PDA

View Full Version : This is just for the heathens and blasphemers ...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

gr82bart
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Reminder that the sign up deadline is until the end of the month. Let's say the deadline to mail a print is end of November. Just in time to unwrap the plain brown wrapping paper for Christmas ... ;)

Regards, Art.

TheFlyingCamera
10-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Just wanted to goose this one back into peoples' awareness. I'd also ask since everyone is going to send one print, get one print that we all scan and post our prints so everyone gets to see.

Anyone else PLANNING to do a male nude, or are all others doing female nudes? Just curious.

Ian Leake
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not planning to do a male nude (not for any reason other than I'm not very good at them), but I'd be more than happy to receive one. And a "group show" here is an excellent idea.

Akki14
10-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Not specifically planning it as I don't have a studio setup hence my limited "old stuff" comment previously.

Thomas Bertilsson
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I haven't tried my hands at male, and if my instincts serve me correctly, I'm not sure I will. But who knows, my tastes in beauty and what I prefer to photograph may change. For this project - female. I don't mind receiving a male photograph, though.
Is this an exchange where we exchange with several others? I wouldn't mind printing up 3 or 4 prints to exchange. Then we could get some variety of things.

- Thomas

Vaughn
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
What the heck, count me in. It will be a 5x7 -- haven't decided on silver gelatin or platinum/palladium -- male or female (unless the reciepient has a preference).

Vaughn

TheFlyingCamera
10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Not specifically planning it as I don't have a studio setup hence my limited "old stuff" comment previously.

Heather-

don't let lack of a studio hamper you - my "studio" until very recently has been my dining room, a 10' x 12' room. If the weather weren't trending chilly in your part of the world, I'd even say try outdoors as a "studio". Just find a willing victim, erm, friend, and shoot away!

dpurdy
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I do have some male nude work, though I hadn't considered exchanging it. I think maybe I will send one of my male works.. of course it is not the least bit erotic but then neither is my female work.
Dennis

Akki14
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Heather-

don't let lack of a studio hamper you - my "studio" until very recently has been my dining room, a 10' x 12' room. If the weather weren't trending chilly in your part of the world, I'd even say try outdoors as a "studio". Just find a willing victim, erm, friend, and shoot away!

I think we've had this discussion a while back in APUG chat. You have a 10x12 room, I have approximately 56inches wide to work in. Maybe. If I shift things around. Need some lights too. And I have no willing victims :( They're all too shy.

gr82bart
10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Gang,

Thomas Bertilsson
gr82bart
smieglitz
TheFlyingCamera
Allen Friday
dpurdy
Ian Leake
Akki14
Vaughn
dpurdy

Note that I had this as a single exchange - similar to the blind exchange only it won't be blind.

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
And I have no willing victims :( They're all too shy.Your husband? :o

Regards, Art.

Rlibersky
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm in.

Thomas Bertilsson
10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I see your comment, Art, about single exchange. I'm still in, but misread while signing up.

If at all possible, I am willing to print up more than one image, in case somebody else is willing to trade more than one too. If it's not possible to work that out in this exchange, if you're interested, please PM me and we can do a private exchange.

- Thomas

Hi Gang,

Thomas Bertilsson
gr82bart
smieglitz
TheFlyingCamera
Allen Friday
dpurdy
Ian Leake
Akki14
Vaughn
dpurdy

Note that I had this as a single exchange - similar to the blind exchange only it won't be blind.

Regards, Art.

Ian Leake
10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
If at all possible, I am willing to print up more than one image, in case somebody else is willing to trade more than one too.

I find the idea of multiple prints appealing, Thomas, but I'm also a bit concerned about how rapidly the cost could build up (especially factoring in transatlantic shipping).

kberquist
10-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Long time lurker printing in Pt/Pd. Count me in.
Regards,
Kent

Akki14
10-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Your husband? :o

Regards, Art.

Still unwilling even after I pointed out he'd be cheaper than me hiring a model! Some people :rolleyes:

Actually he is willing to be a leg model but not upper leg :p Or any definition of nude :rolleyes:

Vaughn
10-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Still unwilling even after I pointed out he'd be cheaper than me hiring a model! Some people :rolleyes:

Actually he is willing to be a leg model but not upper leg :p Or any definition of nude :rolleyes:

There is always a self-timer, or a hubby to snap the shutter...;)

Vaughn

KWhitmore
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Is there a deadline to join? I'll have to check the availability of my darkroom first...

Kathy

Thomas Bertilsson
10-16-2008, 11:15 AM
End of October, Kathy. That's the deadline for signing up.
- Thomas

gr82bart
10-29-2008, 06:28 AM
OK folks, just a couple days left to sign up and reveal yourself as a body art harlequin! Does that make sense? Who cares ...

Thomas Bertilsson
gr82bart
smieglitz
TheFlyingCamera
Allen Friday
dpurdy
Ian Leake
Akki14
Vaughn
dpurdy
kberquist
KWhitmore <-- Get that darkroom up and running! We'd love to have you participating.
Rlibersky

Regards, Art.