PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Ole
11-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Any news? November is almost over, my print is ready to go (5x7" contact print, BTW)...

Jim Chinn
11-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Ole,

I will send you a name and address later today, Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. Any one who hasn't participated yet is more then welcome to join in. See the beginning of this post and let me know here or pm me with your name and address.

Sean
11-23-2003, 02:36 PM
will get this up on the weekend, am making this thread a 'sticky' so it's always at the top of the forum..

Haven't forgotten about the dedicated section for this, just side tracked with the article system. Should be able to get it going soon though..

Jim Chinn
12-16-2003, 10:33 AM
We are looking for more exchange members for January. We now have 12 participants and would like get more people involved. Details are contained within this thread. If you have any additional questions or comments send me a PM. January prints should be mailed by the last week of January. It is a great way to see another photographers work and then discuss approaches and ideas.

Jim Chinn

Silverpixels5
02-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Just wanted to drop a reminder for the January blind print exchange for those who may have forgot to get their prints out this past week....like myself. :-)

Nige
02-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Has Jim sent who I'm supposed to be sending to? If so, I've misplaced it...

Silverpixels5
02-02-2004, 06:34 PM
I recieved my recipient back at the begining of Dec. Try contacting Jim to see if he can get you an address again.

Jim Moore
03-15-2004, 12:39 PM
I am interested in joining in on the next round if there are any openings.

Thanks!!

Jim

Jim Chinn
03-15-2004, 01:23 PM
JMoore,

I will get an name and address to you for April.

To everyone else who is a current participant,

Thanks for sharing your passion and art with others in the exchange group.
Please accept my most humble apology for not being more on top of things, especially my own exchanges. I was hit with some major home repairs that involved the part of the house that contains my darkroom, and then just as I was getting caught up with my printing work for a couple of customers my wife's brother died suddenly from a Group A strep infection. He was 52, a non-smoker, a model of good health and a wonderful person. My wife has been devastated and we are just now getting back to normal.

I currently have the following people listed in the exchange, listed by use rnames:

Silverpixel5
David Vickery
Ken S
Ole
Shesh
Nige
Poco
Brimc76
jtsatterlee
David Goldfarb
efikim
Phill Dresser
Bmac
JMoore
Jim68134
Ryan T. (not listed on the forum but someone I know)

Any one else is more then welcome, some rough guidelines are listed earlier in this post. I ask anyone who is currently exchanging prints to be patient, I will get new matches sent to you next week for April. ( I am going to forgo March, I had no time to get names out last month)

I would also like to extend a special invitation to the women on the forum to participate. Don't be shy, it is a great way to look at a variety of styles and techniques of others and be able to discuss work in more depth.

philldresser
03-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Jim

Sorry to hear of your loss and the house troubles. Take your time and get yourselves sorted. We will still be here when the time is better for you

Regards

Phill

David A. Goldfarb
03-16-2004, 11:17 AM
I just want to echo Phill's sentiments. Take as much time as you need.

brimc76
03-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Jim take your time and get things back on track first.

Silverpixels5
06-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Is the blind print exchange still up and running?

Jim Chinn
06-13-2004, 10:37 AM
I had to put the exchange sort of on the back burner while I got my camera business up and running. I still have all the names and will reshuffle and contact those who were participating. I know some are participating in JMoore's exchange so may not want to continue. But I still like the idea of exchanging one on one so I will contact everyone in July.

Joe Symchyshyn
08-26-2004, 10:35 AM
I would be interested in the next exchange (if there is one...)

joe :)

mark
08-26-2004, 10:48 AM
I would like to participate too, if people don't mind 5x7 contacts until I can find a bulb for the enlarger I have access to.

Jim Chinn
08-26-2004, 12:14 PM
I had to suspend the exchange for awhile due some personal matters and all the time involved in getting my ULF cameras ready for sale. JMoore has a great exchange going that is a group exchange. The only real difference is in his exchange you would print 5 images and send them to five people and get five in return from those photographers. There are threads in this forum with details and if you post he will include you in the next go around. In that forum prints are exchanged every other month.

Gustavo_Castilla
12-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi I read the info on print excange jet I am not sure how it works .
I uploaded a few Images and did received comments on them but nothing about exchanging can some one tell me more about the forum
Thanks

roteague
12-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi I read the info on print excange jet I am not sure how it works .
I uploaded a few Images and did received comments on them but nothing about exchanging can some one tell me more about the forum
Thanks

We are currently in the third round of print exchanges. Check out the following thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9538 and it should give you more details. Basically, you agree to exchange prints with a limted number of people, in the current round there are three people in each group. You choose a print that you wish to share, print them and send one to each member of your group. I'm not sure when the next exchange will start, probably not until the beginning of the year.

kwmullet
12-27-2004, 02:46 PM
I had to suspend the exchange for awhile due some personal matters and all the time involved in getting my ULF cameras ready for sale. JMoore has a great exchange going that is a group exchange. The only real difference is in his exchange you would print 5 images and send them to five people and get five in return from those photographers. There are threads in this forum with details and if you post he will include you in the next go around. In that forum prints are exchanged every other month.

Jim,

I saw this exchange thread for the first time last night and became very interested in participating and was disappointed (but understood why) to see that it's on hold for now. I think this random exchange has a different appeal than the current group exchanges. The bar isn't quite so high -- you're basically encouraged to exchange a snapshot (proof/contact sheet/custom print/etc) of your current work with a randomly-chosen participant. I can see how this might appeal to someone who doesn't want to generate five custom prints for one of the other exchanges. Myself, I would like to participate in both kinds of exchanges.

Seeing that you've got a full plate, might I be so imperinant as to ask a question? Is all that's required of the "moderator" of the blind exchange to collect names/addresses and form random pairs, informing each person of the other member in their pair? If so, how would you feel if someone else stepped up to the plate and attempted to restart this particular exchange?
If someone else expresses an interest, maybe they could do it at least until you have enough copious spare time to take back over, if you wanted. If no one expresses an interest, I may be interested in doing it.

I'm thinking one way to start would be to just PM the members from the last blind exchange further up in the thread and see if they're interested while we wait a couple of weeks for additional members to express an interest as well.

-KwM-