PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2009" - The 4th Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

North Light Press
03-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi Bethe,

I'm still awaiting a call from their "events planner" and am going to nudge them a bit. I should know soon and will contact you as soon as I find out.

Bill

North Light Press
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM
We have already aided in renting out 2 cabins in the area for the event, but another has just been made available to us. Kauffman's Flower Farm has a wonderful cabin sleeping 6 that sits on a hill over their flower farm. It has a hot tub, fire circle and is very private. If several people wanted to go in on this, it would be ideal and very inexpensive. I think they charge $750.00 for the week and the week of Photostock is still available. They also have weekend and nightly rates.

www.vrbo.com/66391
or
www.kauffmanscabininthewoods.com/

or you can contact Mary Kauffman at their Flower Farm.

http://kauffmanflowerfarm.com

Hope this works out for someone! Get it while you can!

Jeff Bannow
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
We have already aided in renting out 2 cabins in the area for the event, but another has just been made available to us. Kauffman's Flower Farm has a wonderful cabin sleeping 6 that sits on a hill over their flower farm.

Eva & I would be interested in splitting it if anyone else is. We will be up there for the entire event.

smieglitz
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Here's one from me:

http://my.net-link.net/~jsmigiel/images/Sturgeon_Bay.jpg

Sturgeon Bay

winger
03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Eva & I would be interested in splitting it if anyone else is. We will be up there for the entire event.
I could be in on it, too. Does "sleeps 6" mean 3 rooms for 2 people each? And I'm thinking of driving up Tues or Wed and coming back Mon (29th).

jmxphoto
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM

I'd hit up 1 bed for fri & sat. A new addition to the fam means this'll be just a 3 day weekend for me. If not, s'ok.

Jeff Bannow
03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
A couple of Eva's prints from last year ...

http://jeffbannow.com/temp/Untitled-1.jpg

http://jeffbannow.com/temp/Untitled-2.jpg

Dinesh
03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Man, it looks like it's going to be a blast.

Wish I could be there, but as Bill will tell you, I'm pretty whipped! :p

North Light Press
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Any word on a discount at the Best Western?Hi again Bethe. I just got a call from the Best Western in harbor and they said they will be offering a discount for Photostock guests. It will still be a couple days before they have something in place however. I am promised a call back with rates in the next 2 days. I'll announce this as soon as I know. They have 50 rooms there and I am told that there will be space available.

Marc Akemann
03-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Here are a couple from last year, Bill.

Marc Akemann

jp80874
04-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Shelby Lee Adams on cable Ovation TV

The True Meaning of Pictures
The True Meaning of Pictures addresses the issue of representation in documentary photography by examining the work of American photographer Shelby Lee Adams. This documentary seeks to spend time with the subjects of Adams' work, in order to get to know them better and address the controversy and response Adams' photographs generate, which involves the politics of representation. Both strands of the film will combine to explore the larger-- and also self-reflexive-- issue of whether it is possible to "document" a community. The emotional intention is to compel viewers to move beyond voyeurism into empathy, so that by the end of the film they will feel authentically connected to people with whom they assume they have nothing in common.

Monday, April 13, 2009 09:00PM
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:00AM, 02:00AM
Saturday, April 18, 2009 08:00PM, 11:00PM
Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:00PM

John Powers

Jeff Bannow
04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Shelby Lee Adams on cable Ovation TV

Sounds interesting - too bad I don't receive that channel. Anyone know if it's available on DVD?

wildbill
04-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Places to stay; My folks have two guest houses with full amenities on their property in Cross Village if anyone is interested. They are usually taken for most of the summer months but as of right now they're available for Photostock. Prices are quite reasonable. PM me for their phone #.

vinny

wildbill
04-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Hey Bill, here's a shot from Photostock 2008 if I'm not too late. Website below. It's looking like I'll be around this year for at least a few days.

North Light Press
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Sounds interesting - too bad I don't receive that channel. Anyone know if it's available on DVD?No worries Jeff. I am going to have a small "theater" set-up with a projector and we will be screening several photographer documentaries over the course of the event. This Shelby Lee Adams movie is one we will be screening.

Thanks for the notice on your folk's place and the image Vinny!!! Never too late. I still have work to do on the gallery.

Bill

North Light Press
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Just a quick note to say that today is the last day for early registration. I'll cut it off at midnight eastern time. Registrations will still be open after that, but the gift print will no longer be offered.

www.photostock2009.com

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with the number of advanced registrations and want to thank everyone for their support of this year's event. We have also had an extremely good response for the workshops and it looks as though they will be closed down soon. I am finalizing the numbers today and will make an announcement regarding them later today.

Thanks again!

Bill

mjs
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Cripes, we're going to need name tags this year. "Howdy, Partner! I'm mjs on Apug!"

:) Mike

North Light Press
04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Hello Again Everyone,

I'm happy to report that all workshops for this year's Photostock are now full. We will still be taking reservations for alternates however. Alternate spaces will be on a first come basis in the order they were signed-up. If you are intersted in becoming an alternate, please sign-up HERE (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/register_form.html). Be sure to choose the workshop you wish to be considered for.

Cripes, we're going to need name tags this year. "Howdy, Partner! I'm mjs on Apug!"Still plenty of room for everyone Mike! Many so far are familiar faces, but there are also a lot of new folks. Some from as far away as Norway!

Basic Registration (http://www.photostock2009.com/register.html) for the Photostock event is still open.

Thanks again to everyone!

Bill

Toffle
04-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Finally got off my duff and clicked send... See you in June. (I'll bring some Canadian brews. :D )

Cheers,

jamie young
04-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Sounds like the best year yet, and wish I could be there to do more wet plate photos, or anything else, for that matter. I'll be skipping this year, as my wife is spending the month at Yaddo (an artist colony), working on a book that goes to the publisher in september. I'll be home (my new home in Syracuse) building a great darkroom and hanging out with my 13 year old. I will try to get some photos done from last year, and send them to Bill, including the group shots. I developed the 8" cirkut neg and it looks great, so am looking forward to printing that as soon as I am able to again. My darkroom is somewhere between Madison and Syracuse, via North Carolina, in a moving van at the moment. I'll plan on 2010 though.
Best, Jamie