PDA

View Full Version : Alt Print Exchange Round 8, October 2008

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Rich Ullsmith
11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I just got Martin's cyanotypes, and I feel like I made out like a bandit!

Akki14
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been replying much, bit of family stuff going on (and I wasn't looking at my exchanges in order of deadlines so started all the other ones before this one, oops!) so there is a little bit of a delay here. I have recieved Martin's cyanotypes and they are gorgeous :) I liked the negatives on the back, it's an interesting concept to prove limited edition (and I'm happy I got the boobs! ;) :D )

I also received Rich's lith prints. Are they both lith prints? I like the high contrast pure b&w one more than the coloury one... Almost all the lith prints I see in the gallery have that touch of various colours to it and I'm wondering if you know of any modern ones that will print B&W like the kodakgraph(?) non-existent lightweight paper you sent? It is very pretty on my lightbox too.

I'm somewhat toying with a negative to print right now so hopefully/maybe by the end of the week I'll have sent mine out finally. Sorry for the delay.

Zebra
11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi All,

Mine went in the post today from North Carolina. Not sure how long it will take everyone to receive but if you haven't got them over the next ten days or so let me know. Hope all enjoy. I've enjoyed mine immensly.

take care,

Monty

FredW
11-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Today, I have just received a lovely cyanotype by Anke. Thank you.

Anupam Basu
11-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Just received a knock-your-socks-off beautiful platinum print from Monty. Dazzling stuff!

colrehogan
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I am planning to get my prints sent off either today or tomorrow.

sly
11-13-2008, 02:53 AM
I got my envelopes into the mail today. Hope they don't take too long on their travels.

I recieved Rich's lith prints last week. Both gorgeous. Makes me want to get back to some lith printina and work more on my toning skills.

Rich Ullsmith
11-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes Heather, both are liths. Hues will vary with light sources. Got Monty's platinum last night and can't wait to see it in daylight. It sings like a bird!

CarlRadford
11-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Prints made and will be in the post tomorrow afternoon - sorry for the delay :)

CarlRadford
11-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Just to confirm images are in the post and on the way to you folks!

colrehogan
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I received Fred's pt/pd print in today's mail, with one cap of the tube missing. :o However, the print and the letter were there. I would love to visit that place, but I am a sucker for places like this. I think that your highlights look fine, Fred.

Akki14
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Lillian's two prints arrived today! The postman was mean and made the envelope fall facedown on the floor so I initially thought the magical film fairies had delivered me a random free pack of film ;) Don't worry about the coating, I only suggested the watercolour techniques because it'd save you money practising. I really like the stream one because it looks like a big fluffy cloud running through it and I like the strong geometry of the boardwalk one as well. Thank you :)

Still waiting for Monty's print, keeping an eye out for it every morning...

FredW
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks Diane, I guess I will have to tape them shut next time. Still waiting for word from Carl, and Mario. That did take a while to arrive.

colrehogan
11-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks Diane, I guess I will have to tape them shut next time. Still waiting for word from Carl, and Mario. That did take a while to arrive.

Fred,
Actually there was tape, but it was just ordinary scotch tape it seemed to me.

querlicht
11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I came back from a helicopter-flight this evening and found two packages in the mail box. It's the perfect end of a wonderfull and spectacular day :-)
I received Monty's print and both of Lilian. Thank you very much for this very beautiful prints

CarlRadford
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM

I acknowledged your print had arrived on the 5-11-8 in an earlier post - sorry if I forgot to pm as well - but it is here :)

Zebra
11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Well this is the only day I am home for awhile and it was wonderful to see Martin's beautiful cyantypes. Thank you. I was also graced with Lillians superb pt/pd prints. They are incredibly well printed and exceed normal superlatives as to beauty. They are special. Lillian you are no longer allowed to enter under anything other than E!!!

Thank you,

Monty

ps Hopefully Lillian and Heather you both will receive my prints soon as they were all sent at the same time.

Akki14
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I recieved mine this morning. It was like christmas opening it up and it's a beautiful print! Thank you, Monty!
I have finished printing mine tonight (pending them drying overnight) so I'll write out my letters and envelopes and send them very soon. Sorry for being so slow though thankfully I feel like I'm getting out of my funk finally...

FredW
11-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Fred,
Actually there was tape, but it was just ordinary scotch tape it seemed to me.

Yes, I did use some scotch tape, but I could not find the packing tape at the time I was putting them together.

FredW
11-19-2008, 12:19 AM
I acknowledged your print had arrived on the 5-11-8 in an earlier post - sorry if I forgot to pm as well - but it is here :)

Sorry I must have missed it in the thread.