PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 14 Results and Feedback ...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

rst
06-02-2008, 04:16 AM
Hi all,

Let us collect comments, feedback and everything else belonging to the postcard exchange 14 in this thread, now that sign up is over.

Again I want to thank all participants for participation - Thanks! And I am looking forward to the postcards from the many members I already have the feeling to know them very well and also to the postcards from people who joined for the first time.

And a special thanks in advance to Ole who will do the sticky trick for this thread again (PM sent) - Thanks!

Have fun and ciao
-- Ruediger

Ole
06-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Stickified. :)

rst
06-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Thanks Ole, that was instantaneous.

-- Ruediger

MattKing
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Would it be possible to put a link to the post with all the participants' names into the first post in this thread? When I get my cards there are always a few that I have trouble figuring out who they come from, and a review of the list often helps :).

This is the link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/49962-postcard-exchange-round-14-sign-up-9.html#post637384

Thanks

Matt

P.S. I guess I just did what I was asking for :)

rst
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Matt,

so let me save you one click:

2F/2F
AdamKap
Adrian D
Akki14
Allen Friday
Anke Drewitz
bdial
BirgerA
Black Dog
Bob F.
brchambe
Buster6X6
BWKate
Cara
crispinuk
david b
drpsilver
Eric Mac
erikg
gordrob
gr82bart
hermit
jbannow
Jon King
jonnywalker
k_jupiter
KingJon
kraker
Lynda
Maher_one
Mark Fisher
Matthijs
MattKing
MenacingTourist
Mick Fagan
Mike Wilde
mikeg
mooseontheloose
ozphoto
PepMiro
Peter Schrager
PVia
realitysandwich
Rlibersky
Rob Skeoch
rst
rwyoung
Simplicius
sly
Síle
thomsonrc
Tim Gray
tlsid
wazza

ciao
-- Ruediger

Buster6X6
06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks Ruediger for organizing this round again. It looks very inspirational crowd. Lot of newcomers wich will increase variety. Great.

Lets go and print some post cards.

Cheers Greg

david b
06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
If you are curious, there are 24 members in the US and 26 outside the US. Very cool.

rst
06-03-2008, 03:54 AM
If you are curious, there are 24 members in the US and 26 outside the US. Very cool.But only on your list. Overall there are 27 members from the US and 27 members from outside the US.

ciao
-- Ruediger

kraker
06-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Wow! What a quick start! First card received from Rachelle, and what a fine card it is. Lovely IR HIE shot, thanks, Rachelle.

mooseontheloose
06-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Wow! That was fast!! Who knew the post between France and the Netherlands could be so speedy?

;-)

rst
06-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Wow! That was fast!! Who knew the post between France and the Netherlands could be so speedy?

;-)Not only between France and the Netherlands. Your beautiful card also arrived this morning here in Germany. Thanks a lot, this round you get the price for the first postcard of the round.

Now it is time to send the PMs with the address updates, there were 10 participants who ... ;)

I at least am down to three possible candidates. Now I have to decide between technical, parisienne or funny. Ahhhh, the hard decisions.

ciao
-- Ruediger

mooseontheloose
06-07-2008, 10:59 AM
"Now it is time to send the PMs with the address updates, there were 10 participants who ... "

Oy!!! Don't do that to me! I was ready to send prints on the 2nd but waited a few days to make sure the addresses were correct. I had to do the postcards early since I'm leaving France in three weeks, and still have to finish printing for an exhibition (and the Group Print Exchange) as well.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see any postcards you all send my way since they are making their way to Canada, as I will be at the end of the month.

rachelle

rst
06-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Oy!!! Don't do that to me! No, just joking. Everyone who checked the address seems to have it correct.

All the best on your way to Canada.
-- Ruediger

BWKate
06-07-2008, 05:02 PM
What about Art's address? I have a different one for him at his parents in Canada? Do I send his postcard to Canada or New Haven?

rst
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
What about Art's address? I have a different one for him at his parents in Canada? Do I send his postcard to Canada or New Haven?Kate, the address in the list for round 14 is the correct one.

ciao
-- Ruediger

johnnywalker
06-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I have my postcards sitting on my desk. I thought I'd be smart and address them with my ink jet printer. Unfortunately, the damn ink won't dry completely, and it smears easily. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to dry it, or know if it will dry by itself if left for a few days? I guess I can always cover the addresses up with Avery labels if worst comes to worst.

MenacingTourist
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I have my postcards sitting on my desk. I thought I'd be smart and address them with my ink jet printer. Unfortunately, the damn ink won't dry completely, and it smears easily. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to dry it, or know if it will dry by itself if left for a few days? I guess I can always cover the addresses up with Avery labels if worst comes to worst.

Try putting clear tape over the address. Maybe test it on something other than a card first.

Alan.

johnnywalker
06-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Alan, I'll try that.

Síle
06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Rachelle

I got a lovely surprise when I received your beautiful card in the post this morning to see that not only is it a gorgeous pic, but it was taken in Ireland too :D
I knew you were a woman with taste! Really gorgeous card, thank you.

Síle

mooseontheloose
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words Sile -- it seemed kind of strange sending an iconic photo of Ireland back to ... well, Ireland, but I had already printed up my cards well before I got the address list. I really enjoyed my trip there this past April -- wish I could've spent more time in all of the places I visited, especially Co. Clare and Donegal.

rachelle