year, snow. Life is great again!

Today, Sunday, it's raining, grey and dreary again. Spring in Vancouver happended yesterday, now we're looking forward to summer. I think this year, it's scheduled for a Tuesday in late July or early August. It must be a darkroom day...

BobbyR
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Myself, I think this is the best winter and spring we have had for at least ten years.
Puts planting back a few weeks but I have no lover for eighty much less ninety degree weather.
Bobby

Wayne
05-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I just got back from a month in the desert. You'd think late April would be safe, but I got home to snow and bitter winds. I was sick of it even before I left....

Wayne