PDA

View Full Version : Got an FS Mirror Source?

jolefler
05-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I need to replace one in my newly aquired Rolleiflex Standard. The suppliers I've found need to sell me enough material for 20-30 of them. I don't really want to go into mirror retailing, just get one and perhaps a spare.

Maybe a Rollei buff here can tell me if the replacement mirrors offered on the *Bay for later models will fit the older Standards. My old mirror measures
48mm and 28mm on the parallel sides, the distance between those sides is
54mm, and the two converging sides are 55mm. It seems to be 1mm or so thick. Thanks in advance for the help!

Jo

DBP
05-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Best bet is normally Edmund Optical. I have also heard the suggestion that the cheaper Polaroid integral film cameras are good sources.

Ian Grant
05-17-2008, 01:21 PM
There was a post about Rollei mirrors a few months ago, they were remarkably inexpensive. Someone should be able to post the link, it WASN'T Edmund Optical.

Try a Forum search.

Ian

Murray@uptowngallery
05-17-2008, 01:28 PM
1) Surplus Shed had some Eastman Kodak ones for a couple dollars, but even with a flat rate ship fee of only $5, you might want to find some other intriguing item there. You still have to cut it.

2) Local thrift store: Polaroid 600 series cameras have a trapezoidal mirror that, I'm guessing, is roughly a 3"x4" trapezoid. The Polaroid Instant sticker-sized camera (about 2"x2"x8") has one about 1"x1.5". No shipping fee there.

Murray

Ian Grant
05-17-2008, 01:34 PM
The mirrors mentioned were the proper Rollei mirrors

Ian