PDA

View Full Version : Let's try it? A Kodachrome Slide Exchange

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Iwagoshi
01-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Terry:

Thanks - does it appear to have survived the mail?

Matt

Not a scratch.

kraker
01-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Wow - kraker's slide arrived yesterday here on the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada - that was fast!

And you returned the favour on the very same day! Received your slides(!) yesterday. I just took a quick look, they look great! The boat scene and a slide with a prominent tree that seems to have just the right colour for Kodachrome :). But, as others said, I hope to get the projector set up soon to appreciate them in full! Thanks, Matt, for the surprise.

For the others receiving a slide from kraker - they are very securely wrapped in unmarked protective packaging. Until I figured out how to peel the central packaging apart, I thought for a bit that I hadn't received a slide at all (just a protective stiffening board in a bubble envelope. However perseverance paid off :).

Hm, yes, sorry about that, hope it didn't cause too much confusion. I really wanted to send them out, so I didn't include any details, didn't write anything, really... So, good that you mention this for the others. I will post some details on the slides themselves in this thread later on.

The difference between various postal services was a bit odd to me. The slides I received so far (from US and Canada) all had packaging with instructions and declarations for customs etc. etc.; it seems that I don't need to complete any forms for sending mine. Isn't that easy? :)

Ken Nadvornick
01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow - kraker's slide arrived yesterday here on the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada - that was fast!

I, too, received kraker's slide just today in the Pacific Northwest corner (Seattle area) of the USA, south of Matt. I suspect his package got to me far quicker than mine got to him in December.

I don't own a slide projecter, so it's a light box and a loupe for me. A very nicely done close-up floral subject. Pleasant and peaceful. Excellent and very much worth the wait. Thanks, kraker.

This is kind of fun. Hope you guys want to do it again.

Ken

David A. Goldfarb
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Matt's arrived today. Nice job of nailing the exposure on the sunset!

Iwagoshi
01-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Group 1:
kraker
David A. Goldfarb
Iwagoshi

My slides are in the mail!
Hope you like them.

Matt

Group 1 my slides went out Monday the 26th.

Matt,
The Autumn colors are very nice.

kraker,
Again the Autumn color is nice, I love irony, but I thought McDonalds was Irish not Dutch.

Terry

David A. Goldfarb
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I got a whole page of slides from Terry today! Nice stuff.

Still haven't gotten the right combination of availability and weather for good birding yet. It may have to wait until spring migration in a couple of months, but I can usually count on some good color then.

kraker
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I got a whole page of slides from Terry today! Nice stuff.

Sorry, it's been a busy, busy week. I, too, received a whole set of slides from Terry earlier this week. Great stuff!

Makes me feel a bit... cheap. Well, the objective of the exchange was to exchange one slide each, but then again, I could have popped in a few more than one just as easily...

Anyway, crying over spilt milk left aside, this is just a GREAT exchange, and Terry, your contribution is highly valued.

Now excuse me while I go move the slides from a magazine of 36 to a magazine of 50... ;)

MattKing
02-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I too got a whole page of slides from Terry - in my case on Friday. I too felt a bit "unworthy", but I appreciate the slides anyways.

So far I've only been able to look at them by holding them up to the light, but they look great. A more detailed comment will follow.

Matt

Iwagoshi
02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Guys,
I'm glad that you got the slides. As far as the quantity, well it just felt a bit odd to send each of you one slide out of two rolls of 36. It's not like I slaved away in the darkroom to produce a print, Dwayne did the heavy lifting. Plus it gave me a chance to show off some of the local color. The slides most valuable to me are the graffiti, I can re-shot the others but "they" have since fenced off this particular area of graffiti. To the Street this particular area is sacred ground, an adhoc memorial to the artist that was killed. Now its fate is in limbo, most likely a victim to redevelopment.

Terry

Steve Smith
02-10-2009, 03:21 AM
I received three from B Dial yesterday. Haven'y had time to project them yet though. Thanks.

Steve.

David A. Goldfarb
06-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Off to Jamaica Bay with big glass and 8 rolls of K64, so if the birds cooperate, I should have some slides to send out in the not too distant future.

David A. Goldfarb
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Not as many birds as I had hoped for, but there's always something there. Shot four rolls. Should have enough keepers for the exchange. Off to Dwayne's!

MattKing
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks David - I'm looking forward to seeing it/them.

Matt

kraker
06-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Indeed. Let the exchange continue! :)

Iwagoshi
06-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Off to Jamaica Bay with big glass and 8 rolls of K64, so if the birds cooperate, I should have some slides to send out in the not too distant future.

I mis-read, missed the "Bay" part, was thinking that was an awfully quick trip to Jamaica.

David A. Goldfarb
06-17-2009, 08:52 PM
I mis-read, missed the "Bay" part, was thinking that was an awfully quick trip to Jamaica.

Just about 40 minutes on the city bus!

David A. Goldfarb
06-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Looks like I've got some good ones. I should be able to send at least three slides a piece out on Monday.

Neanderman
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Sure. That could be fun.

David A. Goldfarb
07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Just a quick note to the others in my group that I had to do a little unplanned traveling before I could get those slides to the post office. Sorry for the delay, but I'll get those out to you when I'm back in New York.

Steve Smith
07-03-2009, 02:46 AM
I sent two of my three out back in November. I'm still waiting for the third address. Ironically from user name Kodachrome 64!

Steve.