PDA

View Full Version : Creative Image Maker Magazine . . . . .

Pages : [1] 2

Christopher Walrath
10-03-2008, 10:32 PM
We are moving Creative Image Maker magazine to a new eHOME for now. All of the old articles will be housed there and we are still looking for new material in both articles and images. Though incomplete, the new site (so that you may catch a glimpse) is at http://home.comcast.net/~creativeimagemaker
So, check it out and let me know if there are any improvements that need to be made and I will see what I can do. And for those of you/us who have helped thus far, I am deeply indebted to you.

Christopher Walrath
10-10-2008, 06:57 AM
A word, for those of you who decide to check it out, the site is still under construction and I will post updates here.

Christopher Walrath
10-11-2008, 03:19 PM
The site is up and running as of now. All of the archives have been transferred and I am now waiting for some submissions and soon the next new edition will be published. Check it out.

Christopher Walrath
10-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi all. Just a reminder that the magazine will have a new issue released on November 29, 2008. I wanted to fill you all in on a few extra little new things we've got going on.

First, the issues will look more like a magazine.
Second, about a week after the magazine airs on the website I am going to have downloadable .pdf's available online in requested languages. I think I can translate them so this will be on a trial basis the first month.
Third, you can be a contributor. We are looking for fellow photographers to offer photographs or mini portfolios (3-6 images) and, most importantly, ARTICLES on any topic relating to film photography, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

So check out the site (in my sig). Thank you.

Christopher Walrath
11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, things are kinda slow. If I don't get any more submissions then the meager Dec. issue is pretty much ready to go. But I am hoping for more to arrive in the next few days. So stay tuned for more details.

Christopher Walrath
11-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, we will have a new issue online next Saturday morning, the 29th. Actually Fri eve the 28th late, but the official release date is the 29th. Got a good 'Get back into the swing of things' lineup but I don't wanna spoil anything. So, don't forget to check it out. Link is in my signature. I'll remind you all when it's online.

Christopher Walrath
11-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Only three days left. Advance tickets are now on sale for $999.45 USD ;p

Christopher Walrath
11-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Counting it down. Only two days left to go before the unveiling. The site will be down tomorrow evening for an hour or so as I get it ready to roll. But you all will not be disappointed. John Kiely Portfolio. New reference .pdf section and .pdf downloadable version of the magazine. Oops, almost a little too much cat out of the bag there.

JBrunner
11-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to this.

rorye
11-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Looking forward to this.

Me too :)

Christopher Walrath
11-27-2008, 09:38 PM
By this time tomorrow night the magazine will be up and running. Tick tock.

ArtO
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Super. I like the site and can't wait for the magazine to be up.

Christopher Walrath
11-28-2008, 06:04 PM
WE ARE A GO!

vickersdc
01-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Creative Image Maker

Well, Creative Image Maker is one year old on the 13th January and we're still going, although even I have to admit that it's been a close run thing at times!

As it happens, we're not just still here, but we're now new and improved! Following several weeks of technical issues surrounding domain name servers and registration problems, the Creative Image Maker (http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk) website is back on air and has been tweaked to hopefully provide a nicer experience.

But, that's not all - Christopher Walrath has been working extremely hard on the production of a magazine in PDF format for you to download. The first magazine became available in December, and January's issue is also available for free download from the Creative Image Maker storefront (http://stores.lulu.com/creativeimagemaker/).

There's also a new photography challenge that we'd invite you to submit your images to; entitled 'Rebirth', you can find out more here (http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk/mod/resource/view.php?id=90).

There's a proper gallery function added on to the site, and we'll be using this to display some of the best images that are sent to us - want to see your work highlighted in the magazine? Send it in! There are also several future exciting articles in the pipeline, and as usual, we'd ask you to submit your ideas / articles as well.

So, despite the somewhat turbulent year, the magazine is here and still growing - and with your help and support it will continue to do so. You can contact me at d.vickers@creativeimagemaker.co.uk or email Chris for items to be included in the PDF magazine at c.walrath@creativeimagemaker.co.uk. Of course, you can still submit images, comments and articles to the original info@creativeimagemaker.co.uk email address.

Thank you for your support, we look forward to hearing from you! All the best for 2009.

David Vickers.

Chazzy
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Is the goal here for this eventually to become a real, printed magazine? I would love to see someone make a success of a completely non-digital photography magazine, although I know that there is a lot of work and risk involved.

Toffle
01-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Congratulations on the January issue. It looks great. I would love to see more interviews. (I now know more that I ever thought I needed to know about David... :D )I like the Angels and Insects article. It would be great to feature more artists' portfolios in the future.

Cheers,
Tom:

vickersdc
01-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Chazzy:

I'd love to produce a paper version of the magazine, but we're some way off doing that. However, when I had the original idea to start this up in Dec '07, I applied for, and got, an ISSN number. That means that we can be stocked by outlets when and if the time comes. At the moment the magazine has to go to the British Library for archiving! Other than that, we'd need plenty of articles in hand and some advertising in place too. So, one for the future maybe. There are ideas about creating a yearbook; that was another idea that went around early last year. I'd be interested in everyones thoughts on the matter.

Toffle:

Chris has got together a superb magazine and portfolios is something that I hope we can build on for both the magazine and website. Those pictures in Angels & Insects were something else weren't they!

Thanks,
David.

vickersdc
02-06-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm currently working on the layout for the March special (charity) edition on Glass Plate Photography which is really exciting as it will be available for free download (PDF) or printed on real paper by Lulu - for a fee though! Although everything left after Lulu take their bit will be going to charity.

But, I'm also after doing some articles in people's native tongue (which of course means that I'm going to have to trust you to write nicely!). If you are interested in writing something in Dutch / German / Spanish / Greek (could prove interesting with the character set) or some other language, send it in to info@creativeimagemaker.co.uk - along with a brief summary of what it is about! I'd love to be able to produce a truly 'International' edition some time in the future, so if you could help, get in touch.

Many thanks,
David.

vickersdc
02-28-2009, 02:23 AM
The March 2009 edition of the magazine is available for free download now. Download it <a href="http://stores.lulu.com/creativeimagemaker">here</a>. You'll find a striking portfolio of images from Diane Kaye, Roberto Carbajo talks about the carbon printing process that he uses, there is a look at how to get to know your film better and more besides.

On the website, there's a roundup of the CiM news, a featured image from David Lingham and you can find out how I got on with trying to get the pneumatic shutter on my Pony Premo camera to work. Plus more...

The charity special edition is just being finished off and it's going to prove to be an amazing resource. With around 40 pages of articles, images, inspiration and information, from contributors such as Denise Ross, Quinn Jacobsen, Bernt LÝve Nielsen, Penobscot Marine Museum, National Museum Wales, Preston Jay Truman and Bruce Schultz (and printed in colour), it sure is going to be special!

This edition should be out over the next few days. Remember, although you are welcome to download the freebie PDF version, I hope that you will purchase the colour printed version and help raise some money for charity.

David.

vickersdc
03-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Just to let you all know that the April edition of the CiM magazine is available for free download - Chris has put together a fabulous issue that is largely dedicated to pinhole photography (images, articles and even DIY!). We'd both like to thank all the contributors that made this issue possible.

The website also has articles on shooting fireworks, a reprint of an article by Peter Rowlands (editor of Underwater Photography magazine) about the Nikonos V camera and I continue my sagas with starting out in large format photography with a 100+ year old camera.