PDA

View Full Version : APUG GET TOGETHER BEFORE XMAS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

martinhughesireland
12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
The Bronica is fine Peter, still working:-) Very little water got into it thank god

Thanks for the weekend all, was good fun
M

monosnaps
12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Had an enjoyable day, the good company helped. Pleased to meet Gigi Mel and Sile, A little more time to discuss prints and print presentation techniques would have been a bonus. I have two rolls processed, The Acros 100 taken at Kippure which was very contrasty with a few dodgy exposures. The other roll is the Holga images which look ok, they are drying at the moment.
Pleased Martins camera is ok, Did Sile sort out the problem with the Olympus.

Vincent Brady
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I only wish that I had a digital camera to photograph you guys sitting around a table in A PUB with glasses of water in front of you. I'd go public and international with that one and ruin your reputations. Apart from that I thought it was a great weekend and a pleasure to meet everyone. Looking forward to our next get together. We need to allow more time for print showing.

Cheers
TEX

Fintan
12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I would have liked a pint but somebody has to drive Tex :rolleyes:

On other occasions there was plenty of time to show prints on the friday evening when everyone was present.

Síle
12-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Sorry I missed out on the pub/print showing, but impressed you lot were on the water! I struggled through the office party and more wine.. it was tough, but someone had to do it! It seems I should be glad I missed out on the Tex lecture though.. hope you were gentle with them Tex!

Eddie so far I haven't had the chance to take the Olympus to the darkroom to remove the film and check out it out, hopefully I'll salvage something out of it, then it'll be taking a trip to Dublin to sort it once and for all.. at least I had thought to throw in the compact! How did the close up of our friendly equine friends work?

Martin glad to hear the camera is ok... dying to see some of those Rollei results.

Peter.. Um... 'Lure you' to my room?? Don't make me tell everyone what really happened..... :p

Fintan
12-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Sile you might like to give this guy a call;

Alan McDonnell
Camera Repair Centre
147 Harmonstown Road,
Artane,
Dublin 5.
Ph: 087-1350345

MOPS
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Good day was had by all I think, bar the dip in the river by the camera, etc.... Next time out I am going to tie my tripod to my arm so I won't forget it; managed to use a rock or two with my camera sitting on my hat as a make shift tripod, thanks for the loan of yours Sile. Nice to meet some new and not so new faces, hope you all got home OK.....MOPS

monosnaps
12-08-2008, 01:50 AM

Alan McDonnell
Camera Repair Centre
147 Harmonstown Road,
Artane,
Dublin 5.

Alan used to work out of DML, does he stll do the Hasselblad work there, I know he has to give DML customers preference.. Repairs can be expensive and film cameras are so cheap now make sure the repair is economical.

melball
12-08-2008, 02:10 AM
What a great weekend. It was good to meet up and meet some new faces. Sorry I missed the print showing, hopefully they will have finished a bit more of the Dublin-Cork motorway next time we meet and I won't have to head away so early.

Síle
12-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Thanks Fintan and Eddie I'll give him a buzz later on today and see if he can give me an idea of how much first, as I mentioned on Saturday I need to get my autocord fixed too.. so it might just be worth it..
I hope!

Fintan
12-08-2008, 03:41 AM
Alan used to work out of DML, does he stll do the Hasselblad work there, I know he has to give DML customers preference.. Repairs can be expensive and film cameras are so cheap now make sure the repair is economical.

I've no idea if they have on-site repairs anymore and dont know about the preference thing. He serviced a few of my bits and pieces before, timescales and prices were ok, not fast and not cheap but ok. Sadly few are doing repairs here that actually know what they are doing.

For sentimental cameras like Sile's Olympus I would go for repair over replacement, but not at any price mind!

Good luck Sile.

Droog
12-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Alan fixed my Mamiya 7 among others and I recommend him, but it can take time due to sheer numbers of repairs he has to do.

thefizz
12-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Alan will fix almost any film camera, I'm pretty sure of that. He serviced and cleaned up an old RB67 for me a few years back.

martinhughesireland
12-12-2008, 03:45 AM

Alan McDonnell
Camera Repair Centre
147 Harmonstown Road,
Artane,
Dublin 5.

Anyone have another number for this guy?, the number above does not seem to be available anymore? Have also tried his email 'alan147@eircom.net', hopefully he reply's....

Unfortunately the Bronica is no more, it didnt survive the splash, shutter not firing....

Have a mint Rolleiflex 2.8f which I would like to get serviced before i start using so if you have any other number for Alan let me know...

Cheers
M

Síle
12-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Martin I'm sorry to hear it didn't survive ...I guess we were lucky that you did, and it was just the camera that suffered, it was a pretty spectacular splash ;)

I had tried Alan myself a few times but kept getting the message that the call couldn't be connected, I hadn't gotten round to emailing him yet, so if you do hear something back let me know and I'll send him off one myself. Thanks.

It looks like I'll just have to go play with the Hassie for a while instead ;)

Gizzo
12-12-2008, 04:17 AM
It looks like I'll just have to go play with the Hassie for a while instead ;)

if you like so I can give you my old pentax kit and I'll take care of the Hass :) :)

@Martin: sorry about the Zenza...

Fintan
12-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Anyone have another number for this guy?, the number above does not seem to be available anymore? Have also tried his email 'alan147@eircom.net', hopefully he reply's....

Try Declan 01-4781638 who works for Alan and can arrange the repair.

Síle
12-12-2008, 06:45 AM
How kind and thoughtful of you Gizzo... but I'll struggle on :p
It's a tough job.. but somebody's gotta do it..

thefizz
12-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Just make sure you don't forget to carry the screw driver with you Sile ;)

Gizzo
12-12-2008, 07:09 AM
screw driver???
is this a special model of Hassy???