PDA

View Full Version : APUG Gathering in Cornwall England

Pages : 1 [2]

Andrew Moxom
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
At this point I am telling folks that we have 9 interested parties and I am not taking on anymore interested people on this trip. The UK/European contingent may meet up with us, but they will be responsible for managing there own schedule and timeframes. I am still waiting for the brochure on the cottage to be sent via email. Please note that we may not all get a private room. Some are doubles, I hope to get those details in the email from the landlord. So we will have room to crash, but it will be cozy. As this is purely a photographic shooting excursion. The name of the game is adaptability and flexibility. Not only with sleep arrangements, but with the weather!! The Cornish weather can be very unpredictable. I am putting together an itinerary and will be sending it out. Can you please forward me your email details via APUG PM? At this point I am aiming for an April 24th through May 1st trip time at the cottage. This will give us an opportunity for night shots under a full moon on Apr 28th. Again, we can be flexible on these dates. I need to know if you are still committed on the trip with this date/time? Tentative plan would be to fly from Detroit to Heathrow on Friday April 23rd on an overnight flight. So people would need to make plans to meet at Detroit and fly over together. Pick up rental cars or van on Saturday at Heathrow and drive down to Cornwall. Or get connecting flight from Heathrow down to Newquay and pick up rental cars there. That second option would give us time to shoot for the evening on our arrival day and get settled into the cottage and less time driving! More to follow.

Here is the list so far of interested people:-

From the US:-

Bill Schwab
Ike Eisenlord
Thomas Bertilsson
Daniel Lin
Travis Nunn
Marianne (Mayfair 710)
Peter Schrager
Andrew Moxom

From the UK:-

Bill Spears
Mark Burley
John Bragg
Steve Smith
Snallan
garri
Leon
Neil Souch
Solarize
Delphine
Lucie Averill (My sister potentially)

From Sweden:-

No Mennescio

From Turkey:-

Ian Grant

A.

Andrew Moxom
03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
FYI, I finally got a picture of the cottage that we could be staying at in Cornwall. Verbal committment over the phone with the landlord was 900 pounds. The Cottage is called Chy-Vallan. More details to follow as I get them. It will be cosy and rustic, but not primitive.

deisenlord
03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Andrew i'm still in. In reading about the cottage it sounds like only 5 beds, does that sound right? That could be fine depending on who makes it.
Ike

Andrew Moxom
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Ike, I know it will be cosy.... if need by, I could crash at my sisters as she is across the driveway!! :-)

Travis Nunn
03-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Andrew i'm still in. In reading about the cottage it sounds like only 5 beds, does that sound right? That could be fine depending on who makes it.
Ike

I can sleep on anything so I really don't need a bed. Just a floor. Although a pillow would be nice, too.

Andrew Moxom
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Okay, I know some folks are not too enthralled about the sleeping arrangements, here are the latest details from Christine the landlord:-

Glad to hear you recieved the details.
One week will be 900.
You will see there are 6 beds,but 3 are doubles, if its not acceptable to share a bed I could provide 2 single beds in the dining room, maybe a mattress in the lounge if needed.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards Christine

This could get us to 9 beds if we need that many.

A.

Ian Grant
03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
As Andrew knows from PM's I am considering renting an additional cottage/house nearby anyway. I have an ongoing project I've been shooting in Cornwall and rented a cottage not that far (less than 15 mins) from the one Andrew's suggesting, last year. I'll be there gain at the end of next month so can see what else is available closer to Marazion.

There won't be a problem getting additional accommodation if it's needed. There are thousands of cottages/houses in Cornwall let on a weekly basis to holiday makers :D

Ian