PDA

View Full Version : The Irish are invading Canada

Pages : [1] 2

Fintan
04-16-2008, 04:58 AM
OK then for any of you wondering what in the hell is this thread about, I refer you to this thread.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum162/46880-brits-americans-invading-canada.html

The rest of you may have wept uncontrollably with the sinking feeling that us Irish ainít invading anywhere anytime soon :D:rolleyes::D

So anyway the good news is Bob Carnie has said that this will run again in 2009. Iím goanna move heaven and earth to go, Iíve got the thumbs up from my wife. If we got a group going from Ireland it would make things easier and cheaper. Easier to justify to partners and spouses. Etc etc.

Any takers?

thefizz
04-16-2008, 05:14 AM
My wouth is watering already :munch:

dferrie
04-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Fintan,

Les was talking about this when he was over last month, it's oh so tempting ....

David

melball
04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Sounds soooo tempting. I can't do this year (unless I win the lotto tonight) but will have to save up for next year. The man can go fishing while I go shooting.

Dinesh
04-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Please come, one and all. :)

Bob Carnie
04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
And what fishing there is ,,, small boats, special spots and pan fried large mouth bass. can't get any better.

Sounds soooo tempting. I can't do this year (unless I win the lotto tonight) but will have to save up for next year. The man can go fishing while I go shooting.

Daniel Grenier
04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
And what fishing there is ,,, small boats, special spots and pan fried large mouth bass. can't get any better.

Indeed. I live just a few miles from there and can attest to that. But bring your "long johns" as nights get cool and morning fishing (or photographing) can be downright frigid at that time of year. Hopefully the fall colors will still be in their glory and if it's anything like this past fall, you're in for a real treat.

bill schwab
04-16-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm up for wetting a line! Count me in on some fishing as well.

thefizz
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Dinesh can be in charge of the beer :rolleyes:

Fintan
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
This is excellent. I had a text from Sile, she is very interested too and will post later.

Les McLean
04-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Dinesh can be in charge of the beer :rolleyes:

He certainly CAN NOT he will drink it all :mad::D

Fintan
04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Is there draught Guinness in that neck of the woods Les?

melball
04-16-2008, 10:42 AM
right that's it then phishing and fotography....we can just mix them up and see what happens

melball
04-16-2008, 10:43 AM
we may have to import the Guinness specially... better start planning now

thefizz
04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
He certainly CAN NOT he will drink it all :mad::D

Actually I've seen Dinesh in action and its safe to say there will be plenty of beer left for the rest of us. Then again, if McLean is around, there could be a shortage :D

Fintan
04-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Actually I've seen Dinesh in action and its safe to say there will be plenty of beer left for the rest of us. Then again, if McLean is around, there could be a shortage :D

Listen to the wee man talk, we'll see what you are like after 6? days on the razz and with jetlag.

Dinesh get in training, you got 18 months before you can shut this dude up for good.

Dinesh
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Actually I've seen Dinesh in action and its safe to say there will be plenty of beer left for the rest of us. ..:D

What can I say, I put on a pretty poor show in Dublin. Peter, come to Canada and I'll give it another go!

Dinesh get in training, you got 18 months before you can shut this dude up for good.

I'm starting as I type. :p

Daniel Grenier
04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
we may have to import the Guinness specially... better start planning now

No need. There's PLENTY of Guiness in these parts. However, once you try Canadian beer, you'll be wanting to take some back with you to Ireland.

By the way, here's a bit of history on Black Donald Lake where lots of Irish folk worked as this whole area was largely settled by the Irish in the mid-late 1800s.

http://www.townshipofgreatermadawaska.com/PDF/Black%20Donald%20Mines(1).pdf

SŪle
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
I think if I start dropping it into casual conversation from now.. I should be good for Autumn next year... :D

I am definitely on for this!

And boys please stop fighting over the beer.. There's plenty to go round.. Although theFizz is no lightweight when it comes to the Guinness, it's the strong stuff we need to keep away from Mr Mc Lean...

SŪle

P.s. The SSTT (send SŪle to Toronto) fund has officially opened..

Brian Gatien
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
There was barely enough Guinness on the reconnaissance trip with Les earlier this year; however, he did bring along some weird stuff to help with the mornings after the Bushmills.
Brian