PDA

View Full Version : Group Print Exchange Round 11 Groups

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Rlibersky
12-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Papagene

Like Matt I have not had time to look at the print yet. Hopefully I can slow down and get to it.

Randy

papagene
12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Randy
As long as it arrived safe. I was worried that it got lost in transition.

gene

Travis Nunn
12-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I received a print from Cara a couple of days ago, I really like the repeating shapes in the gate and the shadows. Thanks!

BirgerA
01-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Hello all and happy New Year

My prints for Group 1 were sent out today.

Regards

Birger A.

MattKing
01-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Randy, Art and Gene:

My prints went into the mail yesterday. Thanks for your patience.

I would be remiss if I didn't express my appreciation for the prints I've received.

I have prints in hand from both rlibersky (Randy) and papagene (Gene). They are both 5x7 in size, and both monochrome and both depict older scenes (those are a few of the similarties).

The differences? - Randy's print is on POP, which is a material that I have heard a lot about, but never used or owned. The tones are subtle, and the soft warm tones complement well the detail in the old abandoned vehicle. This is an image I keep returning to.

Gene's photo is a 5x7 contact print. The tones are dark, almost foreboding, and contrast nicely with the smiling caricature someone has added to the old tank. I like how my attention keeps moving back and forth between the small highlight near the edge, and the shadowed central image. This too is an image I keep returning to.

Ironically, for this exchange, I sent a larger than usual pint, and it is a cold toned image (unlike previous efforts). Hope you like it.

Matt

P.S. looking forward to Art's print too :)

vet173
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Just received my print from Gary P (Gbphoto). Alll I can say is wow. Rarely do I see prints with this wide of light range pull into a print what would be there visually. Better Printing than I have seen in some shows.
Thanks,
John Berry (vet173)
I had a chance to print some of the lodima. Bottom line, I will walk past any box of Azo to buy this paper. Prints are flatning and later today test strips will be toning mules. Rather than pick a shot and pound on it for a while, I tried a lot of different density range negs to see what the paper likes. So the shots are nothing to really rave about, but kind of lets you know what the paper will like. Exposed to my broke brains best vision of purdy. With the paper at such a premium. These would be good work prints, no burning or dodging so you could see where stuff wants to fall naturally. So give the paper about 20% more credit than shows up in a sub optimum presentation. Plus there is always the constant problem with the loose nut at the end of the cable release.

BWKate
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I also received a photo from GaryP and it's very beautiful, full of lovely tones and so well printed!
Thank you so much Gary. I feel so lucky to have one of your prints. I'll send you a Pm soon. Mine are still coming. Been short of money but will be paid on Friday. Thanks for your patience!

Rlibersky
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Matt I received your print. It is sitting with papagene's. At this point I thought i would wait for Art's, get some coffee and relax while taking them in.

MattKing
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Matt I received your print. It is sitting with papagene's. At this point I thought i would wait for Art's, get some coffee and relax while taking them in.

Thanks for the update - hope it's good coffee :).

Matt

gphoto120
01-14-2009, 07:36 PM
BWKate and John,

I'm quite the insecure printer at this point and your comments are much appreciated. Thanks !
Gary

BWKate
01-16-2009, 12:11 PM
My prints are in the mail today!!!

vet173
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
My prints are in the mail. Postmarked on this historic day. Still setting here is the info that was supposed to be included. These are descent Lodima work prints. I Have just finished doing some test for this paper. Things are very promising. Keep in mind these prints are from negs not keyed to the paper. Plus my total lack of ability. Give the paper the paper more credit than I can present to you. I added a little bonus material. I hope you enjoy.
John Berry (vet173)

vet173
01-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Received my print from BWKate. This was NOT a grab shot. I can see where everything is exactly where it was placed. Deep D-max for a matt paper and yet have wispy highlights. Tough print for that kind of paper, but you got it.
Thanks for the great print,
John Berry (vet173)

BWKate
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
You are very welcome, John!

Glad you received it so fast. Thanks for your kind comments. Can't wait to see what you have in the mail for our group! I'll post when I receive it.

gphoto120
01-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I also received my print from Kate. Thanks so much ! I really like your choice of paper...it enhances the texture and warmth of the clematis.
Gary P

BWKate
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Glad you also liked the print Gary from Louisville.
Received John Berry's Lodima prints. They are dark and rich with texture.Thank you very much! Is the print of a memorial type of building where the rubbing of Jimi Hendrix's gravestone made? It was a very unexpected bonus you sent John!
Very cool!

Black Dog
01-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Received my print from BWKate. This was NOT a grab shot. I can see where everything is exactly where it was placed. Deep D-max for a matt paper and yet have wispy highlights. Tough print for that kind of paper, but you got it.
Thanks for the great print,
John Berry (vet173)

Likewise!:D

vet173
01-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks Kate,
That is the Jimi Hendriks memorial. The headstone is in the center front in the middle. It was shot with an 8 3/4 verito. You will have to look at the notches to see which film was used. If it was Fp-4 it was developed in Pyrocat-p, if it was ektapan it was developed in D76 1:1. The leaf was shot on Fp-4 with a 420mm F5.5 Berlin Dogmar. As you can see, dog it ain't. Toning with selenium, thyocarbomide and gold, I have been able to pull a tritone with the paper. There is going to be a lot of fun with this paper. Might even try lith with it.
John Berry (vet173)

Rlibersky
02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Still haven't received my 3rd print. Looking forward to it.

rst
02-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Still haven't received my 3rd print. Looking forward to it.Lucky you, I still wait for two of the three prints I should have received.

Cheers
Ruediger