PDA

View Full Version : New ADOX Variotone Warmtone Paper

Pages : [1] 2

ADOX Fotoimpex
10-07-2008, 05:03 PM
We presented a new paper at Photokina: ADOX Fine Print Variotone

This paper is a warmtone emulsion coated onto a bright white base and was created by Harman Technology for ADOX acording to the requirements set by ADOX and Wolfgang Moersch (a well known German fine printer).

The paper tones very nicely and instantly responds to various developers with a change in tonality. Together with our yet to produce MCC, this paper is our top of the line product. Freestyle will carry it as soon as the shippment arrives in the US.
In Germany we already have first formats in stock.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shawn Dougherty
10-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll certainly give it a try. I was very impressed with the samples of MCC I received. Good luck. Shawn

bdial
10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Is this the paper reviewed in the current View Camera magazine?

David A. Goldfarb
10-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Any projection as to when the shipment should arrive at Freestyle? I've been checking over there occasionally to see if they have it yet.

ath
10-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Mirko, are there plans to produce an RC version of variotone as well?

I got samples at photokina and hope to try it in the next few days.

mrtoml
10-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Does it lith? And where can we get it in the UK?

ADOX Fotoimpex
10-08-2008, 05:21 AM
David,

we only have two formats in stock right now. The paper is beeing coated and cut to fill the stock currently (one masterroll = two formats). Freestyle will get their shipment as a whole once all formats are made.

I hope it takes no longer than 4-6 weeks (including transit) before they can ship.

Kind regards,

Mirko

ADOX Fotoimpex
10-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Mark,

Variotone does not lith. This is the only downside if you want to call it this but we made this decision on purpose. The choices were to make the best warmtone printing paper on the planet (in Wolfgang Moersch´s and our opinion) and forgett about the lith capability or make it less perfect for regular printing and incorporate the option to have it used as a lith paper as well.

We decided to make it the best printing paper and bring out a lith only paper later. Until then we recomend ADOX Nuance and Fomatone for lith printing.

In England Retro and Silverprint wil be carrying the ADOX Fine Print Variotone.

Kind regards,

Mirko

ADOX Fotoimpex
10-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Andreas,

currently there are no such plans because we have MCP. It can also be developed to a warmer tone and should cover most users demands for a premium quality RC paper.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Bob Carnie
10-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Mirko

Is this a fibre paper , and if so does it come in large rolls??

Bob

matthewbetcher
10-08-2008, 04:11 PM
yes, large rolls please!!!!

Tom Stanworth
10-09-2008, 12:55 AM
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for a paper meeting the bright white base description for a loooong time. The demise of MCC was a killer and I am glad it is back. The demise of Forte PWT hurt and the silent disappearance of Fotospeed Legacy some time ago was also a great shame. This paper sounds great. I am not a fan of warm bases for general use, but they do find occasional favour.

ADOX Fotoimpex
10-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Guys,

we are cutting the paper up to 70x100 cm in sheets.
Do you still want large rolls in addition to this ?

The paper is listed in our webshop alreaday. Here you can see all sizes made:

http://www.fotoimpexshop.de/cgi-bin/shop/de/shop_main.cgi?func=searchdo&sfields=&sbeg=Variotone

Kind regards,

Mirko

Bob Carnie
10-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes
We print murals here at our location and are interested in 30 , 40 , and 50 inch rolls. Preferably 100ft.

Guys,

we are cutting the paper up to 70x100 cm in sheets.
Do you still want large rolls in addition to this ?

The paper is listed in our webshop alreaday. Here you can see all sizes made:

http://www.fotoimpexshop.de/cgi-bin/shop/de/shop_main.cgi?func=searchdo&sfields=&sbeg=Variotone

Kind regards,

Mirko

ADOX Fotoimpex
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Bob,

we have not tested the paper for laser suitability yet but I expect it not to be laser ready.
You will probably get better results from our MCC once it is there.
Can you print with your lambda on Ilford Multigrade Warmtone ?

Kind regards,

Mirko

apochromatic
10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Great news with a plan for MCC but will it have a white base? That was what I really liked about the Agfa paper and the Harman WA is too highly coloured and in-your-face.

Bob Carnie
10-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Mirko

Sometimes happy accidents happen, Agfa Classic was not expected to work in the Lambda and I used it quite successfully for three years before the introduction of Harmon Digital Fibre.
Also I still have a demand for enlarger murals which the last time I checked did not require lasers.

What I am really hoping for is a paper on top of Ilford Warmtone that is highly lithable that comes in large rolls.

Bob

Bob,

we have not tested the paper for laser suitability yet but I expect it not to be laser ready.
You will probably get better results from our MCC once it is there.
Can you print with your lambda on Ilford Multigrade Warmtone ?

Kind regards,

Mirko

Bruce Osgood
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
In my (seemingly) never ending search for the right paper I wanted to give this a try. But my search for answers regarding grade filtration only turns up suggestions for Ilfords' Multigrade Filters on the ADOX site. I have a color Chromega head with 170cc of each Yellow and Magenta that will produce thousands of combinations of mixed filtration.

Is there available a grade suggestion for Kodak type filtration for this and other ADOX papers?

Thank you,

ADOX Fotoimpex
02-19-2009, 11:54 AM
We found out that the grade filtration is very close to that of Ilford Multigrade Warmtone FB.

You can take the starting values from the Ilford Fact sheet.

Kind regards,

Mirko

alt photophile
04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Mirko
I just recently tried this paper (from Freestyle) and I liked it the best of 4 papers I was trying. I am wondering if you have plans to make a 50 sheet box of 11x14? I can't find that it is available that way (those pesky envelopes are a pain to work with).
Thanks!