PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2009" - The 4th Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Marc Akemann
07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know.... I have found 2 places in the Richmond area where I can get me some Oberon! One bar, one store (which also sells the mini kegs). I'm happy!

It's a seasonal brew (Mar. 30 to October). If you stash some away for winter, keep it cold. It is a rather awesome ale.

Marc

mfophotos
07-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Bill, thanks for your hard work and I can't imagine how you got through it in your condition. I'll see what i can do to help out next year! I had a great time, even though I was only there a few days. It was great seeing the work of others and all the chatting was informative.

I put up a few pics on flickr of some of the people there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfobrien/sets/72157620744534809/

Andrew Moxom
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Oberon... Nectar of the Gods!! Travis, I bought some Sam Adams Imperial White yesterday.... It will knock your **** in the dirt!!! I'm looking forward to Photostock next year!! Actually, I am coming back to Harbor Springs at the end of July with the family. Don, Bill, if you guys are around, we could meet up for lunch, or something???

A.

arcman
07-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Andy...Sent p.m.- hope we can get together.
-Don

Marc Akemann
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
A few new candid photos are up on the Photostock '09 Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/groups/photostock/pool/ . Good times!

Marc

Travis Nunn
07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Great shots Marc! Good times, indeed!

Dan Henderson
07-14-2009, 07:01 AM
thanks everyone for sharing these; what great memories. Can't wait for 2010!

smieglitz
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
If anyone has contact info for the two women in this photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmxphoto/3669677681/in/pool-photostock), could you please PM me with it? I made a few ambrotypes of the mother on her birthday Saturday during a wetplate demo and I'd like to mail the plates to them once the processing is finished. Any help in contacting them would be appreciated as I did not get their names...

I've tried emailing the address Jeff kindly provided, but so far I have not received a response. Perhaps I've been caught by a spam filter or something. If anyone is in contact with Chris or her mother Angie, could you please relay a message to them that I'm trying to get their ambrotypes to them and I need their postal address. Thanks.

Joe

Jeff Bannow
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I've tried emailing the address Jeff kindly provided, but so far I have not received a response. Perhaps I've been caught by a spam filter or something. If anyone is in contact with Chris or her mother Angie, could you please relay a message to them that I'm trying to get their ambrotypes to them and I need their postal address. Thanks.

Joe

I sent her a message via Facebook for you. I'll let you know if I can get in touch.

- Jeff

papagene
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Joe - If I see Chris in the next few days I will pass on your message to her. I have also been trying to contact her for meetings of the Valley Photo Center.

gene

billschwab
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Any of you present at Photostock know of the back pain ordeal that took its toll on me and parts of the schedule this year. Not normally one to complain much (especially knowing others facing much larger challenges), I figured I'd spare folks further talk of the subject. However, I've had so many kind emails, calls, etc that I felt I should let people know what's been going on.

Well... I gave it the good fight, but after a couple runs to Emergency, MRI's and a crazy amount of pain killers, it's become painfully (no pun intended) obvious that something else needed to be done. It seems there is a fragment of a herniated disc that broke off and is now floating around in there playing havoc with my spinal cord and the nerves connecting it to my left leg. So, here I am again on my back in my hospital room while awaiting surgery in the morning. I've got a great neurosurgeon who assures me it is a common operation and that I should be almost as good as new in a week or so. From my current perspective it is hard to believe, but with any luck I'll finally be on the mend by this time tomorrow.

Anyway... The outpouring of support, good wishes, and just plain kindness that has come my way this past month has been.. well, wonderful and I hope you'll all forgive me for being lazy and using this post to thank you.

Thanks to ALL of You!!

Bill

papagene
07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Good luck tomorrow Bill. Here's to a very speedy recovery.

gene

Travis Nunn
07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey Bill, good luck to you. At least you're getting it taken care of. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Dan Henderson
07-27-2009, 08:07 PM
hey Bill...best of luck with the surgery. Let me know if you need any help getting things ready for the trip.
Dan

winger
07-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Best of luck tomorrow! I hope the surgery does the trick and you don't have to go through this anymore!

jp80874
07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Good Luck from the Powers house. Get yourself back together boy. You are acting like Old Folks and we have a lock on that routine.

Pops Powers and Dolly.

CGross
07-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Bill I wish you all the best tomorrow! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Jeff Bannow
07-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Good luck! We'll keep you in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

thebanana
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I coulda done the surgery at half the cost. My "certificate" from the University of P.O Box 1313 in Nigeria is supposed to be in tomorrow's mail. Can you wait?

Gim
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
It did not look like the normal back spasm. Listen to your Doc and good luck.

Best, Jim