PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 14 Sign Up

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

AdamKap
05-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm in again for max. Same address as the last couple rounds.

MattKing
05-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm in for 24 again. Missing the last round was just too frustrating, watching everyone having all that fun.

I'll PM a new adress soon.

Matt

johnnywalker
05-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I'd like to try this, so please count me in for 30. I'll pm you my address.

kraker
05-02-2008, 04:49 AM
Cheek!
Something like:

TW12 3AB,
UK.

will get there. The postcode usually narrows an address down to a half-dozen houses in the same street.

On the other hand some people do prefer:

Mr. Fred Pimplelick Esq.
27 Fruttocking Bowers Lane,
Nether Winkleache,
Bludgington,
The West Riding of Yorkshire,
LUV5 8APS,
Engand,
The United Kingdom.

Thanks for the explanation, Bob. I always had a feeling that some of the information was redundant, at least from the Royal Mail's point of view. Then again, the long address is so nice, with all the ~shires, ~tons, ~burroughs, etc. etc. "Rumpletweezer ran the Dinky Tinky shop in the foot of the magic oak tree by the wobbly dum dum bush in the shade of the magic glade down in Dingley Dell." ;)

Adrian D
05-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Hello all, I'm new to this great site, but not to analogue photography! Very much enjoying both. What is the postcard round please, and how can I get involved? sounds like fun...

Cheers
Adrian in the uk

rst
05-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Hello all, I'm new to this great site, but not to analogue photography! Very much enjoying both. What is the postcard round please, and how can I get involved? sounds like fun...
Hi Adrian,

you can find an explanation here (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction-schedules.html#post290856).

To get involved you should choose the maximum number of postcards you are going to send and then send a PM to me with your address and that number.

Then early June you will get a PM with a list of addresses and you send one of your postcards to every address on that list. You should get back a postcard from everyone on your list. So you will send postcards to and receive postcards from all over the world. It does not only sound like fun ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

Pete H
05-02-2008, 06:09 AM
Sigh! I'm moving house in June and don't have any guarantee of the dark room being ready. I'll sit this one out.

Have fun!
Peter H

Tim Gray
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm in. To the limit. fhqwhgads.

drpsilver
05-02-2008, 04:49 PM
02 May 2008

Ruediger:

I am in for the max again this round. My address is unchanged for Round 13. Any questions please PM.

Regards,
Darwin

bdial
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Ruediger;
I'm in. I'll try the whole enchilada this time.
(that is, the maximum).

rst
05-03-2008, 05:52 AM
I'm in. To the limit. fhqwhgads.Everybody to the limit.

ciao
-- Ruediger

rst
05-03-2008, 06:02 AM
We hit 30. And here is the current list:

AdamKap
bdial
Bob F.
BWKate
Cara
drpsilver
Eric Mac
gordrob
gr82bart
hermit
jbannow
Jon King
jonnywalker
kraker
Mark Fisher
MattKing
Mick Fagan
Mike Wilde
mooseontheloose
PepMiro
PVia
Rlibersky
Rob Skeoch
rst
rwyoung
Sly
Síle
Tim Gray
tlsid
wazza

ciao
-- Ruediger

Tim Gray
05-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm a little scared we've already hit 30 on day 3 of the signup :)

BirgerA
05-05-2008, 03:55 AM
I'm in for the max again, address as before.

Regards

Birger A.

Black Dog
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Sign me up again for the maximum-same address as last round.

tim_walls
05-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Sigh; I'm going to sit this one out - I've still got one or two from the last round I haven't sent out yet; I had understimated the pain and time cost of buying a house. Hopefully by the time the next round comes up I'll have built my darkroom (:D) in the new place and be ready to re-join.

Oh, for those curious: The definitive guide to UK addresses. (http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/postal.html#uk) As it says - "where to find the most confusing addresses on Earth..." (I've used that resource before when designing databases for the day job.)

Buster6X6
05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
rst count me in for 50 again. I am still waiting for 11 cards.
Thanks Art for late arrival.Great night shot of old city hall in Toronto. Better late than never :). this has been a great round and with new people joining in makes next round even more appealing.
Thanks Ruediger for organizing new round.

Cheers Greg

david b
05-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Count me in.

I've got a brand new box of Ilford postcard paper.

I'll do 50

k_jupiter
05-06-2008, 02:20 AM
I see many of the same faces. The signup for Round 6 of "Let's all Shoot one Camera" has been lagging, partially because my Butt has been kicked for the last three weeks at work, partly because my attention has been dragged away by a new (to me) 8x10, partly because ????

Take a look at the sign up for Round 6 and see if it interests you. Round 4 has just completed, Round 5 is stuck at the Canadian border (Where the heck is NAFTA when you need it?). We do have a good solid group of regulars and new blood, new vision, is always appreciated.

tim in san jose

P.S. I do like your group.

KingJon
05-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Ruediger,
Please count me in for my usual 25.....PM sent...
Thanks,
Jon