PDA

View Full Version : APUG UK Print Exchange Round 14

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Miller
06-21-2008, 03:01 AM
I’ve just received a print from pquser that perfectly illustrates just what fine prints can be made on R/C paper, it’s a magnificent study of a everyday subject, a vase of flowers and a teapot. Super detail and tonal range throughout. My wife is very impressed, and she’s the hardest critic I know. My offering will be posted later this morning Bob, I fear that it won’t measure up to the standard that you have set.

Paul.
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I am struggleing to get my print out at the moment. Have exam Thursday so hopefuly will be able to get into the darkroom Friday provided I pass, if not the resit is next week so no darkroom this weekend.

Should of started earlier, both printing and reviseing. Why does life interfear with my plans?

Regards Paul.

pquser
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Recieved a wonderfull print from Dave Miller

He had used Infra red film to capture a rocky stream in Derbyshire and the tonality of the print is superb. The print was made on Kentmere fibre paper gloss finish un glazed.:)

I intend to mount and frame this, and display by my PC desk.

thanks dave !

Steve Smith
06-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Sent mine this morning.

Steve.

Brian Jeffery
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
My print will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Brian

Brian Jeffery
06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Just to let everyone know, I won't be able to start the sign up for the next round of the print exchange until the weekend 12th/13th July,

Brian

Jack Lusted
07-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Print sent today.

Jack

Dave Miller
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Your print arrived to day Graham. A graphic, high contrast study of the stone barns of the Yorkshire Dales in winter. Works well.

Rob Archer
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Just recieved a fascinating pair(!) of fascinating and excellent prints from Steve Smith . Taken on the Isle of Wight with a vintage camera and Printed on a rather obscure but lovely paper.

Thanks

Rob

Steve Smith
07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks. They are the most recent two in my gallery if anyone wants to look.

Steve.

Steve Smith
07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I received an interesting print from Brian Jeffery today. Taken in a London market, it shows a young man operating a meat slicing machine whilst being distracted by a woman at the counter. As a guitarist, I don't want to even think about finger slicing!

Thanks.

Steve.

tlsid
07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
for those that are waiting for my card, they were just mailed.

GFDarlington
07-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Received a print from Jack yesterday. A lovely shot of a small, round, domed pavillion by water on an estate in West Sussex. A pleasure to recieve and interesting to read the processing information and discover how certain paper/chemical combinations can give a warm tone and nice deep blacks.

Graham

Black Dog
07-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Sent mine out saturday.

simulatordan
07-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Received print from Black Dog this morning. A very nice abstract on a paper I've never seen before.

Thanks very much.

Regards Daniel

Black Dog
07-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks-Art Classic was a nice paper in its time-could be great with the right subject [like the old fireplace I photographed here].

UKJohn
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
My apologies but I've had a very interesting Infrared Print of a stone circle on Calanais, Outer Herbrides from Dave Miller for a couple of weeks now but not had time (poor excuse I know!) to confirm receipt of its arrival. So thank you Dave for another great print. Infrared film is something i've never tried, I do like the aesthetic it gives, in this case it imparts a mystical and haunting atmosphere to the scene and works very well, the objective of injecting some mood into an otherwise bland landscape has definately been achieved.

Also my print has been done and will be in the post by Friday.

Brian Jeffery
07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Well I've been away in Budapest for 8 days, and although I've been back for a few days now I've not really felt up to placing any posts as I've either been developing film or simply recovering. Anyway, on Saturday I've received not one but two fabulous prints from Paul: I especially like the picture of the rose.

Good work Paul, and I appreciate the effort,

Brian

Brian Jeffery
07-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I've started the sign up to round 15 here (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/52287-apug-uk-print-exchange-round-15-a.html#post654315).

Can you please send me a PM if you are yet to receive a print from this round.

Brian