PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 8 - Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

BWKate
08-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I have a postcard of jbannow's image of the trees and ferns and it is a beaut!!!

mikeg
08-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Still no print yet!

Mike

gr82bart
08-30-2008, 07:46 AM
So, I have received a treasure trove of prints from BWKate. I'm just in awe. Let's see ...

First one's a 'landscape, though there's a couple in it, taken on Lucky100 film bought in China and the scene is in China too. Really soft tones; just the right amount of warm too.
Then I have Stairs at Moon Hill, China. I really like this print. I like the dark tones and the composition. The print is gorgeous.
Now I like images like the next one - a couple shiny snail shells in a some kind of metal bowl or something. It's so well printed.
Talk about a sweet deal! Kate's got to be one of my favourite photographer's and printers. Her images and prints are amazing. Thanks Kate.

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
08-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi Guys,

OK. Here's an update. Here are the remaining exchanges to be performed. The first name is the sender.

Astroclimb ---> Akki14 [edit]I made a mistake in the original message
Snallan ---> gphoto120
Justin Silber ---> mikeg - I believe Justin sent his print, did you get it yet?

Please update this thread. If you haven't sent a print, please send one or send the print you received instead.

Regards, Art.

Removed Account
08-31-2008, 02:11 AM
I received Vet173s print a long ways back, a beautiful 8x10 contact on Azo and toned with tea. I don't mind sending more prints out if they haven't been received yet.

- Justin

mikeg
09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Justin/Art,

Sorry, no I never did receive Justin's print. Did you send it surface mail as that can take several months -- once, one print took 3 months.

Cheers

Mike

Akki14
09-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Now I'm confused. But still no print.

gphoto120
09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I haven't received a print as of 9/9. Maybe slow postal service........
Thanks
GP

Removed Account
09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
No worries Mike, I get paid tomorrow so can send another air-mail. I must have made a goof-up somewhere along the way since nobody in my group exchange has gotten a print of mine either, and I haven't received any of theirs!

BWKate
09-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Justin,
When you sent your print did you put a Customs Sticker on the outside of the package saying it had no commercial value? That happened to me when I sent a print to Italy and forgot to put a sticker on the outside. You have to have that notice for customs otherwise your print might be delayed in their office forever! I have sent prints all over the world and that one to Italy was the only one that never made it to its destination.

BWKate
09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Art,

Thank you so much for your very generous comments on the photos you received! That makes my day especially after some rejection from a local art show that doesn't seem to like my black and white photos.
I think I'll concentrate on more world wide submissions from now on. They seem to like my stuff better than my local city.
I'm glad you like your prints, Art! Postcards are finally on their way!

gr82bart
09-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Out of the dozen or something print exchange prints I have got so far, this is the one I like the best. For once my wife agrees with me. It will soon hit the wall.Wow Matti,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad the ambrotype arrived in one piece!

Regards, Art.