PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment - Nov/Dec 2008: An Image of the profession.

Bertus
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
We start a new thread now for the nov/dec 2008 Monthly Shooting Assignment and here it is:
An Image of the profession. Nice pictures of workers, nurse, docter, driver, waiter, teacher, housewife, professor or farmer etc etc are welcome.
Let them coming!

And of course a BIG congratulations to sandvann for his great image in the okt/nov 2008 Assignment "The Mothers Movement push ahead!"

Bert

mooseontheloose
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I wonder if my hung-over, bored students will allow me to photograph them during class time.... ;-)

2F/2F
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I wonder if my hung-over, bored students will allow me to photograph them during class time.... ;-)

Are self portraits allowed? How about pix of a hung-over, bored teacher?

Bertus
11-04-2008, 02:47 AM
I see a phantastic classroom project here. Students take a shot of the teacher!, :rolleyes:
Bert

Are self portraits allowed? How about pix of a hung-over, bored teacher?

sandvann
11-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Quite a challenge Bert. Not that it is difficult to find somebody with a profession, but to create "An Image of the profession". I am working on it...

nsouto
11-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Dang, Bertus! This is a LOT harder than I thought, man!
Congratulations: excellent choice!
I'm in trouble to find some material. Two feeble contributions so far.
Need to spend some time out in the city at lunch break, next week...

sandvann
11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Finally I got one. I have more ideas and are waiting for a the right moment. Hope for more partisipants.

Claire Senft
12-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I have a question. After one has shot one or more photos of the appropriate category, what is to be done with it? Is it to be posted somewhere?
Is a print to be submitted?

Claire Senft
12-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Never mind I figured it out.

Bertus
12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Hello Claire! I hope I did understand the question right:
How to upload: to upload an image in the Monthly Shooting Asighment (you can see this gallery down on the page) : Choise your picture and then push the edit button, press te "'All subscriber galleries", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Asighment,thats it. Its only for fun!
I have made a copy of the text made by Film Sprocket some times ago about the MSA idea, here it is:

For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA :

1. Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
2. Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
3. You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=508 , or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
4. It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in a couple of months time (it's not really monthly ).

Hope to see nice pictures here.

Bert

Bertus
12-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Only 3 days left to partisipate on the nov/dec 2008 topic Professions!
- Bert

Bertus
12-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Wow, what a fantastic collection of professions! Thanks everybody for your entry in this MSA. !!!!!!!! We’ve got (examples included):
- The oldest profession in the world - Modern Minstrels - Firefighter - Bass player - Photoshopkeeper - Carpenter - Donut seller - Jeweller - Kindergarten nurse - Waitress - Paviors - Scaffold builders - Deckhand - Piper - Shoemaker- Midwife - Barmaid - Franchiser making a coffee - Streetmusician - Smith - Mannequin - Farmer -. This is much more then I thought before I start this subject. How in the world I must pick out the winner?! So much beautiful portrets and actionshots.
I think, and think, my winner is, ..... I’ll tell it tomorrow!

Bertus
01-01-2009, 06:22 AM
And here comes the winner of the November / December 2008 MSA:
Nuno Souto with his lovely photo “nojob” http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=39212&limit=1,
A great social portret of a young musician that tells a story and the picture works for me. (Included the white belt and hat!) Congratulations Nuno!
You can start to think about the MSA topic for March/April 2009.

The floor is yours Sandvann (our previous winner) with a new MSA subject jan/feb 2009.
Bert

nsouto
01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Oh man, you got me into trouble, Bertus!
Thanks heaps anyway, now I gotta go away and think...