PDA

View Full Version : Let's try it? A Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Iwagoshi
10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
4 WEEKS??!!
That's what the local shop said the turn around time will be. Anyway, I'm in the que and expect to get my slides back around Thanksgiving.

Terry

Ken Nadvornick
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
4 WEEKS??!!
That's what the local shop said the turn around time will be.

Depending on the price delta, you might look into sending directly to Dwayne's. I'm located in western Washington state and get mine back in five days. If I can get them out on a Monday (as I did this morning with my latest batch), I receive them back on the following Saturday.

Ken

Iwagoshi
10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Depending on the price delta, you might look into sending directly to Dwayne's. I'm located in western Washington state and get mine back in five days. If I can get them out on a Monday (as I did this morning with my latest batch), I receive them back on the following Saturday.

Ken

Ken,

That's my next approach, go directly to Dwayne's and cut out the middle man. I just googled "Dwayne's" and got their address.

kraker
10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Upon reading the two previous posts: Whatwhatwhat? Did we start already? I know I didn't...

Iwagoshi
10-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Well, if "Participants in each group mail each other member of their group a slide (or two) by November 30" with a 4 week processing turn around, I have about another week of shooting, no time for waiting around. Also the weather/light has been great for K64.

David A. Goldfarb
10-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Do we have groups yet, so we will know how many slides to produce?

kennethcooke
10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Sounds interesting but no idea how it will work. Fortunately somebody will know I'm sure. First started with Kodachrome II 10 asa then went onto Kodachrome II 25 asa then latterly Kodachrome 64 asa. All those packages to and from Hemel Hempstead. Now I gather it goes to the States. This is a good website by the way it did not flag up Hemel Hempstead as a mis-spell- how about that.

Currently have HP5 and FP4 loaded in my 2 M6's with a few rolls of Kodachrome 64 languishing in the freezer but no problem I have 20 Leitz stacking boxes full of slides

Ken Nadvornick
10-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Upon reading the two previous posts: Whatwhatwhat? Did we start already? I know I didn't...

No, I haven't started yet either. As David pointed out, I wouldn't know yet how many times to press the button.

These were just my own autumn colors test slides. I had previously exposed and sent a calibration roll for the camera/meter combination I intend to use. Then I tried some fall colors at my chosen setting to see how they looked.

It's been a while since I used Kodachrome in any sort of volume. And never with this particular camera and meter.

Ken

gr82bart
10-27-2008, 11:20 PM
OK, OK, settle down people, it ain't the end of the month yet. So far we have ...

gr82bart
David A. Goldfarb
MattKing
Iwagoshi
geoferrell
bdial
kodachrome64
SteveSmith
reelis67
Kraker
Ken Nadvornick
PKM-25 <-- need positive confirmation that you are in
Keeds
kennethcooke <-- are you in the exchange?
Stan160
Chris Nielsen
Ok people just a few more days to sign up. If the list doesn't grow we can have 4 groups of 4 or 2 groups of 8 or 3 groups of 6 (I will sign myself up for every group). Up to you guys.

Regardds, Art.

MattKing
10-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Art:

Groups of 4 would make sense for me - since this idea came up I've been shooting 2 or 3 of everything with that in mind.

And I sure hope Daniel (PKM-25) is in - after all, even after selling me 20 rolls, he certainly has the film! :).

Matt

michaelbsc
10-28-2008, 08:26 AM
OK, OK, settle down people, it ain't the end of the month yet. So far we have ...

gr82bart
David A. Goldfarb
MattKing
Iwagoshi
geoferrell
bdial
kodachrome64
SteveSmith
reelis67
Kraker
Ken Nadvornick
Keeds
Stan160
Chris Nielsen
Ok people just a few more days to sign up. If the list doesn't grow we can have 4 groups of 4 or 2 groups of 8 or 3 groups of 6 (I will sign myself up for every group). Up to you guys.

Regardds, Art.

Hey, you can add my name to the list. Even if I'm an odd man out.

MB

gr82bart
10-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Only a couple days left to sign up for the Kodachrome slide exchange.

gr82bart
David A. Goldfarb
MattKing
Iwagoshi
geoferrell
bdial
kodachrome64
SteveSmith
reelis67
Kraker
Ken Nadvornick
Keeds
Stan160
Chris Nielsen
michaelbsc

I need confirmation from a couple people - I'll send a PM too - or I'll have to take you guys off the list.

Also, looks like I'll stick to groups of 4.

Regards, Art.

kraker
10-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Also, looks like I'll stick to groups of 4.

In that case, I really wouldn't mind to be in two groups, to be honest. (But maybe the people in those groups *would* mind, haha!)

gr82bart
11-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys,

OK I didn't get positive confirmation from a couple people so the groups are:

Group 1:
kraker
David A. Goldfarb
MattKing
Iwagoshi

Group 2:
geoferrell
bdial
kodachrome64
SteveSmith

Group 3:
reelis67
Kraker
Ken Nadvornick
Keeds

Group4:
gr82bart
Stan160
Chris Nielsen
michaelbsc

Please send your real name and mailing address to everyone else in your group. Have fun and don't forget to scan your slides and post them in the gallery to show all.

Regards, Art.

Steve Smith
11-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Just been down to the post office to send my first one on its way. I need a couple more names and addresses now for the other two.

Steve.

Stan160
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Just had confirmation that my film that contained pictures for the exchange, which was posted on 13th October, hasn't arrived in Lausanne.

First one I've ever had go missing :-(

Never mind, it's an excuse to go shoot more Kodachrome!

Ian

kraker
11-12-2008, 01:16 AM
What a bummer, Ian. Then again, they might just show up again unexpectedly.

I've started on my last roll of Kodachrome the past weekend. I hope some shots are exchange-worthy. Still need to finish the roll, though. I've already ordered some more K64, because not having any in stock doesn't feel right ;)...

michaelbsc
11-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Just had confirmation that my film that contained pictures for the exchange, which was posted on 13th October, hasn't arrived in Lausanne.

I had a bellows for an old folder which I ordered show up in the mail box almost 4 months later. I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the US at least, if they do happen to find something old, they will attempt to deliver it no matter how old it is. Of course, if it's truly 'lost' then they aren't going to find it.

Chris Nielsen
11-17-2008, 02:56 PM
So, I've finished my 3 rolls of K64 (my first ever Kodachrome, I might add) and have couriered them to Dwayne's this past Sunday. Assuming that they come out OK (and the last roll didn't sound right running through the camera, discovered when I unloaded it that the tip of leader had bent back on itself, hope it's OK), what sort of subjects would you guys send as part of a slide exchange?? I've shot just about everything that came before my lens in an effort to see how different subjects would look on this film, part of my way of learning what to shoot different film on. So, now I've done that, what sort of stuff do you guys want me to send on? Sorry for the newb questions...

Thanks...

Chris

Stan160
11-28-2008, 07:25 AM

An email from Kodak Lausanne arrived today - the missing film was logged into their system yesterday. Just under 7 weeks UK to Switzerland, it might have been faster to walk there and deliver by hand!

Ian :)