PDA

View Full Version : UK Customers

Ian Grant
10-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Mirko, please could you clarify your company's policies with regard to UK based customers.

There are many UK photographers who would prefer to deal direct with Fotoimpex in Berlin rather than through a UK based stockist. I know from personal experience that delivery times from Berlin to the UK are excellent as I've received parcels from your company within 24-48 hours.

You sell a number of products that can't be found in the UK so you are an important potential supplier.

EU free trade laws mean that we have a right like photographers in other EU countries to buy from anywhere in the EU.

Ian

Gary Holliday
10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm very interested in the new Adox papers, but there are no suppliers in the UK currently advertising them!

mrtoml
10-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Me too.

pentaxuser
10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Like others I have never found that the U.K. stockists carried the same range. It was always a restricted range.

Mirko is missing an opportunity here.

pentaxuser

Ian Grant
11-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Well over a week later Mirko still hasn't bothered to clarify the position.

It would be interesting to see what the EU Consumer Affairs Commission would say on the companies attitude to UK customers which amounts to discrimination, which is illegal under EU law.

Ian

alien
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
are you sure he has read this thread?
Maybe he has not answered because he missed the question....

alien

Fintan
11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Perhaps try selecting Weldweit for Worldwide when at the checkout. They may not like to advertise selling to the UK/Ireland but might ship anyway when you select worldwide.

mrtoml
11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
If you want foma or rollei paper you could try maco direct:

http://macodirect.de/

They have an English ordering page and take paypal as well as credit cards. Postage is calculated before you checkout so you can see what it will be.

I just ordered some papers that I could not get in the UK (2 boxes of 12x16) and postage was about 10. They were cheaper too on a lot of items than UK suppliers.

Ian Grant
11-12-2008, 05:42 AM
I think we must assume from Mirko's silence on this matter that there's no longer a problem and Fotoimpex, Berlin, will quite happily post direct to the UK now.

Ian

ADOX Fotoimpex
12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Ian, Garry,

I just saw this thread today.
I was not aware that someone else could start a post here. I thought only I could do so and thus I did not check, because I had no new announcements to make.

We stopped shipping directly to the UK a few years ago because of royal mail problems and since then we send customers to our UK dealers.

If there is interest from UK customers to buy direct instead of from Silverprint or Retro we can ship direct. No problem. Just send us your order.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Ian Grant
12-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks Mirko that clears up some misconception. I buy from Retro, Silverprint and also direct from you in Berlin.

Sometimes it makes more sense to buy direct from Berlin for larger orders, particularly for items that you are the main distributor for.

Ian