PDA

View Full Version : APUG GET TOGETHER BEFORE XMAS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Vincent Brady
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
What I'm thinking is what about meeting each other for a chat , showing of work, members giving talks about their gear or approach to photography, personal projects that they are working on or are about to embark on.

Do you get my drift? The idea can be refined or expanded on or ground into the dirt.

Some pointers to be considered :
1. A one day meet.
2. A Saturday.
3. A central location not necessarily Dublin, but convenient to get to.
4 A fee to cover cost of a room.

What do you think?

Cheers
TEX

thefizz
10-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Can we go shooting in the morning and then loook at prints in the afternoon?

Oh and we have to stay over the Friday night for pints :D

monosnaps
10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Sounds great. We could try cover everyones needs. I would like a quiet afternoon looking at prints, talking shop , something to eat and then a few drinks. It would depend on numbers if booking required.

melball
10-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Sounds good to me, Friday night drinks, early morning shoot, food and siesta followed by natter and prints? If it's slightly this side of Dublin it's all the easier for me.
...Ps and can't be within the next 4-5 weeks as my man has fractured his arm, is a bit helpless and "needs" nursing.

Mel

Drew B.
10-03-2008, 08:42 AM
They do a great Sunday Christmas stroll on Nantucket Island....if anyone is interested! Bring spouses and kids.... Oh..you're talking about Ireland...never mind.:)

Síle
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
They do a great Sunday Christmas stroll on Nantucket Island....if anyone is interested! Bring spouses and kids.... Oh..you're talking about Ireland...never mind.:)

Can we stay with you Drew?? If so I'm on.. it sounds great ;)

And if it has to be Ireland.. I'm on for that too.

Fintan
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Mark me down as interested in doing this trip.
I dont get much time these days to use my camera so I would have a preference for shooting than anything else.

A stay over on the friday, shooting on saturday would be my preference and I dont mind if the location is not that accessible because we can car pool easily.

thefizz
10-06-2008, 03:03 AM
So what dates are we suggesting and where?

I probably won't be free till December so go ahead without me if you plan it sooner.

Vincent Brady
10-08-2008, 03:02 PM
This might suit Wicklow apugers but my idea is to photograph at Cloghleagh bridge near Brittas and adjourn to the Blue Gardenia pub for our meeting. The date is the 6th. Dec. What do you think ? Not all at once please.

Cheers
TEX

Vincent Brady
10-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Check out Landscapes Photographs by Neville Dukes for shots at this site.

TEX

Fintan
10-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Count me in TEX

Síle
10-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm on for that too.. it's the Blessington side of Wicklow from what I can see?
And those shots on Neville Dukes site are gorgeous..
Any date ideas yet?

thefizz
10-09-2008, 03:27 AM
This might suit Wicklow apugers but my idea is to photograph at Cloghleagh bridge near Brittas and adjourn to the Blue Gardenia pub for our meeting. The date is the 6th. Dec. What do you think ? Not all at once please.

Cheers
TEX

The 6th December should be ok for me.

monosnaps
10-09-2008, 12:08 PM
You can count me in, Cloghleagh a good spot I have been there before.

I put a Holga image of Cloghleagh up in the gallery to give a feel for the place, it can be quite slippy so good footwear is required.

Vincent Brady
10-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks Eddie, good idea, hope you don't mind that I followed suit. any opinion on the Blue Gardenia as a meeting place for afters?
Cheers
Vincent

Fintan
10-13-2008, 06:20 AM
TEX has given me a map of the location. See attached

Síle
10-13-2008, 07:53 AM
TEX has given me a map of the location. See attached

Thanks for that, there's a Brittas in Co. Wicklow also, which is where I thought Tex meant originally , but know I see where you mean, and it looks like a great area.
Are we doing just a day or a night followed by a day?

Vincent Brady
10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Sile,
I thought in terms of a one day meeting but those "larger louts" may cause that to change. Watch this space.

cheers
Vincent

thefizz
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm on for a few scoups and stay over Friday night. Up early shooting on Saturday and show prints in the afternoon.

I'm very offended to be called a larger lout :mad:

I'm actually a Guinness lout :D

Síle
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm on for a few scoups and stay over Friday night. Up early shooting on Saturday and show prints in the afternoon.

I'm very offended to be called a larger lout :mad:

I'm actually a Guinness lout :D

Make that simply "A Lout" ...
I'm on for a night out, early morning start and some Saturday afternoon viewing..

S