PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2009" - The 4th Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Toffle
06-20-2009, 10:14 AM
10:20 arrival in TVC, then a rental car up to Bill's.

I know this is premature, but I'm optimistically aiming for 6:00 P.M. next Friday. I figure I can save a couple of hours by packing early and leaving straight from work. Nobody at home wants to come with me... go figure. :rolleyes: Mixed success in the darkoom this week... (doing a set of Caffenol prints... you can never be sure how they will work out)... might have some interesting stuff to show. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. Too bad Nic's not going to be there. She added a lot to last year's event.

Cheers,

Travis Nunn
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I made it up to Toledo today. 10 hours of driving a day is plenty. I'm hoping to be up there with the rest of you guys sometime around lunch time tomorrow.

I am bringing some locally brewed beer with me for anyone who wants to taste Richmond's finest. I have never tried Oberon (I'll assume its beer).

BirgerA
06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm still in Oslo, Norway, but will be with you on Friday. Really looking forward to this.

Regards

Birger A.

jmxphoto
06-21-2009, 10:55 PM
If anybody has a use for some Arista 35mm bulk load iso400 100' and iso100 50' both expired earlier this year, msg me and I'll bring it. I also have some uncoded 35mm canisters too. I just rarely shoot 35mm anymore.

North Light Press
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Great to see everyone here! The crowd is growing by the day. Sandy arrived last night. Kerik and Ike the night before. Having a blast already and looking forward to seeing all still to come. Please remember to print out your schedules before coming. There is also a schedule posted on the board in the lobby of the Birchwood. Come on up and join us!

Hope your trip goes well Birger!!

Bill

BirgerA
06-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I arrived in the US last Monday, and will be joining you tomorrow.

Best regards

Birger A.

jmxphoto
06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, hopefully around noon-1pm! Can't wait.

North Light Press
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Looking forward to seeing you both James and Birger!

Just closing down Thursday with a print viewing in the lobby. There is some spectacular work here!!!

Shelby arrives tomorrow and the party starts at the Birchwood at 7PM. Still time to join us!

Bill

mjs
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry that I won't be able to join y'all this year. I've got a virus or something; you wouldn't want me to be sharing quite this much, I think. Have a good time, everyone, and pour a cold one for me!

Mike

North Light Press
06-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Man... What a great time I had... even with my messed up back. Shelby, Kerik, Ike, Joe, Sandy and EVERYONE... it was a pleasure to have you all around here this week. I can't believe it is almost over. Sitting here in the house alone after Shelby's presentation and dinner at the Whitecaps and it is so.... quiet. It's going to take awhile to absorb it all.

Thanks again everyone! You all made it the best year yet. Time for my meds and bed. :)

Bill

Mayfair710
06-28-2009, 02:49 PM
thank you bill for another great 'photostock'. it was great to see familiar folks again, meet new ones, see everyones incredible portfolios, travel the countryside, and meet and listen to shelby lee adams....his presentation last night was SO interesting and a great addition to the event...

i do hope you are feeling better and that your back improves by leaps and bounds.

i can't wait to find a way to tell michael ray johnston that i had my portrait done by you, with HIS old camera! what a small small world.

~~marianne

patrickjames
06-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Bummer! I am traveling around the US right now and remembered "doesn't Bill have a get together every JULY?" Came here today to find out and it is already over with! It would have been great to meet the attendees. I wish I would have seen this sooner. Oh well.

Jeff Bannow
06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks again Bill for arranging this. The wet plate workshop was great, and the whole event will likely be the highlight of our summer. We've got at least 20 rolls and countless sheets of film to process now.

Good to see everyone again, and meet new friends. Can't wait for next year!

Toffle
06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
... and I can't wait to see Marianne's new Paladium prints next year. :D

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make Photostock an event to remember. It was great to meet Keric, and it was inspiring to see Shelby's slides and to hear his portfolio critiques. I'm sorry I missed Sandy. (I blame my boss... he he) The portfolio sharing and resulting print exchange were high points for me. (I walked away with an wonderful Travis Nunn infrared print and a super Jeff and Eva special. Thanks to each of you.) This was the first time my own prints have been viewed by a discerning audience, and I appreciate the encouragement that people showed me, especially with my coffee prints.

Of course, none of this could have come to pass without Bill's tireless effort. Bad back and all, Bill was busier than the Energizer Bunny all weekend. Thank you, Bill... thank you.

It was wonderful to see old friends again, and to meet new friends brougth together through the love of good photography.

I can't wait till next year!

Cheers,

Thomas Bertilsson
06-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Well, I'm mighty sorry I missed this year's Photostock, and I'm determined to make it next year.

Sounds like, by all accounts, as if this year's endeavor was really awesome. I can't wait to hear the stories and see all the resulting photographs.

- Thomas

arcman
06-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey all...just got "home" and unpacked...an obvious mega-thanks to Bill for the truely amazing amount of work he put into this event...Marianne - I'll probably talk to Mike later tonight and I'll fill him in on the small world encounter...If you'd like his contact info send me a p.m. Thanks to all...I had a great time...
-Don

winger
06-28-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm actually still up here (driving back tomorrow), but I wanted to say I had a great time. The print exchange and portfolio sharing were great. Hearing Shelby's comments on some portfolios was very educational and his talk was fantastic. I don't know how Bill did as much as he did with his back - take it easy and heal, Bill!
I haven't counted the number of rolls I have to develop, but I think I used most of the sheet film I had loaded. I'll have to come back again, as it was sunny at O'Neal lake and I wanted clouds. Can't wait!

jmxphoto
06-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks again Bill! I posted some digi pics already from the events:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmxphoto/sets/72157620701208366/

Can't wait to develop (or have developed as I don't do color) my couple rolls. I had a great time and it's a wonderful community to be a part of.

Travis Nunn
06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I left just before Shelby's presentation, drove through the night and got back to Richmond just before noon today. I, too, really enjoyed seeing everyone's prints and exchanging prints with others.

The best part of all was meeting lots of new people, making some new friendships and seeing some old friends as well. This really was a great time!

Thanks to Bill most of all. You really did a superb job!

Mark Fisher
06-28-2009, 11:08 PM
It was a great event and the workshop leaders should be commended for the great job they did and the generous way they did mini-seminars for the non-workshop participants (yeah, I'll fix that next year). It was great to put faces to names and see all the great work people are doing. I'm thinking I may just have to give gum over Pt a try after seeing Kerik's and Ike's work! Hopefully I'll be posting some images in a week or so.

Lastly, Bill deserves an amazing round of applause. It was a hard thing to put together and run.....and with a bum back, it had to be really tough. Take the time to heal, Bill!

Mark