PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Central California?

Pages : 1 [2]

Robert Budding
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Where? I was over in Pope Valley for years, up 'til not long ago.

I grew up in Napa and graduated from Vintage High School (I'm not joking). But that was long ago - I've been in New England for almost all of my adult life.

Terry Hayden
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
For any of you in the even general central CA. vicinity, don't overlook one of
the oldest co-op galleries in the state, if not the country.

Yup, right in Fresno -

Spectrum Gallery, 608 East Olive ave.

Membership is open to anyone using photographic processes
( nowadays that is a really really broad catagory ).

We have group members exhibits annually as well as individual
members exhibits.

There is also a darkroom available to members.

So, anyone wanting to hook up with other photographers, do check us out!

http://spectrumphotogallery.org/

Jon Shiu
09-21-2010, 12:11 PM
For any of you in the even general central CA. vicinity, don't overlook one of
the oldest co-op galleries in the state, if not the country.

Yup, right in Fresno -

Spectrum Gallery, 608 East Olive ave.

Membership is open to anyone using photographic processes
( nowadays that is a really really broad catagory ).

We have group members exhibits annually as well as individual
members exhibits.

There is also a darkroom available to members.

So, anyone wanting to hook up with other photographers, do check us out!

http://spectrumphotogallery.org/

I believe Spectrum even has an 8x10 Durst enlarger in their darkroom!

Jon

Terry Hayden
09-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Indeed we do, as well as a couple of 4x5's ( with appropriate
carriers for smaller formats ).

It's really quite a nice space.

The gallery itself is top drawer, and located in the "Artsy"
Tower district.

wy2l
09-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I escaped from Visalia. There's not much I miss about the place. Fresno is kinda like Detroit, nice is you are into recreational pharmaceuticals, or gang life.

lxdude
09-24-2010, 07:43 PM
I escaped from Visalia. There's not much I miss about the place. Fresno is kinda like Detroit, nice is you are into recreational pharmaceuticals, or gang life.

I also am a Visalia refugee. Many people like it there, though.

robbalbrecht
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Another Central Coast resident here. I'm near San Luis Obispo, Los Osos to be exact. Just found APUG a couple days ago.

Perry Way
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Another Central Coast resident here. I'm near San Luis Obispo, Los Osos to be exact. Just found APUG a couple days ago.

Welcome! I'm from San Luis Obispo! Do you ever shoot film at Los Osos Oaks? Maybe I'll run into you sometime. What do you typically shoot? Me, it's landscapes/architecture.

robbalbrecht
05-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi Perry,
Thanks for the welcome. :)
Last time I was at Los Osos Oaks I shot some digital stuff. I'm getting re-acquainted with film with my Minolta XG-7. I have a Bronica ETRS on the way that I'm very excited to start working with. Typically I shoot products for work but my personal projects range from landscapes to portraits. I'm always up for coffee and shop talk if you want to meet up sometime.

jermaineB
06-22-2011, 01:27 PM
I know this thread is old, but I've been living in the Central Valley near Fresno (Lemoore) for about 5 years now and I did a meetup with some photographers a couple of years ago, but it was mainly for digital though I found about some of the guys who had been shooting film there for a while. I wondered if any of them still shoot film. I'm all in with film now and only use digital for vacations with the kids or where digital just seems more feasible.

benjiboy
06-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome! I'm from San Luis Obispo! Do you ever shoot film at Los Osos Oaks? Maybe I'll run into you sometime. What do you typically shoot? Me, it's landscapes/architecture.
I live in England and have never been to the U.S, the only thing I know about San Louis Obispo is that Ernie Ball Musicman guitars are made there :)

Jon Shiu
06-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I know this thread is old, but I've been living in the Central Valley near Fresno (Lemoore) for about 5 years now and I did a meetup with some photographers a couple of years ago, but it was mainly for digital though I found about some of the guys who had been shooting film there for a while. I wondered if any of them still shoot film. I'm all in with film now and only use digital for vacations with the kids or where digital just seems more feasible.

If you ever get over to Visalia, there is a show July 1-30 at Arts Visalia with some nice B&W work (as well as digital):
California Edge
California Photography in the Twentyfirst Century
http://artsvisalia.org/

Jon