PDA

View Full Version : Day out in Trim in July?

Pages : [1] 2 3

thefizz
06-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Anyone up for a day out shooting in Trim on 19th or 26th of July?

We can photograph Trim Castle (don't forget OPW card if you have one), St. John's Priory, Newtown Abbey and Bective Abbey, as well as many other sites close to the town.

Let me know if either of those dates suits you.

Peter

Síle
06-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Anyone up for a day out shooting in Trim on 19th or 26th of July?

We can photograph Trim Castle (don't forget OPW card if you have one), St. John's Priory, Newtown Abbey and Bective Abbey, as well as many other sites close to the town.

Let me know if either of those dates suits you.

Peter

I'd love a day out in trim! When I went up to the fair last year, the castle and grounds were kinda crowded, so I wouldn't mind seeing it empty.

The 19th would suit me best as I'm off on hols the week after, but no problem if the weekend after works for everyone else, I'll just make the Fizz do it again sometime :)

Síle

Simplicius
06-16-2008, 06:55 AM
OK I am going to ask about the OPW card: I assume it is Office Of Public Works and it is some form of pass that allows you onto the grounds ?

Simplicius

Defying reality since 1878

thefizz
06-16-2008, 07:58 AM
The OPW card costs €20 and allows free admission into any of the OPW sites for one year. It can be purchased at most of the sites, including Trim Castle.

Its good if you plan to visit a few OPW places in a year.

fluffy_penguins
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Both dates are good for me. Still lugging Mel's loaner Holga around (but should have new fancy "modified" holga by then)... woo hoo!!!

Can you say looooooooooong exposure?

:-)

Síle - how long will you be in Canada. I should be to Toronto by the third week of August. Will you still be there? Can you "miss" your flight home?

In other news, I will report back on the par-tay with the Canadians aka Yanks/Brits invade. Start planning next year's holiday now, eh? Never too soon! I think I am gonna be "out geared" on this one but the holga has developed a little Brooklyn attitude so I think all will be fine.

Catherine

Síle
06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Síle - how long will you be in Canada. I should be to Toronto by the third week of August. Will you still be there? Can you "miss" your flight home?

In other news, I will report back on the par-tay with the Canadians aka Yanks/Brits invade. Start planning next year's holiday now, eh? Never too soon! I think I am gonna be "out geared" on this one but the holga has developed a little Brooklyn attitude so I think all will be fine.

Catherine

We're travelling around a bit, but hit Toronto for a few days the second week in August. Looks like we'll be passing ships in the night I'm afraid, but not to worry... we'll always have Trim... *cough cough*...

I am both dying to hear back from the invasion and extremely jealous.. so I will definitely be planning the hols around it next year!

Whens the new modified Holga arriving? And what about it did you modify, sounds intriguing...

Síle

melball
06-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Both dates look good to me too, although I will have to clear it with Adrian as I've been away a bit recently.

Mel

mmcclellan
06-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Folks,

No way I can join you, but I would if I could! Peter is a great guide, too, and a day out on his turf will be a day well spent. I especially recommend Bective Abby -- early in the morning, with the mist rising off the river, is not to be missed! But it's good any time.

If you don't take Peter up on his offer, you'll regret it! I did and I have a couple of "wall hangers" to show for it! :)

thefizz
06-19-2008, 03:43 AM
As a plan B, if the weather is bad we can do some studio photography in my new studio :)

Bring any objects you would like to shoot for still life photos. Or we can just do some nudes :o How about it Sile? ;)

Síle
06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
As a plan B, if the weather is bad we can do some studio photography in my new studio :)

Bring any objects you would like to shoot for still life photos. Or we can just do some nudes :o How about it Sile? ;)

Peter once you don't mind posing nude.. I really don't mind taking the Photo's :D

Síle

thefizz
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
But I thought you promised to do Penguin Erotica :D

I'll just have to ask Catherine so, she won't let me down :rolleyes:

Síle
06-19-2008, 10:47 AM
But I thought you promised to do Penguin Erotica :D

I'll just have to ask Catherine so, she won't let me down :rolleyes:

And there was I thinking you wanted me to do some of you for the wife's birthday pressie ;)

Besides I can't do penguin erotica.. I'm not a penguin!! :o
Catherine???

fluffy_penguins
06-20-2008, 02:36 AM
i'm really praying for good weather!!!!

c

Síle
06-20-2008, 03:16 AM
i'm really praying for good weather!!!!

c

Psst Fizz... you ready for the rain dance?

:D

S

thefizz
06-20-2008, 03:54 AM
I'm already working on that ;)

I think the 19th suits me best also.

melball
06-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi All, I can do the nineteenth but I need to be back home for a party Sat evening. I'm assuming we are doing the usual and meeting Friday night /"early" Sat morning?

thefizz
06-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi All, I can do the nineteenth but I need to be back home for a party Sat evening. I'm assuming we are doing the usual and meeting Friday night /"early" Sat morning?

Meeting up Friday evening would be good if anyone can make it and an early start Saturday is fine by me.

fluffy_penguins
06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
peter can you recommend a b&b??
mel... can i hitch a lift with you??????

c.

thefizz
06-28-2008, 04:43 AM
Here's a few local B&B's. Some may be just outside the town but I can collect anyone without transport.

www.beechwood-lodge.co
www.whitelodgetrim.com
www.tighcathaintrim.com
www.crannmor.com/guesthouse.html
www.stayathighfield.com

Fintan
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry for being late into this thread, I wasnt sure if the date suited. It does suit so I'll be up.