PDA

View Full Version : Day out in Trim in July?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

thefizz
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
So who can make it on the Friday night for a few pints? Will be our last get together before Catherine heads back to Canada.

k_jupiter
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry for being late into this thread, I wasnt sure if the date suited. It does suit so I'll be up.

Don't bother with the suit, they're shooting nudes.

tim in san jose

Síle
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Don't bother with the suit, they're shooting nudes.

tim in san jose

Not sure if I'll make it the Friday, I may just drive down Saturday morning first thing.. but I seem to keep missing out on the drinking part.. and that's not good..
Besides, if Fintan's wearing a suit.. and Catherine's nude.. I may just be tempted to go Friday :o
You reckon you'll make it over too Tim??

k_jupiter
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Not sure if I'll make it the Friday, I may just drive down Saturday morning first thing.. but I seem to keep missing out on the drinking part.. and that's not good..
Besides, if Fintan's wearing a suit.. and Catherine's nude.. I may just be tempted to go Friday :o
You reckon you'll make it over too Tim??

For that.... heck yes. I'd even buy the Guinness. You Irish folks sure are having a good time in your one month of summer.

tim in san jose

thefizz
07-14-2008, 07:56 AM
So who is coming to Trim this Saturday? I have the weather arragned ;)
Anyone for pints on Friday night?

Síle
07-14-2008, 08:52 AM
So who is coming to Trim this Saturday? I have the weather arragned ;)
Anyone for pints on Friday night?

I'm coming Saturday, what time are you setting off in the morning and to where?
I won't make Friday though so you'll all just have to have one for me! (A hardship I know I know...)
And how did you manage the weather ??

fluffy_penguins
07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
i'll be there friday night for drinks and saturday (early!!!) for photos.
the modified holga has arrived from the states! time for some long exposures!!!

just back from london tonight. saw a great photo exhibit from mali (1950s) in the tate modern. highly recommend it. have the guy's name downstairs (will add later).

fluffy

thefizz
07-15-2008, 03:40 AM
I have no problem with an early start Saturday. How about 8am? I've no problem starting earlier.

If we start in the town to shoot the castle then it will be easy for any late comers to find us. After that we can walk (5 minutes) along the Boyne to Newtown Abbey (nice old grave for Fluffy) & St. John's Priory. In the afternoon we can drive to Bective Abbey (10 minutes).

I'm working on plan B at the moment so if the weather is bad we can hit the studio. Don't forget to bring any still life objects you might like to photograph.

Síle
07-15-2008, 05:55 AM
After that we can walk (5 minutes) along the Boyne to Newtown Abbey (nice old grave for Fluffy)

Be afraid Fluffy... be very afraid.. :o

Vincent Brady
07-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi Peter,
I thought that you might be able to control the weather so I hope to join you on Friday evening. What's the pub and meeting time. Do I need bring anything but photo gear.?

cheers
Vincent (TEX)

thefizz
07-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi Vincent,

Great to have you with us. Just bring whatever camera gear you need and film etc. I can meet up from early Friday evening so any time is fine by me.

Fintan
07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm working on plan B at the moment so if the weather is bad we can hit the studio. Don't forget to bring any still life objects you might like to photograph.

Do you need paper backgrounds? I've a roll of black and one white that I'm about to advertise for sale.

thefizz
07-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Do you need paper backgrounds? I've a roll of black and one white that I'm about to advertise for sale.

I'm sorted there Fino, thanks. I have black and white material which I am hanging today, should do the job.

Droog
07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm busy on Saturday, but would love to drop in and say hello (or in Fluffy's case, goodbye... for now) on Friday. That's if such slackness is tolerated...

Andrew

thefizz
07-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Thats great Andrew, I will pm my mobile number to you so ring me when you arrive in Trim and I'll direct you to the pub :)

Fintan
07-17-2008, 10:29 AM
whats the pub called?
is the stout up to standard?

thefizz
07-18-2008, 05:19 AM
OK bare with me on this one: The pub is KNOWN as Lennihens but the name over the door is James Griffin :confused:, its a long story.

To make things more confusing, there are another two pubs in Trim called Lennihens so don't ask for directions :rolleyes:

Park your car at my place and my better half will drop you and Fluffy down. Everyone else has my mobile number so ring me for directions.

Oh and the stout is very good indeed :D

Peter

melball
07-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi all, Sorry I can't make it up but hope you have fun tonight and you have good weather (especially for your sake fluffy!).

Fintan
07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
i'm collecting fluffy about 9ish so i think i'll be up approx 10.30

thefizz
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I'll try to leave some stout for you but I can't promise anything :p