PDA

View Full Version : The Irish are invading Canada

Pages : 1 [2]

fluffy_penguins
04-17-2008, 03:30 AM
hey guys, i'm signed up for this year (will be in canada, anyhow) and promise to report back on the festivities. if it's as fun as it sounds, i hope to go next year, too. i will probably be living back in canada by then - for part of the year at least - so the penguin pad will also be available for visitors on either end of your trip.
cath

Fintan
04-17-2008, 06:30 AM
hey i didnt realise you were returning to Canada, we'll have to give you some serious analog sendoff

Fintan
04-17-2008, 06:32 AM
OK Brian and Daniel, we'll try this Canadian Beer but we gotta have a Plan B you know :)

Brian Gatien
04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Fintan;
Plan B: more Canadian Beer
Plan C: Canadian Whisky (not to be confused with the American whiskey)
Plan D: surrender to the imported
Brian

Fintan
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Fintan;
Plan B: more Canadian Beer
Plan C: Canadian Whisky (not to be confused with the American whiskey)
Plan D: surrender to the imported
Brian

I'll go with Plan G then :D:D

Brian Gatien
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I presume Plan G means returning to the Guinness. No need to import, lots here already, although we will have to double quantities and start stockpiling now if McLean is involved. It will be great to have a good sized Irish contingent next year and Catherine can be your trailblazer this year. Keep planning on coming and it will happen.
Brian

fluffy_penguins
04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
hey fintan, i dunno exactly when i'm going back, but will be in canada for a visit with friends in august 2008 as well as back again at the end of october. kind of depends how things go this summer here in cork, getting the all clear from the doc, etc.

i miss snow. but i don't miss freezing rain and the yucky slushy springs. might do a 9 months there, 3 months in ireland kind of thing depending on work..... stay tuned!

Fintan
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
well I hope you get to do what you want. but you'd be missed if you go back and you know our share price in FPWorkshops would just nose-dive :D:D

i can understand you missing the snow, i think ireland has got too mild weathered. i prefer the cold.

can you tell me, who do you fly with or your penguin wings able to manage the trip?

dferrie
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
can you tell me, who do you fly with or your penguin wings able to manage the trip?

Just found out how Fluffy got here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

melball
04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Hahahahahaha...very funny except my boss walked in just as I was watching it and lurked behind me while I giggled like a lunatic...(I had earphone son so didn't hear the lurking)