PDA

View Full Version : This is just for the heathens and blasphemers ...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

keeds
10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
What are the timescales for this exchange? I've not shot a nude before. How nude is nude if you know what I mean?

Akki14
10-29-2008, 08:38 AM
What are the timescales for this exchange? I've not shot a nude before. How nude is nude if you know what I mean?

Without clothes :D

I'd say no one is going to be able to tell from a closeup if someone is totally naked or not unless the clothes are in shot but that depends on the composition and all that. If you have something in mind and can accomplish it, good on you :) But if you mean underwear or something, I'm not sure where to draw the line. I'll shut up now. :confused:

gr82bart
10-29-2008, 02:09 PM
What are the timescales for this exchange? I've not shot a nude before. How nude is nude if you know what I mean?LOL You slay me! :D

Nude is naked, no clothes, bared all, skin only, birthday suit, streaker attire, full monty. You may use props but I think everyone participating expects the print to have images of body parts not normally seen at 'family events'. Unless you're a nudist. Or a blasphemer, heathen, etc...

Let's try to get the print made and sent before November 30 so that it shows up for Christmas! Just to test the GAWDS even more.

Regards, Art.

Ian Leake
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Nude is naked, no clothes, bared all, skin only, birthday suit, streaker attire, full monty.

Even the bits outside the edge of the frame :o

Allen Friday
10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
What?!! She can't wear 6" stripper heels and be nude?

TheFlyingCamera
10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I'd say the stripper heels qualify, so long as A: she can remain upright while wearing them, and B: they're worn on the feet, not to hide the naughty bits. Incidentally, I think within the profession, anything shorter than a 6" stiletto is considered a flat.

smieglitz
10-29-2008, 03:58 PM
She? Oh, wait. This doesn't have to be a self-portrait after all, does it?

Ian Leake
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't have any 6" heels so I suppose that excludes the self portrait option

Akki14
10-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't own 6inch heels, I own 4inch high platform sandles...

Akki14
10-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh and don't forget, you can use "discretionary limbs" as my friend puts it ;) Or at least I'm keeping that in mind!

keeds
10-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok, I didn't phrase my question very well ;-) I've not shot any nudes before so it would be a learning curve for me. A lot of Ian Leake's images (which I admire) are more about the naked form and don't include the "naughty" bits as it were. That's where the how nude is nude question was coming from. Does that make it any clearer?

Ian Leake
10-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok, I didn't phrase my question very well ;-) I've not shot any nudes before so it would be a learning curve for me. A lot of Ian Leake's images (which I admire) are more about the naked form and don't include the "naughty" bits as it were. That's where the how nude is nude question was coming from. Does that make it any clearer?

Firstly thanks, and secondly sorry for not taking your question seriously (I blame Art - he's a bad influence - bad Art!).

In my opinion (which is just another opinion of course), nudes are just that - nude. Partially clothed models are not nude - they're partially clothed. I never work with partially clothed models, so even when I make a photo of someone's feet or their hand it's a nude. (Just to be a bit pedantic: none of my models are naked - they are nude. 'Naked' has a subtly different meaning to 'nude'.)

And, again just an opinion, there are no rules regarding what is or is not shown - faces, 'naughty' bits, eye contact, and scars are all up for grabs. Same goes for the model's sex. It's all down to what you and the model are happy with.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you're looking for a model let me know and I'll be more than happy to recommend some.

KWhitmore
10-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh the pressure....ok I'm in. I do like a challenge...

Kathy

keeds
10-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks Ian. Ok I'm in, if the following is acceptable. Image will more than probably not contain any "naughty bits" but will be a nude. I will attempt to use my 7x17 and create a contact lith print for this exchange. If that suits please can I join in. Drew

TheFlyingCamera
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Drew-

I was being silly when I mentioned "naughty bits". Some people draw the line for them at the waistline, others, at the neck. For the purpose of my satire, I was drawing the line at the neck.

Ian Leake
10-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks Ian. Ok I'm in, if the following is acceptable. Image will more than probably not contain any "naughty bits" but will be a nude. I will attempt to use my 7x17 and create a contact lith print for this exchange. If that suits please can I join in. Drew

Splendid - I look forward to seeing what you make Drew.

gr82bart
10-30-2008, 08:09 PM
OK people time's up to sign up. So here are the pairings. The first person named is the sender and the second person is the recipient of the sender's print.

Thomas Bertilsson --> keeds
gr82bart --> Thomas Bertilsson
smieglitz --> gr82bart
TheFlyingCamera --> smeiglitz
Allen Friday --> TheFlyingCamera
dpurdy --> Allen Friday
Ian Leake --> dpurdy
Akki14 --> Ian Leake
Vaughn --> Akki14
dpurdy --> Vaughn
kberquist --> dpurdy
KWhitmore --> kberquist
Rlibersky --> KWhitmore
keeds --> Rlibersky

Instruction to all recipients: Please send a Private Message (PM) to your respective sender with your real name and mailing address.

For those of you that are sending prints between countries, do NOT state your photograph is more than $10USD or equivalent maximum, otherwise it may stay in customs or the recipients may be hit with duty. Make sure you state that it is a GIFT and has NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.

And whatever you do, do NOT write that it is a nude photograph or anything like that. Just say it's a photograph.

Hmmm ... anyway, check out the Blind Print Exchnage FAQs for more stuff. This will be fun!

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
11-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I started a new thread in the Fine Art Nude social group to track updates on this print exchange ...

Regards, Art.

MattKing
11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
I started a new thread in the Fine Art Nude social group to track updates on this print exchange ...

Regards, Art.

Aw shucks Art, this will foil all us voyeurs! :)

Matt

gr82bart
11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Aw shucks Art, this will foil all us voyeurs! :)Just sign up Matt. We know you want to ...

Regards, Art.