PDA

View Full Version : German language group, in german language?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

cmo
10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
That's the point.
Not the US-thing, but that a forum will be formed for native English speakers and many subforums in other languages. I would like to have all expertise `available´ at one language. And I guess many people just visiting Apug (whatever their native language is) find that attractive too.

I second Klopstock's opinion describing some german forums, I think I know about these...

And I want to add one thing:

One german forum - don't ask for names - has lost its credibility by moderators pushing one manufacturer's products too obviously - don't ask for names -, the mods bully critics, agitate against everyone who does not share their opinions.

This forum here is much more civilized, with a focus on helpful answers, with much more tolerance.

That's why I like APUG.

Ulrich Drolshagen
10-06-2008, 11:01 AM
This forum here is much more civilized, with a focus on helpful answers, with much more tolerance.

But it is not so in itself. I fear, we germans have a typical culture of discourse which we will, as a whole, carry with us wherever we go. The "english" forums may be more civilized as they are affected by a more anglo-saxon serenity which rubbs off even to germans. Make a german forum inside apug and you will have the same bickering as in a certain german forum right now.
A german forum in apug will not make our style of discussion more civilized we can only learn to civilize ourself wherever we are. We should try that in that certain german forum. It's worth it.

just my 2¢

Ulrich

PS: leo.org did help in writing this in english

Ulrich Drolshagen
10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
sorry, mistakenly posted

cmo
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
But it is not so in itself. I fear, we germans have a typical culture of discourse which we will, as a whole, carry with us wherever we go. The "english" forums may be more civilized as they are affected by a more anglo-saxon serenity which rubbs off even to germans. Make a german forum inside apug and you will have the same bickering as in a certain german forum right now.
A german forum in apug will not make our style of discussion more civilized we can only learn to civilize ourself wherever we are. We should try that in that certain german forum. It's worth it.

just my 2¢

Ulrich

PS: leo.org did help in writing this in english

As I wrote before, it is not only a matter of users but also of moderators. There are forum rambos in all languages, but a good moderator tames them.

Well, and I know one forum where the opposite is done. Sometimes it's not the guests but the pub owner that fails.

tef312
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
No Ulrich, I don't think so. This doesn't have anything to do with german mentality and cmo said the truth when he said:Sometimes it's not the guests but the pub owner that fails.

ath
10-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I support this idea.

Ulrich Drolshagen
10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
As I wrote before, it is not only a matter of users but also of moderators. There are forum rambos in all languages, but a good moderator tames them.

Well, and I know one forum where the opposite is done. Sometimes it's not the guests but the pub owner that fails.

May be. But besides a regrettable bias towards a certain member with commercial interests I see much helplessness in keeping chequered discussions from getting personal. To cool down before this happens I see in the responsibility of all members. I think this discussion does not belong to this place. I will not take this any further.

Ulrich

franchal
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Why do we not use the APUG and the smaller but even fine APHOG (www.aphog.de) ?

Ole
10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
It seems that some members here have "issues" with APHOG, and that should be the end of that discussion.

As to moderation of a Deutschsprachiger Unterforum - I believe I could handle that with a little help from everybody. I read German well enough, until you get too personal and colloquial. At that point I am certain that someone will alert me to what I've missed, so that I can see if I would want to take further measures.

So if the consensus is that the moderation here on APUG functions tolerably well, there is no reason to suppose that it will be otherwise in a German subforum. ;)

cmo
10-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Ole, let's do it - and tusen takk!

tef312
10-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Yes let's do it! An independent moderator is a good idea

mono
10-07-2008, 02:38 AM
You`ll have my support!

skahde
10-07-2008, 06:19 AM
As I said in the 2nd thread about this question: I'd appreciate it a lot!

best

Stefan

cmo
10-07-2008, 07:01 AM
So if the consensus is that the moderation here on APUG functions tolerably well, there is no reason to suppose that it will be otherwise in a German subforum. ;)

And you have better jokes here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum47/44878-joke-thread.html

:D:D:D:D:D:D

cmo
10-07-2008, 07:52 AM
---

RKT5
11-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Hallo,

scheint wohl kein Bedarf zu bestehen.
Ich würde es gut finden.

mono
11-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Sei angeblich schon in Vorbereitung!??

tef312
12-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Hallo,

scheint wohl kein Bedarf zu bestehen.
Ich würde es gut finden.

Bedarf besteht sicher. At aphog freedom of speech doesn't exist and it's not allowed to critisize Maco. If you do it, the thread will be closed or your account will be closed and there are some "special users" who always appear just in such a situation to defend Maco or to say something bad about other companies. So aphog in reality is no independent forum where you can discuss freely.

But don't forget, there is also the independent www.vfdkv-forum.de in german language an you don't need to be a member of VFDKV to subscribe to the forum!

tef312

RKT5
12-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Hello tef312

i know aphog. I was ;-) a member for some months.

Das vfdkv-forum finde ich ganz gut. Aber die Bedingungen für eine Mitgliedschaft sind mir etwas zu streng.
Ich denke hier könnte sich ein deutsches Forum gut als alternative zu den bestehenden etablieren.

rkt5

tef312
12-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Im VFDKV-Forum gibts keinerlei Bedingungen für eine Mitgliedschaft!