PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 14 Sign Up

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

rst
05-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Ha ha, the funniest spam I ever saw. But you forgot to tell us about how many postcards you are going to send ;) And I need your address too.

Hey and btw, the one camera project is fun, I was myself in two rounds (2 and 4). Hmmm, then it is time for round 6 ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

... Take a look at the sign up for Round 6 and see if it interests you. Round 4 has just completed, Round 5 is stuck at the Canadian border (Where the heck is NAFTA when you need it?). We do have a good solid group of regulars and new blood, new vision, is always appreciated.

Lynda
05-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I would like to sign up for round 14 please, my cards from round 13 will be in the mail this Saturday, sorry the 18 credits I am taking was just too much this semster.
Lynda

Allen Friday
05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Now that I (finally) sent my cards for round 13, I guess it's okay to sign up for the next round.

Count me in for the max. Same address.

Allen

BWKate
05-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Can't wait to see your postcards, Lynda and Allen! Thanks for posting that you sent them.

rst
05-13-2008, 03:54 AM
So we reached 42 participants and here is the updated list, please check.

AdamKap
Adrian D
Allen Friday
bdial
BirgerA
Black Dog
Bob F.
Buster6X6
BWKate
Cara
crispinuk
david b
drpsilver
Eric Mac
gordrob
gr82bart
hermit
jbannow
Jon King
jonnywalker
KingJon
kraker
Lynda
Mark Fisher
MattKing
Mick Fagan
Mike Wilde
mooseontheloose
PepMiro
Peter Schrager
PVia
realitysandwich
Rlibersky
Rob Skeoch
rst
rwyoung
Simplicius
Sly
Síle
Tim Gray
tlsid
wazza

ciao
-- Ruediger

Mike Wilde
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Are we crying out to see other parts of the world, now that air fares with fuel surcharges are going to price themselves out of reach?

Are we overly patronizing of Canada Post, who gives us no cut in price for mailing a postcard?

Any other random reasons?

I look over the list and from past postings and names I recognise see at least 6 out of the 42 are from Canada.

It seems that we are a little over represented here, even if the population we are drawing from is just the mostly English speaking first and second world populations.

BWKate
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
When I first started in Round #5 there was only a couple of us joining in the exchange but it's so much fun! (and addictive) And yes it is a little pricey. That's why you limit yourself to 20 or 30 cards to keep the costs somewhat lower.
And yes, it is pretty cool to get a postcard from Australia, Andorra, Norway, Germany, and England.

rst
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Are we crying out to see other parts of the world, now that air fares with fuel surcharges are going to price themselves out of reach?

Are we overly patronizing of Canada Post, who gives us no cut in price for mailing a postcard?

Any other random reasons?

I look over the list and from past postings and names I recognise see at least 6 out of the 42 are from Canada.

It seems that we are a little over represented here, even if the population we are drawing from is just the mostly English speaking first and second world populations.At the moment there are 21 participants from the US, 9 from Canada and 3 from the UK, the rest of 9 participants comes from Australia, Andorra, Ireland, France, Norway, The Netherlands and Germany. I think there were more people from the UK once.

ciao
-- Ruediger

rwyoung
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
I know my last two lists were "foreign" heavy. I had more postcards heading overseas than staying in North America. Just the way the numbers randomize! :)

mikeg
05-13-2008, 03:13 PM
So we reached 42 participants and here is the updated list, please check.

Hi Ruediger,

Looks like you've rejected my extremely long address!

Can you sign me up for 40 please?

Cheers

Mike

BWKate
05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Mike, your address is my personal favourite! I love telling people that I'm sending a postcard there!

Right now at the non profit artist run center that I belong they are having a very interesting postcard show by two of our members. www.xchangesgallery.org

k_jupiter
05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Ruediger,

Thank you for patronizing my little group activity. In return I will sign up for 20 postcards.

tim in san jose
organizer "Let's all Shoot one camera Round 6 "

rst
05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
... Looks like you've rejected my extremely long address!Oh no, I just removed your name from the list for a moment to hit 42. Just because 42 is nicer than 43, even though 43 would have been prime ;)

That was my fault, you are on the list now.

ciao
-- Ruediger

PS: And I am with Kate regarding your address :)

rst
05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
... In return I will sign up for 20 postcards.
That's great Tim, do not forget to send me a PM with your address.

ciao
-- Ruediger

Anke Drewitz
05-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Please count me in for 30 cards from germany to the world!

Anke

Mick Fagan
05-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Well there was one round where I sent every single card overseas, not cheap, but that's the way it is.

Once I think there were four from Australia, generally there are a couple to three.

This means I get cards predominately from overseas which is great.

I have just noted that there is a new town in Germany listed, where possible cards may come from, Jena.

Great place, it has one of the nicest technical photographic museums, I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

That is the reason, I think this is a wonderful exchange!

Mick.

Buster6X6
05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Today I received another card from Allen FridayThe boulders from New Zealand. Wonderful tones and resolution. Very nice film Allan. Beautiful vista.

Greg

ozphoto
05-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Count me in for 30 cards again, this round. Will be back from this achingly long photo shoot in Japan, with just enough time to print and post (5 days) before another long shoot in the US.

Cheers from Down Under.
Nanette

Black Dog
05-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Canadians, eh?:D

BWKate
05-15-2008, 11:19 AM
There's hardly any of us here on Apug, eh!