PDA

View Full Version : Future visit to NZ

liza
05-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi!
My son is since a week now permanently living in New Zealand on North Shore with his (hopefully) wife to be. After 5 years in Sweden Alana got homesick and they decided to move to nicer climate. Wish I could do the same.
Well, they both have asked me to visit and suggested that I at the same time had an exhibition if itīs possible. They asked me to try to find out some Gallery / ies that they can visit and show some of my pics to see if there would be someone interested.

What I found on Internet is that NZ galleries mostly is interested in NZ artwork or international mega-artists. I donīt meet any of these criterias.

So, the best place to ask where to start would absolutely be here ...

My personal interest is not just galleries but also small artshops, coffehouses with artdispay or local foto/artsociety on both South and North Island where I can visit and have a weekendexhibition or evening. I donīt know how things work at NZ so various suggestions is most appreciated.

Planning now but it will take at least 2 years before itīs actual.

All the best
Eva "liza" Lundh

ericdm@xtra.co.nz
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi "Liza"
Probably your best bet here in NZ is to contact the Photographic Society of NZ, they have groups all over the country. Try www.photography.org.nz I am sure they will be able to put you on to someone who can help. By the way come prepared to shoot your heart out, this country is not called 'Godsown' for nothing!
Yours Aye
Eric Miller.

Sean
05-25-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't have much to add sorry, just wanted to say I live on the shore too, it's a great place to live! :)

liza
05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
The link was very useful indeed, thanks Eric. Iīd better make a nice presentation to send out to all the societies.
Sean, yeah, they have no intention of leaving that area. Iīm Really interested to find out why itīs so...... myself :)
Eva

Unplugged
10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Liz,

I provid foto tours for professionals visiting NZ and I am based in Queenstown, Central Otago. I have a solo Exhibition at Amisfield Winery.
To get an exhibition in NZ isn't the easiest thing to do quickly.

What you could do is have an outdoor at one of the Saturday markets which happen all over NZ.

Cheers,
Allan
www.allalnjohnston.co.nz

Hi!
My son is since a week now permanently living in New Zealand on North Shore with his (hopefully) wife to be. After 5 years in Sweden Alana got homesick and they decided to move to nicer climate. Wish I could do the same.
Well, they both have asked me to visit and suggested that I at the same time had an exhibition if itīs possible. They asked me to try to find out some Gallery / ies that they can visit and show some of my pics to see if there would be someone interested.

What I found on Internet is that NZ galleries mostly is interested in NZ artwork or international mega-artists. I donīt meet any of these criterias.

So, the best place to ask where to start would absolutely be here ...

My personal interest is not just galleries but also small artshops, coffehouses with artdispay or local foto/artsociety on both South and North Island where I can visit and have a weekendexhibition or evening. I donīt know how things work at NZ so various suggestions is most appreciated.

Planning now but it will take at least 2 years before itīs actual.

All the best
Eva "liza" Lundh