PDA

View Full Version : German language group, in german language?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

cmo
10-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Hi,

APUG.ORG has forums in english, french and dutch language.

Who is interested in creating a group in german language for members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland??

---

Hi,

APUG.ORG hat englische, französische und holländische Foren.

Wer hat Interesse an einer Gruppe in deutscher Sprache für Forenten in Deutschland. Österreich und der Schweiz?

mono
10-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Finde ich auch langsam überfällig.

Obwohl, es gibt ja auch noch aphog.de...

rst
10-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I would stop by in the German sub forums from time to time. But what I like about APUG is, that it is international. That means that you reach far more people in the English part of APUG. If it is just about talking traditional photography in German, then there are already some forums in German outside of APUG (mono gave an example). My point: For me, a single tiny sub forum to talk about German/Austria/Switzerland related topics like get-togethers or the like would be enough and even using German to talk about get-togethers may keep away people not speaking German, who would otherwise join such a meeting. To lock those people out would be a pity.

ciao
-- Ruediger

rst
10-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Oh well, maybe I understood your post totally wrong and you talked about one of those "social groups" (http://www.apug.org/forums/groups). Such a group might be pretty easy to install - not that I ever tried it ;) There is already a very engaged Scandinavian group. Why not have a German group too.

ciao
-- Ruediger

tef312
10-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Hi!

Ja das ist überfällig. A group in german language ist a very good idea. There are many analog photographers in german speaking countries and regions and for the traditional Photography Germany is one of the most important countries. The Apug is international and I find this very good. A german speaking forum shouldn't be a forum against the english forums but a forum in addition to the english speaking forums.

Ole
10-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Just to explain how the Scandinavian "forum" works:

There is a "Social Group", which is linked to the "Regional Forum". We don't have a full forum like French and Dutch, just the "regional focus group".

It's useful in that it allows us to write in our own language - sometimes it's easier to get an idea across in one's own language. Then, if the question isn't answered, someone will help translate it to English and put it in the international forum.

Let's face it: We are not all perfect in English.

tef312
10-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Yes that's true!

Uhner
10-06-2008, 05:20 AM
I agree that the Scandinavian ”Forum” works quite well, and it might be a good solution for a German language “Forum”

AgX
10-06-2008, 05:29 AM
I don't favour a German language group (forum?) at all.

Apug to me is an international forum yielding views, concepts etc. much more divergent than a regional forum could offer. And a German language based forum will be something regional in this meaning, to my understanding.

Nonetheless I got my difficulties with the current Apug due to the US-dominance. But let's rather bring in other aspects than segregate.
Yes, there is that language problem. Something giving me a daily headache. But that's the price for the benefit of an international forum.

For those who want to regionalize (proper English?), there are German language forums already (eg. `aphog.de´). Rather use them than splitting Apug more. And by this weakening its appearance.

I must admit though that I'm not that consistant in my very own behaviour as sometimes you will find me in the Dutch language forum posting in Dutch...
However, to my understanding there is no similar Dutch forum outside Apug.

Following this argumentation one could see Apug as a base for those regions where a local forum could not be established. But then again that would weaken the Apug appearance.

Anscojohn
10-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Eine Gruppe in der Deutschen Sprache wird mir mein Schuldeutsch üben erlauben.

tef312
10-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Rather use them than splitting Apug more. And by this weakening its appearance.

This is a little bit strange, why should the Apug be weakened if there would be a german group at the apug? And the apug wouldn't be splitted if there would be one group more. The apug would be stronger because more people would join the apug and then even more people would post in the english speaking forums.

cmo
10-06-2008, 06:42 AM
tef, there ARE reasons why german forum members are looking for an alternative to the existing german forums.

There will be no weakening if we can speak in different languages here including german and ask our questions in different cultures even.

AgX
10-06-2008, 06:58 AM
I fear (a big word) that regional subgroups would not only discuss very local topics, which would be ok, but also would keep themselves off the `major´ group making a parallel forum.

The appearance of Apug, as I put it, could be changed in a way that it rather becomes a bundle of groups doing their own discussions. Instead of what it currently is: a Forum of people from all (read: many) parts of the world bringing in their different expertise an curiosity on different topics.

Tef,

There is that language barrier, and a subgroup of its own language would not neccessarily make members of that group post in English. Rather the opposite.

cmo
10-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I fear (a big word) that regional subgroups would not only discuss very local topics, which would be ok, but also would keep themselves off the `major´ group making a parallel forum.

Why should they do so? I myself would in fact post in two or more languages to discuss about the same thing and get different points of view from different countries and cultures.

The appearance of Apug, as I put it, could be changed in a way that it rather becomes a bundle of groups doing their own discussions. Instead of what it currently is: a Forum of people from all (read: many) parts of the world bringing in their different expertise an curiosity on different topics.

Am I the only one who finds that there is no reason for your Apugophobia? Do you really believe that all these forum members that don't speak a word of german/french/dutch/sanskrit or whatever would suddenly jump into the "local" german forum, lock the door and throw away the key?

There is that language barrier, and a subgroup of its own language would not neccessarily make members of that group post in English. Rather the opposite.

As I said, many people will post in different languages. If they speak that language. "US domination" that you dislike will keep the english language forum alive.

Look at the small Leica forum:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/

German and english in one forum, and it works fine though it is a very small forum only.

Gerd Orfey
10-06-2008, 07:17 AM
I am against this.

There are some german language forums dedicated only to analogue photography. Why weaken them by offering a competing german group here ?

www.aphog.de
www.phototec.de
www.hobbyphoto-forum.de

-----------

Ich bin dagegen.

Es gibt einige deutsche Foren die sich ausschließlich mit analoger Fotografie beschäftigen. Warum sollte man diese Schwächen indem man ein deutsches Konkurrenzforum hier eröffnet?

---------
Gerd

Chazzy
10-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Nonetheless I got my difficulties with the current Apug due to the US-dominance.

There's not much that we can about that--we're simply a big country with a large population. It's inevitable that there will be a lot of Americans on APUG.

Uhner
10-06-2008, 08:14 AM
There are some german language forums dedicated only to analogue photography. Why weaken them by offering a competing german group here ?

Ok, without being all that familiar with the German forums you mention, I believe that is a valid point.

AgX
10-06-2008, 08:53 AM
"US domination" that you dislike will keep the english language forum alive.

That's the point.
Not the US-thing, but that a forum will be formed for native English speakers and many subforums in other languages. I would like to have all expertise `available´ at one language. And I guess many people just visiting Apug (whatever their native language is) find that attractive too.

Klopstock
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Da kann ich nur sagen: bin dabei. Die Unkenrufe, daß man so die deutschen Foren schwächen würde, mußten wohl sein.

Der Zustand des einen oder anderen Forums ist bedauernswert, in einem passiert nichts mehr, in einem wenig und in einem anderen wird nur noch gestritten, und die Moderatoren schließen ein Thema nach dem anderen, nachdem sie vorher erst noch mit gestritten und aufgehetzt haben.

Nicole
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Bin auf jeden fall dabei. Hier gibt es schon die moeglichkeit fuer andere Sprachen, Franzoesisch, usw... warum auch nicht Deutsch?
Great idea. There are already other languages on APUG.