PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Ideas + print without light

Mustafa Umut Sarac
06-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Ron ,

I am sleepless and inventing new things as half awaken.

Question : Is it possible to craft your paper emulsion with inkjeting different emulsion drops or powder coating with photocopier with referencing to your digital picture?
Than
may be you can print different developers or chemicals or powders to activate the monobath development without using light?
Is it future ?
May be ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

PHOTOTONE
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Mustafa, do you have any photos online? Why don't you post some of your work.

Photo Engineer
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Mustafa;

I'm not sure exactly what you propose, but the emulsion must be kept at 40 deg C for it to be liquid or it will not spread. This is due to the gelatin.

PE

Mustafa Umut Sarac
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Kirk opened a candy fabrication thread. ıt is about heating sugar and printing it 3D.
I asked a similar question to rp alt group ten years ago and everybody angered to me and asked do I know how much HP had been invested to its printer head , millions...
These folks do it for 15 dollars.
My idea is this , you can print two different chemicals to the paper on one after other to generate a chemical reaction.
For example a emulsion and monobath developer.
Developer acts like light and activate emulsion , development and the fixage.
I think this can generate more complex prints .

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

scootermm
08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
we must be in that phase of the moons cycle.

Can't believe its that time already again.

milkplus-mesto
08-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Now, I see this and I just think... "Where's that old printer?" and want to go try it out for myself.

I suppose there's always the thought of printing using three different (CMY - Photo prints can be printed with just the three inks) with three different developers in them so that different areas of the print are developed with different timings - the dev would run out very quickly, but if right after printing it was put into a bath of one of the specific developers, you could finish by inspection and then end up with kind of a double image effect.

If that makes any sense to anyone, I'l be rather pleased with myself.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Milkplus-pesto , good idea !
Is there anyone who can formulate these emulsion and developer-fixer only sensitive to each other , not light etc ?
We could use a printer or gum printing !
If I am not wrong , different heights of gum , diffuses different amount of chemicals as printer print different size dots.
If you want to not talk about printers , you can use gum shield ...

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

milkplus-mesto
08-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks Mustafa, I've just had another idea.

Suppose you completely exposed a piece of paper, and then "printed" the developer onto it in a negative, only the dark parts of the print (if i've got the negative bit right) would be visible - and it'd work in monochrome. Colour would be a whole different ball game.
If the developer wasn't strong enough (surely 1:1 would do it), it would be possible to print more than once - if you got it correctly aligned.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
08-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Milkplus-pesto ,
I had been posted same idea to apug and f295. I think its a super idea.
You can print different developers to the different zones or on to details.

ic-racer
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
You guys should try it and show us. It sounds super easy, just put some developer in an inkjet cartridge and print away in the light. Then put the paper in developer and see what you get. For sure you will get an image, but perhaps more for 'experimental' imagery.

milkplus-mesto
08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I guess the easiest one to print would be cyanotype emulsion - if you were to go down that route. Simply print it, leave it out in the sun, and then wash. Genious. (Not even any need to worry about overdevelopment).

domaz
09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Since we're talking about far out ideas- I have always had the idea to swap out an inkjet nozzle with a very fine LED laser. The laser's intensity would be controlled by the same electrical connection that controls the nozzle- so each "squirt" of the nozzle equals a fire of the laser. You would have basically a homebrew lightjet printer.

I'm sure this is way easier said than done though. ..

Mustafa Umut Sarac
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
This reminds me a old synthetic aperture radar images making in the airplane 40 years ago where there is no onboard digital equipment.
Radar send a slice beam to the ground and it reflects , receiver get it and transform the radar signal to variable intensity light slice. It directly effects the film.
You are from a distant city but WA reminds me flight simulator program named something X etc , i m not remembering just now.
You can search non microsoft flight simulator games and there is a plug in for entire few hundred thousands square kilometers of washington state which produced by digital elevation model DEM and millions of aerial photograph merge. You can fly at afternoon time with your TU 160 entire washington state , it is sooo beatiful and far away better than to take single bw 2D panorama picture.
Why I told this.
If there is serious research on aerial photographing the state , there is someone who takes sar images with airplane. You can reach them and may be you can learn the told technology.
If you love your state too much , you can add this aerial image plug in , hyperspectral satellite images also.
You can search DEM and aerial images and Landsat images from USGS or similar army sites.

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac
09-28-2008, 01:33 PM
x plane
and there is a free flight simulator
you can create your 3D world with their free tools , merging DEM to aerial or satellite image.
It is extremelly quality business and ı strongly advise it.
Beat writer Kerouac spent a summer at the summits of MtRainer area and he tells the story where he awakes first night sees the neighbor mountain like a huge giant looking from his window , he scared.