PDA

View Full Version : Any APUG members in Galway?

mrtoml
09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
I may be moving back to Galway in the near future. Just wondering whether there are any APUG members around that part of the world.

Frank Hoerauf
09-18-2008, 06:23 AM
sorry i am not from your galway , but did you know there is a galway ,new york. maybe we could swap pics. galway ny is beautiful rolling hills , i always wondered if the founding fathers named it that because it reminded them of their galway back home. anyway good luck with your move.....frank

peterev
09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Not from there, but may move to connemara in the new year. fingers crossed

Vincent Brady
09-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Mark,
There is a very active camera club in Galway, not sure about APUG members. Stay in touch with us and we might all meet on an weekend outing to Connemara in the Spring.

cheers
Vincent

mrtoml
09-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Thanks. I will probably be visiting Galway soon so I will check out the club if I have time. My impression from the Galway Camera shop was that most people were digital although they did still sell a small amount of Ilford chemistry at the time.

Fintan
09-19-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm over in Portlaoise, but I love to visit Galway anytime :D

Terence
09-19-2008, 08:35 AM
When I was there a year ago, there were two Galway locals out photographing Ross Abbey up in Headford, with 4x5 field cameras. I exchanged business cards with them. I'll try to dig them out.

They hadn't heard of APUG, but I wrote down the link for them on my cards.

edhead2008
12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Living between Gort and Loughrea, Give us a shout when you get home.
Eamonn

Fintan
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Eamonn

Welcome to APUG Eamonn

thefizz
12-03-2008, 04:39 AM
I may be moving back to Galway in the near future. Just wondering whether there are any APUG members around that part of the world.

There is Francesco in Galway but I don't think he posts much here. Met him recently at one of our workshops, sound guy.

thefizz
12-03-2008, 04:40 AM
Oh and welcome to apug Eamonn.

Mirko Lazzarin
12-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Eamonn

Welcome Eamonn!
Hope to meet you soon at the darkroom..I am ready, just drop me an email
Cheers
Mirko

ondebanks
01-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah I live in Galway, at the edge of the city. I don't check APUG that often so I just saw this thread now. I shoot mostly 645 and 6x9 - Mamiya cameras. Recent addition is a Toyo 45G, but that will be for my Mamiya 6x9 backs - no intention just yet to get into 4x5; seems like too much hassle! Main things I do are astro-photography, landscape and misc candids. I have a busy job and a young family, so the only type of photography where I have time to set out with lots of kit is the astro-photography, when everyone's in bed...whereas pretty much all my daytime output is grab-shots while doing stuff with the kids.