PDA

View Full Version : Near Sacramento

monkeykoder
10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Anybody have a particular favorite place to shoot near Sacramento? I know it is a little on the podunk side and nobody actually lives here but I'm getting bored with the river between my apartment and Sac State and I'm looking for places that would be worth the bike ride.

Vaughn
10-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I have enjoyed photographing along the levees near Rio Vista.

Vaughn

23mjm
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Old Town?? Towr Bridge?? River Front. Folsom long bike ride!!!

monkeykoder
10-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Old town is good I never think about it now that I moved from downtown to the east side of Sacramento. Folsom sure would be a long bike ride but I guess if I'm going out there for brewing supplies anyways I might as well get some shots (I do have a car I just hate to drive).

spark
10-10-2008, 11:04 AM
also maybe a long bike ride, but the old bridges and levees along the Yolo bypass north of town around the airport are interesting subjects. More so after a good rain, does your bike have fenders?

vdonovan
10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Railroad museum!

darinwc
11-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Capitol park.. Effie-Yaw nature center.. K-street mall.. anywhere on the american river bike trail.. Davis Arboretum.. river delta..

Timing is everything in Sac.. halloween in oldtown is fun, sorry if you missed it. Right now try to concentrate on city/landscape right after a rainstorm. When it is dull and grey go shoot people, er, take photos of people.

darinwc
11-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Oh, and FYI, there is a brew supply shop on Auburn Blvd.. may be a bit closer to you than folsom, but not a plesent ride.
I stopped by there once to get some grape tanin (for photo toning=])

monkeykoder
11-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh, and FYI, there is a brew supply shop on Auburn Blvd.. may be a bit closer to you than folsom, but not a plesent ride.
I stopped by there once to get some grape tanin (for photo toning=])

That place is awful the employees there are downright rude the only day that they might have decent people is Sunday and that is if they decide to be open (they randomly close the store for no reason.) I'll stick to the brew shop in Folsom.

darinwc
11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
good to know.. im not a brewer but i play one on the net

monkeykoder
11-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Brewing is fun and a great excuse to get the buddies together and have a few brewskies.

ohisee
12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
take 5 northwest get off at the knights landing exit (its like 1-2 exist past the sac airport, and right before 113 exchange) go right. There are a lot of industrial and farm scapes out here and also a huge factory that lifts 18 wheeler up to a 60 to degree angle, its awsome to see if nothing else...take left on E. kentucky to see this...Also when you go right after the exit just keep going strait for aprx. 4 miles and right when you pass Hwy 16 go left into Hass ranch tons of crazy rusted up old cars, tractors, buses, crains...this place great for the anything intusrial and you can buy there stuff i think its like 35 cents pound...there only open from 7am -12pm.

stealthman_1
01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
The ride from Sac State to Folsom isn't that bad! It's slightly downhill going home and there is some great stuff to shoot. The bridges, Old Town, if you have a small tripod, the old Folsom Power House (not the bar) is great to shoot on the weekend (not open during the week). I need to pack my stuff up and head your way...I'm bored at the moment of this upriver stuff.:D