10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
SoutLout I think sums him up :D:D:D

Hmmm, has a nice ring to it :cool:

Fintan
10-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Any b+b suggestions?

melball
10-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm on for a friday night stay over with early rise Sat for shooting etc. After last nights budget I'll need a budget B&B...but at least they didn't put any more tax on the Guinness!

hughitb
10-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Folks,

I would love to come to this but unfortunately I will be away in the UK that weekend. Organise one for the new year and I'll turn up at that one!

Hope it goes well anyway ....

Hugh

monosnaps
10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I was up near Cloghleagh Bridge yesterday and came across another photo opportunity nearby. It's about 8klm ahead n the same road, I have added an image (an old one)in the Gallery of the location. a few clouds is all we need.

Also noticed there is very little parking at Cloghleagh maybe 3 cars at most so we might be better meeting at the Blue Gardenia in Brittas and car pooling to Cloghleagh about 10minutes drive away.

Fintan
10-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Thats great Eddie, I'm really looking forward to this.

thefizz
10-19-2008, 04:50 PM
So who is staying over on the Friday night?

Droog
10-19-2008, 04:52 PM
This is a great idea and an attractive location and I look forward to meeting up.

Andrew

Fintan
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Any b+b suggestions?

Well folks, any suggestions?

Vincent Brady
10-22-2008, 06:39 AM
I've checked around Brittas & Blessington for a B&B without sucess and what occurs to me "What about Naas?". It's a big town and only 50 minutes from our site. I know that it does suit me, but that's not my motivation for suggesting it - I swear.

Cheers
TEX

Síle
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm going to throw in Kippure Lodge (http://www.kippure.com/accommodation_lodge.htm) it's about 12 km from Manor Kilbride and 4km from Cloughlea which means we can started early. It's €30 a night (€10.50 extra for a full Irish) and the setting look stunning. The only problem seems to be the bar.. but I'm sure we can work something out :o

Vincent Brady
10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Sile,
When I was up at Cloghleagh bridge we also went to Kippure lodge , I remember that there were great walks in the woods. Only for the fact that it rained all day did we not bother to try them out. But they could be well worth checking depending on the weather.
In other words I'm changing my suggestion from Naas to Kippure.

Cheers
Vincent

Fintan
10-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Is there any pubs nearby Sile?

Síle
10-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Sile,
When I was up at Cloghleagh bridge we also went to Kippure lodge , I remember that there were great walks in the woods. Only for the fact that it rained all day did we not bother to try them out. But they could be well worth checking depending on the weather.
In other words I'm changing my suggestion from Naas to Kippure.

Cheers
Vincent

Thanks Vincent, I have never been there myself, but it really does look like a beautiful setting, and one well worth wandering around in it's own right. I suppose if the worst comes to the worst, we can always do portraits/still life in the lodge!

Is there any pubs nearby Sile?

From what I can see on the site Fintan, they will open the bar "on request" for groups of 10 and upwards. I can always ring them to see would they be willing for a few less.. or maybe we could canvas a few more to join us?

Reading back in the thread, I make it that we're at 7 confirmed as coming? Do we have any other takers?

Fintan
10-23-2008, 12:37 AM
From what I can see on the site Fintan, they will open the bar "on request" for groups of 10 and upwards. I can always ring them to see would they be willing for a few less..

Just tell them thefizz is coming...

peterev
10-23-2008, 03:03 AM
there are five bars in roundwood which is twenty min drive

Fintan
10-23-2008, 03:14 AM
there are five bars in roundwood which is twenty min drive

It would be great to have the accomodation close enough to the shooting location and walking distance of a pub so we can have a pint or two in peace.

peterev
10-23-2008, 03:21 AM
It would be great to have the accomodation close enough to the shooting location and walking distance of a pub so we can have a pint or two in peace.

It may be easier easier to change shooting location

Droog
10-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Roundwood is fine but I think the B&B's are a couple of kilometres outside the village. Walking distance, but not staggering distance perhaps!

Laragh has Lynham's Laragh Inn, the Wicklow Heather restaurant and reasonable B&B's within easy walking distance. You could just stay at Lynham's Hotel to the rear of the Inn.

Cloughlea is a short drive over Sally Gap (via Glenmacnass waterfall).

I live quite close to Laragh (and Roundwood) so if there is any 'face-to-face' arranging needed, I could do that.

Andrew