PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 14 Results and Feedback ...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

david b
06-17-2008, 02:01 AM
I just finished addressing my post cards. My hand is killing me.

I printed all 50 today. Went easier than I thought.

Will be mailing them all tomorrow.

2F/2F
06-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Will be printing the pix in the next few days and sending probably next week. Sorry for the delay! Hell of a past few weeks, but it's OVER, and now I can focus on this. :)

Cara
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I received a postcard from DRPSILVER yesterday. Beautiful texture and contrast. Thank you.

drpsilver
06-17-2008, 11:20 AM
17 June 2008

Cara:

I am glad you like the card. I like to make photographs that "have a story to tell".

I like the photography on your card. It gives me the sense of beginning a journey, going to new places. You have already answered the question that immediately came to mind, "What blue toner did you use?" Thanks for the card.

Regards,
Darwin

MattKing
06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Will be printing the pix in the next few days and sending probably next week. Sorry for the delay! Hell of a past few weeks, but it's OVER, and now I can focus on this. :)

Has there been a delay? Am I late (for Round 14), without even knowing it? ;)

Matt

david b
06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I just sent all of my cards out. Hope you all like it.

sly
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
No you're not late. Some members are just eager beavers.
I have recieved 2 postcards so far - Rachelle's and Johnny Walker's. I look forward to my relationship with the mailbox being very different and exciting this summer.
Am working on mine, but I won't make promises about when they will be in the mail.

Síle
06-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Received Darwin's "Look into the past" today and I love it.. so very simple, yet beautiful and with so many stories in that one frame.

Thank you!

Síle

david b
06-17-2008, 01:06 PM
No eager beaver here.

I am going to be away from June 23 to July 4 and did not want to have that sitting on my head.

I will have plenty to print when I get back as I have a few portrait sessions scheduled in NYC next week.

BirgerA
06-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello again.

I received Johnny Walkers boatbuilder yesterday and Adrian Dears Steam Fair today.

I'll try not to be late this round, but I am leaving my current job by the end of next week, and there seems to be an endless list of things that has to be done by me before I leave.

Birger A.

Buster6X6
06-18-2008, 09:59 PM
This round brought a lot of new blood to the mix, nice. I already got four post cards,wow. Three cards received yesterday. Cara's Very nice dream like image, it would be interesting to know how you arrived at the final print.
Same with Johnny Walker's "Boat builder" it would be nice to know camera ,film , developer also paper and developer.It is very expressive image representing a craft and workmanship. Well printed. Last but not least" Jug in the cabinet" drpsilver Well balanced image with the dark back ground. Really well done.
I am going to print mine post cards this weekend. To busy at work.

Cheers Greg

rst
06-19-2008, 12:26 AM
I received Darwins postcard yesterday. I like it a lot. It has the potential to be one of my favorites for this round, but who knows what is going to come ...

I printed my postcards yesterday evening. Labeling and writing for the weekend, so they will go out on Monday.

ciao
-- Ruediger

Anke Drewitz
06-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Got the next three cards from Adrian, JohnnyWalker and Darwin, thanks a lot for these nice ones.
Going to work on my cards at coming weekend.

Anke

BWKate
06-19-2008, 03:14 AM
Half of mine are printed and need to spend some more quality time in the darkroom. Received drpsilver's postcard today. Well seen and printed. Good reminder to be open to wandering with a camera! This round I decided to try something a little different. We'll see how it is received.

PVia
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Just finishing up my printing this afternoon...

Recv'd Darwin's jug-and-cupboard, beautiful tones, nice find...!

Also, Warren's Big Top came today...very, very nice. So simple, yet so effective...something you wouldn't ordinarily think of shooting, works great and a nice abstraction as well!

drpsilver
06-20-2008, 12:13 AM
19 June 2008

Sile, Buster6x6, rst, Anke Drewitz, BWKate, and PVia:

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you like the image. Most of my photography is done while I am "wandering with a camera". It makes photographing more fun and less work. I like it that way!

Regards,
Darwin

rst
06-20-2008, 12:50 AM
I got Adrians Steam Fair XL card yesterday. Yes! Very well diagonal composition with sharp parts and parts with motion blurr, blacks and whites and nice tones in between. I like it. Thanks.

sly
06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
3 more cards recieved - Cara's interesting blue-toned image, Adrian D's street scene - makes me eager to get back to the UK as soon as possible, and DRP silver's image of a jug on an abandoned window ledge - it would be a good entry into the MSA too.
My cards got posted today - it went more quickly than I expected. Once I had the exposure figured, it was just repititious.

drpsilver
06-21-2008, 03:22 PM
... DRP silver's image of a jug on an abandoned window ledge - it would be a good entry into the MSA too.

21 June 2008

sly:

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you like the image. A am not sure what you mean by "a good entry into the MSA".

Regards,
Darwin

sly
06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
The monthly shooting assignment - a friendly "competition" here on APUG where you shoot for a chosen topic. Just go down the forum list to find it. The current one is "deteriortion". The winner gets to pick a topic for a future MSA. It's always interesting to see what other people come up with.